Tupac Shakur's Estate Threatens to Sue Drake

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Man fukk all that, Kendrick still has to respond.

However, "Like That", the song that kicked this off a month ago, over taking"Push Ups", which that stickied thread led me to believe ended Kendrick's career....is hilarious.

EDIT:

And on the same day the 2Pac Estate denounced his 2nd diss record. The timing is comical.

J Prince might have to go on another book tour soon.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Yeah,

Anybody clutching their pearls over this is just running defense for Kendrick.

A good portion of Kendrick’s fandom is based on him using A.I.

People only upset cause it was turned back on him.

Nobody suddenly became a Kendrick Lamar fan off the deepfake music video. Stop it.

And he got permission from the actual dead person’s family to use Nipsey’s likeness as well as approval from Lauren London. The Heart Part 5 was an artistic statement, not a cheap thrill for shock value during a rap battle

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Kenny need to throw his fans a life line… he got yall nikkas lookin crazy right now :mjlol:
I’m not a Kendrick super fan even though I’m rooting for him.

And yes… if he doesn’t drop another record he loses.

I don’t have him on the clock tho… yet.

If we were still doing 90s/00s rap now would be the perfect time for him to do a radio appearance freestyle with Keem and whoever.

Instead he’ll probably do a joint with Lin Manuel Miranda.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This is a bullshyt cope.

For one, Kendrick had plenty of fans before that heart video and even then I wasn’t geeked over it.
His entire second album concept was based around an imaginary conversation and connection he had with tupac :stopitslime:
Two, conflating that with what Drake did retarded. He didn’t turn anything back on Kendrick, he jumped out the window at a fake response made by some tik tok rapper and then decided it would be cute to try it himself
He(his writers) wrote the lyrics and we all know they changed the voice. There’s no real difference in the song with Drake voice attached. Like i said, people pretending to be bothered are only doing so with an agenda.
You could hate Drake and Kendrick equally and STILL remark upon what a bad precedent this sets, let alone if you’re a Pac fan or just give a motherfukk about Hip Hop in general, plenty of reasons to not co-sign this besides being fond of Kendrick.
Kendrick set it first. I didn’t co-sign that shyt a long time ago.

Some of you did, which is why your current disdain for Drake mocking that bullshyt is empty to me. If you really cared about the sanctity of hiphop and tupacs likeness then you would have a problem with Kendrick using it already.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
sue for what? its a mixtape tracks just released in thin air he's not making a dyme from it

The estate could probably argue that the track just being on Drake’s official IG page makes it something he’s making money off of as IG has crossed the boundaries from personal sharing of photos to business asset. Drake uses IG to promote his music and merch.