Essential TSC's Official Random News & Notes Thread

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Former WWE Writer Seth Mates Discusses The Booking of Daniel Bryan, Trying to Bring Back Batista as a Face, More

He also discusses having to write for Triple H…

- Former WWE writer Seth Mates recently spoke about working for WWE, the current booking of the company and more. Here are the highlights…

On Writing For Triple H: "I'd written a promo for Hunter once and Steph asked me to rewrite it because it was "too funny." They'd told me to write a Hunter promo about Kane banging a corpse; where else do you go except "funny"? They thought this would be a serious, dramatic, money-making storyline that would get them compared to CSI and the Sopranos. But they had to figure it all out for themselves."

On The AL Wilson Angle: "The Al Wilson stuff actually started because Vince was on a huge hook at the time for dreck like that, and we thought that if we gave him dreck in the divas division, then maybe he'd leave Brock-Taker alone," Mates explains. "But we still got that stupid Tracy (the C-level actress who claimed an affair with Undertaker in 2002) storyline! We tried! But ultimately, no matter what you hear about guys reading comic books or whatever, creative is Vince and Hunter, and it's not a democracy."

On Batista Returning as a Face: "The Batista move was ridiculous," Mates says, stating an accepted fact. "They're hoping to ride the wave once his movie comes out, which could help them greatly from a business standpoint but kills creatively. At this stage, he's the perfect heel, and I think you're seeing that now. He'll be a babyface again at some point, but coming back at age 45 in his skinny jeans and cleavage shirts, he's a heel. The promo he cut on Bryan and the fans at Raw was perfect."

On The Shield: "I love the Shield stuff. You can see that Roman Reigns is gonna be THE GUY, and I loved helping to build stuff like that, like we did with Brock back in 2002. Seeing what ‘The Machine' at WWE is capable of when they WANT a guy to get over is pretty incredible. I also love everything Paul Heyman does. Greatest performer I have ever seen."

On The Booking of Daniel Bryan: "THAT is what killed me about the pre-434 day reign of Punk and what kills me about the current Bryan stuff; the pieces are there but they don't pull the trigger and give us what we want; we as fans will go along for the ride as long as we know we're going somewhere. That's all we ask! The Bryan-Orton stuff at SummerSlam was perfect, but Night of Champions taught the fans not to believe it even if Bryan won, and then they fizzled it all out after Hell in a Cell, hoping it would go away. They can call it "slow burn" all they want, but that's just their way of salvaging the fact that they tried to kill the Bryan push in favor of Batista and it didn't work. Like many fans, I'll put up with a lot, but I can't take the assembly-line, manufactured stuff, which unfortunately is what we're gonna get now for the most part with the Performance Center. With Punk not coming back on Raw, I'm actually just about done coming back as a viewer. Being a fan has become homework, and I'm tired. And I'm sure the network is great, but I don't want to watch wrestling on my computer, and I have enough DVDs already."

I-Hate-You

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
- The newly signed Santana Garrett will be officially named "Brittany" in TNA. The TNA website has a feature up on her, which you can check out here. She is expected to debut on this week's Impact.

- TNA tapes Impact on Thursday, Friday and Saturday from Universal Studios in Orlando.

- Wrestle-1's Senada will be in full time for TNA, starting with this week's TV tapings.

- Tigre Uno will also work the tapings.

- Jeff Hardy, as Willow, will also be at the tapings.

Read more at http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/n...-Impact-Tapings,-More.htm#YchU3WYI5LwQlLf8.99

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
not sure if i posted this already i know i posted the listing

918wmrvUQfL._SL1500_.jpg

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
For the second consecutive week, the interaction between Daniel Bryan and Triple H/Stephanie McMahon positioned at the top of the third hour blew away the rest of Raw in the quarter-hour TV ratings.

In the key demo of males 18-49, Raw peaked between 10:02 and 10:12 p.m. EST for the meat of Bryan's "Occupy Raw" bit setting up Hunter accepting a WrestleMania match.
Numerically, the Q9 segment at the top of the third hour averaged 1.747 million m18-49 viewers and scored a 2.78 demo rating. This grew on last week's show-high Q9 performance of 1.620 million viewers and 2.57 rating.

The next closest segment this week was 1.534 million viewers in the over-run for Bryan & Big Show vs. Randy Orton & Batista.

For non-over-run segments, Q5 drew 1.494 million viewers for Paul Heyman-The Undertaker and Q7 drew 1.484 million viewers for the end of The Shield vs. Rhodes Bros.

Then, there was the first hour. The first hour was not even in the ballpark of Fall TV Season first hour, which ranged between 1.1 and 1.2 million viewers. This week's first hour did not reach 1.2 million viewers and did not reach 1.1 million viewers until Q3.

Raw Break Down - M18-49 Demo

- Overall Show: 2.19 rating and 1.373 million viewers

Q1: Raw opened with a measly 1.081 million viewers for Hulk Hogan opening the show, John Cena interaction, and Wyatt Family interruption. Either fans were mad after last week, Daylight Savings Time threw off viewers, or there were other reasons why this opening segment performed poorly.

Q2: Raw dipped to a show-low 1.021 million viewers for Cena vs. Erick Rowan, plus two commercial breaks.

Q3: Raw bumped up to 1.151 million viewers for The Authority making a speech, one commercial, and The Usos vs. Ryback & Curtis Axel.

Q4: Raw bumped up to 1.186 million viewers for Big E. vs. Jack Swagger and two full commercial breaks.

Q5: Raw got a 26 percent top-of-the-hour bump to 1.494 million viewers for The Undertaker returning and Paul Heyman confronting him, plus one commercial. The segment peaked with 1.700 and 1.701 million viewers before the commercial.

Q6: Raw dipped to 1.476 million viewers for the first-half of The Shield vs. Rhodes Bros. and one commercial.

Q7: Raw rebounded to 1.484 million viewers for the end of the tag match, one commercial, and a Divas tag match.

Q8: Raw fell to 1.434 million viewers for two commercials and the first-half of Daniel Bryan hi-jacking Raw. The segment started to build momentum at the end of the hour, peaking with 1.725 million viewers at 9:55 p.m.

Q9: Raw skyrocketed 22 percent to 1.747 million viewers for the Bryan-Hunter/Stephanie confrontation and one commercial at the end of the segment.

Peak viewership was a ridiculously-high 1.922 million viewers at 10:10 p.m., then 1.919 million viewers at 10:11 p.m. heading to commercial. From 10:02 p.m. to 10:12 p.m. viewership was between 1.7 and 2.0 million viewers.

Q10: Raw fell back to the pre-Q9 levels with 1.431 million viewers for the first-half of Sheamus vs. Christian and one commercial.

Q11: Raw inched up to 1.449 million viewers for the second-half of Sheamus-Christian, one commercial, and a backstage segment.

Q12: Raw dropped to 1.365 million viewers for pre-main event happenings, main event ring intros, and two full commercial breaks.

Over-run: Raw increased to 1.534 million viewers for Bryan & Show vs. Orton & Batista. The segment was up from 1.429 million viewers for last week's over-run, but last week's segment included a rare mid-overtime commercial.

Bryan vs. Hunter is going to carry WWE to WrestleMania this year. Last year, it was the C.M. Punk-Paul Heyman interaction surrounding Punk vs. Undertaker. This year, it's the Bryan-Authority show. WWE just has to be careful with how they frame it by not going over-board on the "Hippies vs. Corporations" theme that could take viewers out of the moment of what has been an easy-to-follow "Underdog vs. Power-Hungry New Boss" feud.

Someone has to carry WM XXX with no Rock around and that someone, as the numbers can attest, are Daniel Bryan:yes:

LOL@Cena getting the show low in his two segments and Bryan was the most watched in his two segments.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Raw doing a 2.2 and less than 2 million viewers? These numbers can't be right, those are like record lows.

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
Dwayne not there to save Mania season. wonder what that buyrate would have looked like without the network

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Dwayne not there to save Mania season. wonder what that buyrate would have looked like without the network

Interesting..I'll still wonder if there's gonna be a system to know what the most watched things are on the Network weekly or monthly. The Network muddles WM buyrates and shyt now....it's all deadlocked because of this weird system. Anyhow...if the show doesn't produce, they'll lose memberships and whatnot. The anger is getting to that next level with fans...

Taker is gonna be on Smackdown in Houston on Tuesday...everyone seems to be there but Batista and Blandy
-- The Toyota Center in Houston sent out a blast email advertising a big six-man tag match, The Undertaker in his hometown, and Triple H for Tuesday's Smackdown TV taping. The advertised bonus tag match has John Cena and Daniel Bryan teaming with Sheamus against Bray Wyatt, Kane, and Alberto Del Rio.