Tupac Shakur's Estate Threatens to Sue Drake

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
crazy how quickly everyone forgot all about that conspiracy that Drake is an owner in gamma and that's why he goes to the billboard awards and shyt and can control the media and all of this.

death row is on gamma too. What if this is a ploy and billboard purposely got the exclusive? :jbhmm::jbhmm::jbhmm:

:mjlol:

This beef has had nikkas clinging to literally everything one day and forgetting it the next.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I find it interesting that with all the discourse around the dangers of AI and artist protection that one of the biggest acts in music would do this, when he is quick to remove all AI representation of his voice. The industry backs him and allowed this, 'Taylor made' is the starting shot of what is coming in the future and I don't like it.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Huge self sonning by Drake. Totally shot himself in the foot with this one. Funny thing if he had just kept it to Push Ups he'd be up one. But someone mentioned in one of these threads that he's an insecure person and couldn't leave it alone. Shoulda quit while he was ahead. Did it to himself.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Watch him do that shyt.

But the next one should be him going at Asap, Metro, Ross, French Montana, and The Weeknd. He’s already made his “point” regarding Kendrick. You want the smoke. You and your writers are ready to go all 12 rounds. We get it

I agree, he has made his move on Kendrick and until K.Dot responds he should go atter the rest

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
I find it interesting that with all the discourse around the dangers of AI and artist protection that one of the biggest acts in music would do this, when he is quick to remove all AI representation of his voice. The industry backs him and allowed this 'Taylor made; is the starting shot of what is coming in the future.

Btw, that Drake and Weeknd song is still easily available on YouTube.

Dude tried to put it on DSPs and submitted it for a Grammy which I'm sure is what actually crossed the line.

I genuinely don't know why people are comparing the two like they're a one for one comparison.

And I'm absolutely against the idea of AI being used to extend a dead actors/rappers catalogue or fake songs, but that obviously wasn't this and we all know it.

Just like people trying to act like the timberland and biggie thing were the same.

Drake wasn't out here acting like he actually had a song with them. People immediately noticed the Drake flow. It was just an over the top taunt.

Debatable if it he should have used it? Sure. Is it what people are trying to say it is? Absolutely not.

And I still agree that it's not the best precedent regardless but it's not black and white.

I'm very curious to see where this goes

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I find it interesting that with all the discourse around the dangers of AI and artist protection that one of the biggest acts in music would do this, when he is quick to remove all AI representation of his voice. The industry backs him and allowed this, 'Taylor made' is the starting shot of what is coming in the future and I don't like it.

Facts

Daps
Which was my point from jump. These goofy nikkas dont realize that drake just casually using AI is gonna open the floodgates. This nikka drake is in bed with the elites and nikkas just mindlessly dikkride whatever he does

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
while I agree with you, Tracy Chapman successfully sued Nikki Minag for just using a sample to one of her songs. Minaj never released it on an album, it was Flex that played it on the radio. It was never officially released. I thought that case was crazy. And I'm not a nikki minaj fan. I've never heard any of her albums and don't listen to her music, but this case was wrong. This is basically saying that if I sample an artist in my home, someone breaks in and steals the song and it's played on the radio, I can be sued.

Forgot about that case :ohhh: :ohhh:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
It did feel like somebody trying something out. Seeing an artist blatant co-sign the use of AI in a song is a huge red flag. I think that’s exactly why they’re suing. You can’t co-sign using dead rappers voices in songs that could be released for sale. Like there’s still grey areas with this shyt and Drake is stupid for not realizing this lol. Ok, the song ain’t for sale, this song release could be the catalyst to make selling AI music possible. Good luck to Mr Graham I guess.