Essential TSC's Official Random News & Notes Thread

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Was at the House Show here in the CHI last night and it was crazy. Mark Henry and Fandango had a dance-off and after Fandango did his thing, Mark started dancing to Billie Jean :laff:. Had a black glove on and even attempted the world's strongest moonwalk. Got close enough to see The Shield when they did their entrance and Roman is a scary muthafukker from close up. They went against Punk in a 3 on 1 match. Got some close up shots of AJ's ass and :ohlawd: TV doesn't do it justice. Wish Thikki Nikki had been there but Nattie was looking :noah:

The Wyatts took on DB and The Usos in a cage match. Was my first House Show and enjoyed much more than a live Raw since the people weren't so caught up in getting on camera.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
turnbuckle.gif

Whats this brehs?
I gotta seriously start catching NXT.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Chris Hero (Kassius Ohno) told a story on his latest shoot interview - he didn't waste any time :laugh: - about Paul Heyman talking to some people backstage at the NXT tapings while that Cesaro/Zayn match was happening. Hero said Paul was glancing at the monitor checking out the match but after that tornado DDT from Zayn he shut up and was literally :ohmy: for the rest of the match. After it was over he went directly to Gorilla to talk to both those guys.

Man, I wanna see this match.

from last night MSG house show. Goldust/Cody vs Real Americans, steel cage match :damn:

KendoNagasaki

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Wolves
Chris Hero (Kassius Ohno) told a story on his latest shoot interview - he didn't waste any time :laugh: - about Paul Heyman talking to some people backstage at the NXT tapings while that Cesaro/Zayn match was happening. Hero said Paul was glancing at the monitor checking out the match but after that tornado DDT from Zayn he shut up and was literally :ohmy: for the rest of the match. After it was over he went directly to Gorilla to talk to both those guys.

Man, I wanna see this match.

from last night MSG house show. Goldust/Cody vs Real Americans, steel cage match :damn:

Have you seen the rest of the shoot? Well worth checking out, if you haven't. He talks in depth on his time in WWE, from HHH being the 'Vince' of NXT and running everything, to his thoughts on the Performance Centre, the trainers, wrestlers and his friendship with the likes of Regal, Norman Smiley, Cesaro and Punk. A good watch, even for guys who aren't a big fan of Hero.

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Have you seen the rest of the shoot? Well worth checking out, if you haven't. He talks in depth on his time in WWE, from HHH being the 'Vince' of NXT and running everything, to his thoughts on the Performance Centre, the trainers, wrestlers and his friendship with the likes of Regal, Norman Smiley, Cesaro and Punk. A good watch, even for guys who aren't a big fan of Hero.

Yeah, just finished it. Way better than I thought it would be, Hero made sure to not burn any bridges but still managed to tell fun stories and explain how the system works in Florida.

Mr.Black

An Honest Man
Daps
So rob conway is now nwa tag champion too?

Conway_Jax.jpg

Saturday, November 9, 2013

By Colby Primeaux

Osaka, Japan - NWA World Heavyweight Champion “Ironman” Rob Conway and Jax Dane captured the NWA World Tag Team Titles at New Japan Pro Wrestling’s “Power Struggle” event in Osaka by defeating NWA champions Killer Elite Squad, Lance Archer and Davey Boy Smith, Jr., and defending IWGP Tag Team Champions Satoshi Kojima and Hiroyoshi Tenzan.

The match came about after a challenge was issued by the Killer Elite Squad at NWA’s “Alamo City Invasion” event in San Antonio, TX in October. The challenge was accepted by Tenzan on behalf of both he and Kojima before Conway and Dane declared their desire to compete for both titles.

The rules of the double-fall, double title match stated that the winners of the first fall would be awarded the NWA titles, while the winners of the second fall would be awarded the IWGP titles. Conway won the first fall, pinning Kojima after using his Ego Trip finisher.

In doing so, Conway becomes the first person to ever hold the NWA World Heavyweight and World Tag Team championships simultaneously. The victory also marks the first time an NWA championship has changed hands in Japan since Dan Severn defeated Shinya Hashimoto in Tokyo on March 9, 2002.

The victory gives Dane, a former NWA Lone Star Heavyweight and NWA Branded Outlaw Heavyweight Champion, and long considered to be one of the top contenders for the NWA World Heavyweight title, his first major NWA championship.

In the second fall, Archer pinned Tenzan to regain the IWGP Tag Team Championships. KES had previously held the titles from October 2012 to May 2013.

Shane Douglas crawls back to the NWA:

CIW_11-17-13.jpg

Former NWA World Heavyweight Champion “the Franchise” Shane Douglas has never been one to avoid controversy. His minutes-long reign with the championship that ended with him throwing the belt down and declaring the NWA dead 19 years ago has become woven into wrestling folklore. He’s long been an outspoken advocate for the athleticism and competition in professional wrestling, shunning the emphasis on entertainment and spectacle.

In August, Douglas returned to the NWA, appearing at an NWA-Championship International Wrestling event in Toledo, Ohio and has made several subsequent appearances. He is set to compete again at NWA-CIW’s “ November 2 Remember” event at the International Boxing Club in Toledo on Sunday, November 17.

Recently, NWARingside.com spoke with Douglas, who provided his take on the new NWA and the state of professional wrestling.

NWARingside: Why come back to the NWA?

Shane Douglas: Throughout history, someone many do something today that may seem right as rain, but ten years from now when the circumstances have changed, it might have been the wrong thing. But the problem with history is that you’re stuck in the here and now. When I threw the NWA belt down, that was me putting the focus on ECW. But with where the business has gone two decades later, it seems to me that the powers-that-be in wrestling are trying to kill our business.

Vince McMahon doesn’t allow his announcers to use the words wrestling or wrestlers. It’s not wrestling, it’s entertainment. It’s just bizarre to me. And as they’re doing that, take a look at the ratings. The numbers support my argument. The business is dying. Ten years ago, Vince McMahon was doing 9s in the ratings. Now he’s doing low 2s and heading south. TNA, after spending close to 400 million dollars that Panda Energy invested in it, has nothing to show for it and now the rumor is that it’s up for sale or is being sold. The one thing no one has tried is wrestling.

When I look back throughout my career and before, when I was a kid watching, the NWA always stood for the wrestling company. Back when the WWF was going the way of entertainment with big 350-pound, steroided-up guys, the wrestlers resided in the NWA. When you look at Ric Flair, Tully Blanchard, Arn Anderson, Ole Anderson, Harley Race, Ricky Steamboat, Terry, Funk, Dory Funk, the list goes on and on, and you compare those two companies, the NWA was, by anyone’s measurement, the wrestling company.

Here we are 20 years later with the wrestling business dying and seeing the NWA scratch, kick and claw, trying to get the wrestling back in the game. That’s where I’m going to throw my hat. That’s why I’m here, to try to facilitate, any way I can, to help the NWA bring the wrestling game back. Because I’m not a fan of where the business is today.

NWARingside: Given that the fans’ last memory of you in conjunction with the NWA is throwing the NWA belt down, were you concerned with how you would be received coming back?

Douglas: Not really. I’ve been controversial throughout my career and one thing I’ve learned in professional wrestling and in life is that controversy sells. I had no delusions that the NWA fans would be throwing out rose petals for me and receiving me with open arms. But being that I was the guy, at least in my mind, that throughout my career has always been a vocal proponent of professional wrestling. The pyrotechnics, the cartoon storylines and all that crazy stuff, that was for someone else. That wasn’t what drew Troy Martin to the business. I think with what I’ve accomplished in my career, I certainly have something to offer to the NWA and the NWA has something to offer to me. As I’m wrapping up my in-ring career, and with the past being what it is, I could either sit down on sidelines and be a spectator of the sport, hoping that somebody gets it back on track, or I could throw my hat in the ring and facilitate the one company that seems to be trying to push wrestling - the sport - back to the forefront.

NWARingside: Why now? Why not a few years ago? Why not after you left TNA? Why not after ECW closed and WWF bought WCW?

Douglas: This is the first time I’ve spoken with the people who are now heading up the NWA, and gotten the belief that their heart and head are in the same place. Five years ago, seven, ten, there was NWA This and NWA That and NWA Here and NWA There, and no one had any idea who was really running it. Even TNA dabbled with using the NWA name, and I know for a fact they did it because NWA was still the wrestling company, with athletes, not entertainers. At this time, after speaking with the people heading up the NWA at length, I don’t believe they’re paying lip service to me. I believe their heads and their hearts are in the same place mine are, trying to being the sport of wrestling back.

If I were to say to you, "Give me 400 million dollars of your money and let me go out and try to copy Vince McMahon’s crappy product," I’d think you’d be insane to do it. Professional wrestling has been a strong athletic, entertaining entity for 100-plus years. And now its heading southward on some lala-land tangent where the most important thing about a wrestler is whether or not he has a beard. For crying out loud, that’s just insane to me that that’s the storyline, especially when you have a kid who’s a pretty damn good wrestler. Where I see the NWA sitting right now is that they seem to be the one entity, in voice and in practice, that shows me they want to bring wrestling back. I’m not here to win any medals or popularity contests. I want to be able to sit down when I’m 60, 70, 80 years old with my kids, grandkids or great-grandkids and watch a great professional wrestling match, not somebody talking about their beard. I want to see athletes competing in the ring, giving their all, like we were taught to do in this business.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
so ya boy mark henry finally gonna have a dope feud again
i dont wanna spoil it for anybody that doesnt wanna know but evidently it goes down on raw tomorrow :ohhh:cant wait to see it

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

http://www.wwe.com/classics/classic-lists/15-superstars-who-shouldve-been-bigger-deals/page-16

I fukkING KNEW JOEY SYLES WOULD PUT WACK ASS SINISTER MINISTER ON THIS LIST. I LITERALLY CLICKED THROUGH THE WHOLE THING, AND LOW AND BEHOLD, HES THE LAST ONE ON THE LIST

Joey is such a joke sometimes, sinister minister is a piece of garbage and you cant retcon that homie. :camby: