Twitter had no growth in users last quater

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Twitter added zero users last quarter
I have a Twitter account I've seldom used. Really outside of celebrity promotion, comedy / parody accounts, sports and news I never really got the point to Twitter. Even for celebrities it seems like Twitter ends up more often than not causing then more problems than anything.

Really what value does Twitter have for the common person? You can use Instagram and or Facebook to post pics and videos as well as status updates. I've always wondered what Twitter actually provides that's unique that either of those social media networks doesn't. It always seemed like a stripped down version of Facebook status updates to me.

I'm getting old though so I don't get half this stuff anymore.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Twitter sucks because there is too much noise.
Twitter is an excellent promotional tool for people to reach a wide audience. I just don't see how the average person gets much out of it. If you're just a regular person talking to friends how is that much different than Facebook? Maybe because instead of using your government name you use a handle so it's less personal?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I still don't understand the appeal of twitter and instagram:yeshrug:
I kinda get Instagram. It's stripped down to pic posting and comments. I still think Facebook makes both redundant but to me Instagram has more value than Twitter. The thing I really don't get though is Snapchat.

Like I said I'm getting too old for all this crap. Too many different screen names and logins to do redundant stuff on multiple networks.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
I kinda get Instagram. It's stripped down to pic posting and comments. I still think Facebook makes both redundant but to me Instagram has more value than Twitter. The thing I really don't get though is Snapchat.

Like I said I'm getting too old for all this crap. Too many different screen names and logins to do redundant stuff on multiple networks.

I agree with everything u said

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Twitter added zero users last quarter
I have a Twitter account I've seldom used. Really outside of celebrity promotion, comedy / parody accounts, sports and news I never really got the point to Twitter. Even for celebrities it seems like Twitter ends up more often than not causing then more problems than anything.

Really what value does Twitter have for the common person? You can use Instagram and or Facebook to post pics and videos as well as status updates. I've always wondered what Twitter actually provides that's unique that either of those social media networks doesn't. It always seemed like a stripped down version of Facebook status updates to me.

I'm getting old though so I don't get half this stuff anymore.
Instagram bans on sight nudity...Twitter? Yeah right

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Twitter isn't going anywhere soon.

It's probably maxed out. But as long as celebrities are there, it has that advantage over facebook. You can tweet a celeb and they'll (sometimes) tweet you back. That NEVER happens on facebook.

Twitter is a newsfeed for millions of ppl. It's where I get news from.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
twitter started off hot but was slow to innovate. they should've been first to adding videos and live streaming but they got comfortable while facebook was cooking all that up. plus they still have the same interface from when they first launched, i think.

just a badly managed product. they're gonna turn into myspace status eventually. there's nothing that draws ppl to the software anymore and it might be too late to pivot the company to a streaming site since there's plenty of them out there already.