TSC MEMBER God basically said DX was MUCH BIGGER than the NwO

Who was bigger in history? NwO (original) or DX (Comedy Ripoff)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
NWO is bigger in history, even if it ended in a shyt show. I don't think there's any question about that.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
And kids and highschoolers were copying the Rock over anything unless you lived in North Dakota or Connecticut...even NY flipped from SUCK IT to ROCKY LIVE on PPV. Then he out popped Austin at Breakdown 98 while no one even remembers what DX DID on that show. DX never had a moment like that...crowd was cheering Nash over Goldberg at Starrcade 98. .stuff like that.

:ufdup: we were hitting people with the rock bottom and givin the people's eyebrow quite often round here

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Qj7sF.gif

HBGOAT and HHH always did both versions

Too bloated and not flexible enough to get his arms to cross anymore. No homo.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Made Cripple give the belt up after putting over the real star in Rock a month before

literally made Nash lay down for him and give up his leadership status

Had Hall stay on NwO Hollywood to keep the cool factor

Kept Waltman as a runner

Had Shawn Michaels flopping around the ring like an idiot in his 40s:laugh:

KLIQ RUNS THE BIZ? Not when Hogan shows up...

Nash and Hall still put Hogan over as the GOAT to this very day.

blackestofpanthers

God forgives, you are forgiven.
Daps
Reppin
Bay area
NWO was much bigger. Also WCW was killing wwf in video games during that time. Wcw vs nwo and wcw vs nwo revenge on N64 were huge multiplayer titles with goldeneye. People still talk about those two wrestling games as the pinnacle.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
think about this though. more people were watching wrestling in 98-99 than in 96-97 and dx was all apart of that. everyone who watched wrestling those 2 years remembers dx. the crotch chops, the suck it... main event status or not it was one of the major things that helped to define that era. so i'm pretty sure everyone that knew of the nwo also knew of dx.

homeboy in the OP might be right. not sayin he is, not sayin he isn't. but i believe an argument can be made. the nwo was no doubt the more revolutionary and groundbreaking faction as it pertains to the world of wrestling, but it's not out of line to say that dx might have penetrated pop culture in a way that they never really did. they were fresher, more crude, and somehow it just a found a way to mesh and blend in perfectly with that late-90's anti-culture movement.

also more people saw the rise of dx live as it happened than they did the nwo. when most eyes were on the product, the nwo was already in decline. so that might've damaged their legacy just a bit.

Last edited:

Rack4K

Banned
Daps
Reppin
BK
It's really not complicated. It's like comparing Austin/Rock in terms of being 'bigger'. Austin was 'bigger' and more important in wrestling circles but Rock was a bigger pop culture icon outside of it.

Same thing with nWo/DX. nWo is the most important faction of all time...so among wrestling fans, it's bigger. But non-wrestling fans (I.E. fans who stopped watching after the boom or in some cases, people who never watched at all) are more familiar with DX. It ultimately depends on how you define 'bigger'.

The importance of the nWo doesn't resonate with the average person in American culture the way the crotchchop and catchphrase did. There's a reason why Chyna, a female member of DX who never really contributed anything to the group, became a way bigger name in pop culture than most members of the nWo on the back of that DX/Attitude run.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
They weren't huge transcedent stars like Rock, DX, SCSA in terms of mainstream exposure.

Take DX out of there and that's an accurate statement. He wasn't making argument about who the bigger group is or which was better. The Rock and Stone Cold were main stream stars in the late 90's. What's the biggest mainstream exposure nWo members not named Hulk Hogan got? MTV Spring Break 97? @Kevin_Nash on Sabrina the Teenage Witch?

WhatsGoodTy

Ya feel me
Daps
They both not fukking with

tumblr_mogzk2A75m1rg89a6o1_r1_500.jpg

:troll:

NWO and it's not even a debate. Ain't nobody give a fukk about no HHH:mjlol: Chydyke:mjlol:X-who:mjlol: Mid card tag team :mjlol:. Telling people to suck it :upsetfavre:.

Kevin_Nash

2x WWE Hall of Famer
Daps
Take DX out of there and that's an accurate statement. He wasn't making argument about who the bigger group is or which was better. The Rock and Stone Cold were main stream stars in the late 90's. What's the biggest mainstream exposure nWo members not named Hulk Hogan got? MTV Spring Break 97? @Kevin_Nash on Sabrina the Teenage Witch?

Hey pal, I opened doors for my generation of wrestlers to get movie rolls. The Rock would never had been a movie star had I not been in "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2", Mick Foley would have never been on Boy Meets World had I not paved the way for him.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
They did. DX was more mainstream thanks to the WWF marketing and promo abilities. I said in my OP that NWO was bigger in wrestling circles. What is crazy about that?
:mjlol::mjlol:

Let's forget that Hulk was a fukking national hero that turned bad guy...let's also forget him being involved in a program with Jay Leno. DX was only mainstream when Tyson came onboard...

Hulk is one of the most populr wrestlers ever...based on his name alone,how the fukk can you sit here and say DX was more mainstream...

Let's also forget that NWO was involved with Rodman before Mike Tyson was involved with DX/WWF...let's forget that Rodman was popular back in 1997 as well thus he brought in mainstream attention.

:mjlol:
:camby: