Votes: 188 60.3%

• Total voters

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I am buggin. At first it was white and gold clear as day. Then I saw the pic from the front that was clearly blue. The I go back to OP and shyt is blue.

Fukced with my brightness on my phone, got my tablet out and OP stayed blue.

Fired Coli up on my 32" TV(/monitor) and OP was white for 1 second then slowly turned blue.

It's like once my brain knew it was blue after seeing the second pic, it just colored it in.

Leggo

Pro
Daps
It has a blueish hue and kind of goldish/darkbrown/black tone depending on which version i'm looking at, and how small or large it is. I think folks are saying white instead of blue because it looks like the dress in the shade somewhere due to how bright background is. Kind of like this.
classic-white-shirt-and-denim-shorts.jpg

How you see the black/gold part though has more to do with what kind of monitor and where you view the image more than it does your eyes. The person probably messed with the contrast of the original dress when trying to get a more detailed pic of the dress which is why it looks gold to some folks, otherwise you wouldn't be able to pull up gold tones on photoshop when you colorpick the dress.

Hybrinetics

Banned
Daps
so all the people seeing black n blue are depressed:mjlol:
"Your eyes have retinas, the things that let you interpret color. There's rods, round things, and cones that stick out, which is what gives your eye a textured appearance in the colored part. The "cones" see color. The "rods" see shade, like black, white and grey. Cones only work when enough light passes through. So while I see the fabric as white, someone else may see it as blue because my cones aren't responding to the dim lighting. My rods see it as a shade (white).

There's three cones: small, medium and large. They are blue sensitive, green sensitive, and red sensitive.

As for the black bit (which I see as gold), it's called additive mixing. Blue, green and red are the main colors for additive mixing. This is where it gets really tricky. Subtractive mixing, such as with paint, means the more colors you add the murkier it gets until its black. ADDITIVE mixing, when you add the three colors the eyes see best, red, green and blue, (not to be confused with primary colors red, blue and yellow) it makes pure white.

—Blue and Black: In conclusion, your retina's cones are more high functioning, and this results in your eyes doing subtractive mixing.

—White and Gold: our eyes don't work well in dim light so our retinas rods see white, and this makes them less light sensitive, causing additive mixing, (that of green and red), to make gold."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/white-and-gold-black-and-blue-dress-2015-2#ixzz3Sv5xvz4t
:youngsabo:

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North

Right. I can't believe people are believing that if you see Black and Blue, you're depressed. :mindblown:

Like.... nikka. :beli:

So, what... When you're pissed off and eating food, a ketchup bottle can all of a sudden turn yellow?:usure:

By the way, I'm selling this bridge. 30% off for all Coli posters. Interested? :sas1:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
:merchant:

I swear that shyt was white gold when I first saw it and now it black/blue