Essential TV Cancellations,Renewals,Ratings, Pilots And General Discussion Thread

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
i hate the anti-bootlegger argument that people use when shows get cancelled

I'm an 80's baby...I used to watch Fresh Prince, the Cosby Show, Martin, NY Undercover, A Different World, etc. for FREE. Those shows got multiple seasons not only because they were great sitcoms, but BECAUSE THEY WERE FREE. If they were on tnt or the Oxygen, they wouldn't have gotten half the viewership and longevity.

Big corporations making these shows virtually inaccessible through rampant greed is why these shows get cancelled...PERIOD. it's ridiculous that for many of these shows, you have to have cable service and a subscription to that particular fukking channel if your cable package doesn't have it (which is common nowadays).

So yea, I'm going to bootleg shows on HBO. fukk it. I'm not paying close to $200 a month for some TV. It's ridiculous. I don't blame anyone for bootlegging these shows at all.
shyt,i wish my cable bill was $200/month

Im currently paying $281 and I don’t even watch tv unless it’s sports or the few shows I watch live on premium channels like GOT,Westworld,Power,etc

I don’t blame anyone or pirating shyt cause these prices are ridiculous

If I didn’t have kids and a spouse I would’ve been gotten rid of cable years ago

Last edited:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Okay so you’re the perfect person to pose this question to since I’ve asked and no one wants to bite. You said networks are losing to Netflix and amazon. Debatable but let’s say you’re right. Would you be willing to pay monthly for fox, cbs, abc, and/or nbc the same way you pay for Netflix or Hulu or the way premium cable networks like HBO have been paid for for years?
fukk NO!!

This is a silly ass question because those channels are free

Why the fukk would anyone pay to watch network tv

I could see if you said channels like FX or other basic cable channels but hell no I would never pay a subscription for network tv

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
shyt,i wish my cable bill was $200/month

Im currently paying $281 and I don’t even watch tv unless it’s sports or the few shows I watch libe on premium channels like GOT,Westworld,Power,etc

I don’t blame anyone or pirating shyt cause these prices are ridiculous

If I didn’t have kids and a spouse I would’ve been gotten rid of cable years ago

I switched to directv now brother. $35/month and not missing a thing

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
fukk NO!!

This is a silly ass question because those channels are free

Why the fukk would anyone pay to watch network tv

I could see if you said channels like FX or other basic cable channels but hell no I would never pay a subscription for network tv

Aye I agree it’s silly lol. I posed it because cats keep saying they need to get on board the streaming train. And then you realize that means paying for stuff you’ve gotten for free for decades

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I don't have cable so I can't dvr it...:ld: I would watch it if it was on netflix or amazon tho...
I have cable and I still don’t waste my time dvr’ing shyt

Once they added commercials to the dvr episode it was a wrap for me

Then they started making so you can’t even fast forward the fukking commercials :snoop:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I switched to directv now brother. $35/month and not missing a thing
Is that the app subscription or do you have to get the dish?

I definitely need to look into something else cause im tired of paying comcast all this money and I basically only use the Internet :snoop:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Is that the app subscription or do you have to get the dish?

I definitely need to look into something else cause im tired of paying comcast all this money and I basically only use the Internet :snoop:

It’s an app. Got it on my Apple TV. I got in early tho where you could get a nice set of channels for that price. I think it’s orobably $10 more now for the package I got. Paid them 3 months up front they sent me a free Apple TV. It’s a great move if you don’t want to pay all that cash but still have tv and since you got a family it will help.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Comcast must've foresaw cord cutting because you can't get internet without a package including cable. I don't use my basic cable and don't even have it hooked up but i'm forced to pay for it because of the package. Idk if it's the same for AT&T.

I pay 110$ (It went up 5 bucks) for basic cable and fast internet speed (not the fastest)

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Yes you can

They have a few different internet plans

Its $30 for 60 mbps down,$80 for 400 mbps down,and $90 for 1GB down

You sure? I asked them and they told me I couldn't get rid of cable because it's apart of my package. I'm gonna check again right now but i'm sure it's the case. My moms tried to do the same thing and they wouldn't let her.

Edit:

Just checked and there's no deal for internet only. You have to get internet with at least 10+ channels package. Might be only a Bay Area thing

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
So The CW passed on the "Supernatural" spinoff "Wayward Sisters" in favor of "The Vampire Diaries"/"The Originals"-spinoff "Legacies":

:yeshrug:I have no problem with this. No misogyny, but I'd rather The CW had gone with that other backdoor pilot spinoff "Supernatural: Bloodlines" they did a few years ago instead of this "Wayward Sisters" bullshyt.

Cheech&Chong

rip chinx
Daps
Reppin
its a wrap for Lethal Weapon. Firing Riggs is worse then getting canceled. One of my favorite current shows to :to:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
People never cease to amuse about all their reasons why it's okay for them to steal :russ:

Like just admit you're a cheap fukk or broke :yeshrug:

Do you but dont whine when a show gets cancelled