Essential TV Cancellations,Renewals,Ratings, Pilots And General Discussion Thread

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Zendaya To Topline HBO’s Drama Pilot ‘Euphoria’; Storm Reid, Maude Apatow, Astro & Eric Dane Co-Star

"Euphoria revolves around the story of drugs, sex, identity, trauma, social media, love and friendship as told by a lying, drug-addicted 17-year-old girl named Rue, to be played by Zendaya."

Zdhxrmn.png

This just sounds like a HBO version of a Netflix show for teens.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Motherfukkers.

Hoping there’s a chance The Mick comes back from the dead. :mjcry:
You know, I think I'm done being investing in network TV. They stay scrapping shyt. They're so desperate for a home-runs with every show. That's just not realistic anymore. Why can't they evolve and accept that?

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
:patrice:

Apple seems to be getting a few things in the pipeline.

Anybody have any idea of how they plan on rolling shyt out?

Is Apple TV poppin' enough to get them in the game alongside Hulu & Amazon? (I left off Netflix because, come on... it's Netflix - there's a long way to go)

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
:patrice:

Apple seems to be getting a few things in the pipeline.

Anybody have any idea of how they plan on rolling shyt out?

Is Apple TV poppin' enough to get them in the game alongside Hulu & Amazon? (I left off Netflix because, come on... it's Netflix - there's a long way to go)

They have a war chest but for some reason they're not spending yet. I think they'll incorporate Apple TV with Apple Music similar to how YouTube Red gives you Google Music.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
They have a war chest but for some reason they're not spending yet. I think they'll incorporate Apple TV with Apple Music similar to how YouTube Red gives you Google Music.

I was just thinking - if I was a creative and Apple came to me with the bag, would I go with them or hold out for someone else?

For me I'd say if I had a show I was pitching and it wasn't network I'd be hoping for (in order):

1. Netflix (eyes)
2. HBO (they still only program on Sundays really so you're gonna be waiting a while for your turn)
3. Hulu/Apple
4. Apple/Hulu
5. Amazon Prime (they'll figure it out eventually)
6. YouTube Red/TV (still feels like it's a platform for kids/teens)

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
I was just thinking - if I was a creative and Apple came to me with the bag, would I go with them or hold out for someone else?

For me I'd say if I had a show I was pitching and it wasn't network I'd be hoping for (in order):

1. Netflix (eyes)
2. HBO (they still only program on Sundays really so you're gonna be waiting a while for your turn)
3. Hulu/Apple
4. Apple/Hulu
5. Amazon Prime (they'll figure it out eventually)
6. YouTube Red/TV (still feels like it's a platform for kids/teens)

Depends on whether you want the bag or for the show to be seen by millions. Netflix was slowly phasing out programming produced by Fox and Disney before talks of the merger even started so they'll need to increase original programming for the gap.

I think Prime actually has more subscribers than Netflix but most of them aren't their for the TV but the shipping but we know they have the bag too.

Hulu's in a weird space because Disney or Comcast are about to have majority control over it and there's too many variables from that. If they lose exclusive shows though they might throw a bag at you.

I don't know where HBO and it's counterparts (Showtime/Starz) are heading tbh. Those places used to be the first place that movies debuted on TV but now Hulu and Netflix are right on their asses. That may lead them to increasing the amount of content they produce as they focus on their subscription services.

Jury's out on YouTube Red. They just increased their price to 11.99 and combined it with Google Music, so we'll have to see how many subscribers stick around.