Twitter Blue is $7.99.. Who copping a blue check

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
I think people are missing the point. The blue check will verify you. Like this is your online identification moving forward on Twitter.

This is basically going to become your LinkedIn page with your political, musical, personal feelings.
We get the point the counter point is people ain't going for paying money for it lol. Even celebs say they ain't paying lol.

TheGreatMTB

All Star
Daps
I know people are saying it will fall off now, but it feel off a long time ago. I only see tweets blow up from specific accounts or some random attractive woman. Half the stuff I see on my timeline is random people because - someone liked this tweet, or someone followed this person - I don't even have control of my timeline anymore. Unless I specifically search for stuff my timeline is consumed with women talking about random shyt (just because I happen to follow a few women and that's all they like apparently)

So it'll be different, can't really say it'll fall off

Depreciating Asset

Please pawg responsibly
Daps
Reppin
Other
Feels like there should be a red check for verified celebs and a blue check for $8 subscriptions. Problems solved.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
How is Elon musk an oppressor
That’s easy. He has made all his money off of precious metal mines during the apartheid, then over here to the US, to make all of his money on the backs of non-union workers, and tax payer subsidies. He tries to “infiltrate” the 99%, by making “edgy” jokes, and exploiting meme culture. He hops on the internet, and tries to show he is “just one of the guys”, trying to push the capitalist narrative by promoting guys like Desantos, Trump (don’t be filled by their little back and forth), etc..on social media. He got baited into buying Twitter because he tried to use heavy handed tactics to influence the narrative that the muting of hate speech is akin to violating free speech, which isn’t remotely the same thing. It didn’t work, and now he is stuck with this company he doesn’t want. He guts the place, takes away the livelihood of thousands in one day (do not argue this point with the alt-right ‘he fired a bunch of snowflakes’ garbage), and instead of standing on his ten toes over it, he comes up with a narrative that not only did they deserve to be fired because they were total “libtards”, but that because advertisers are using their rights under the “free market” that made him a billionaire, that his and “our” right to free speech is being infringed, when he knows better. Those are the acts, when done by somebody with as much influence, and power that Musk has, of somebody that wants to control a population that he has power over. He stated, while arguing with some a politician that actually does want the 99% to rise up to a degree, paying 8 dollars a month to gain a now useless “status” in his large, and influential social media company is, in his words “power to the people”. If anybody thinks that this isn’t just another attempt by a billionaire to consolidate power for him, and his powerful friends, people are not paying attention to history.

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
We get the point the counter point is people ain't going for paying money for it lol. Even celebs say they ain't paying lol.

People are going to love to pay for it and the price increase a year from now. People were willing to pay for the blue check prior to this.

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
He just laid off half of twitter right at the holidays lol. At least one pregnant woman I'm aware of

That’s easy. He has made all his money off of precious metal mines during the apartheid, then over here to the US, to make all of his money on the backs of non-union workers, and tax payer subsidies. He tries to “infiltrate” the 99%, by making “edgy” jokes, and exploiting meme culture. He hops on the internet, and tries to show he is “just one of the guys”, trying to push the capitalist narrative by promoting guys like Desantos, Trump (don’t be filled by their little back and forth), etc..on social media. He got baited into buying Twitter because he tried to use heavy handed tactics to influence the narrative that the muting of hate speech is akin to violating free speech, which isn’t remotely the same thing. It didn’t work, and now he is stuck with this company he doesn’t want. He guts the place, takes away the livelihood of thousands in one day (do not argue this point with the alt-right ‘he fired a bunch of snowflakes’ garbage), and instead of standing on his ten toes over it, he comes up with a narrative that not only did they deserve to be fired because they were total “libtards”, but that because advertisers are using their rights under the “free market” that made him a billionaire, that his and “our” right to free speech is being infringed, when he knows better. Those are the acts, when done by somebody with as much influence, and power that Musk has, of somebody that wants to control a population that he has power over. He stated, while arguing with some a politician that actually does want the 99% to rise up to a degree, paying 8 dollars a month to gain a now useless “status” in his large, and influential social media company is, in his words “power to the people”. If anybody thinks that this isn’t just another attempt by a billionaire to consolidate power for him, and his powerful friends, people are not paying attention to history.
:ohhh: I only knew of him from Tesla and Starlink

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I think people are missing the point. The blue check will verify you. Like this is your online identification moving forward on Twitter.

This is basically going to become your LinkedIn page with your political, musical, personal feelings.
you're missing the point.

a credit card isn't verification, they're not doing any type of onlyfans-like verification of users.

Last edited:

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad

a credit card isn't verification, they're not doing anytime of onlyfans-like verification of users.
Yea that's what appears to be happening. Anybody with 8$ a month can claim to be anyone and they'll get a blue check without any type of identification process.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
:ohhh: I only knew of him from Tesla and Starlink
It’s all good. He does a good job of “blending in”, and I’m glad you found out, because most people don’t think it affect them, when it really does, and if it doesn’t, than they are part of the “haves”, not the “have nots”.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin

a credit card isn't verification, they're not doing anytime of onlyfans-like verification of users.
You are both right though, they released his texts with his brother, during “discovery” before he folded and decided to just buy it. He wants to turn this shyt into something very similar to Chinas “social credit score”, and he will do that by making Twitter a “one stop shop” where your whole identity is tied into Twitter. Sounds nuts, and like a conspiracy theory, but give it some time! I would love to be wrong