Trying to Maintain 3000 Calories a Day

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
6'2"
162lbs
Have been struggling to put on weight for a minute so...

I'm trying to finally put on some fukking muscle. Going to go with Jim Wendlers' program that has you eating like crazy and also working out like crazy.

Here's part of the diet plan. Probably gonna add a protein meal replacement shake in there with some PB&J sandwiches. Also gonna toss in some avocados, nuts, and fruits to snack while I'm at it too. Might swap on the cheeseburger and fries on occasion. Also got whole milk that I'm probably gonna swap out with Silk Vanilla/Chocolate Nutmilk.

Meal 1
  • 8 whole eggs
  • 4 pieces bacon
  • 4 pieces toast
  • 2 bananas
Meal 2
  • 1 pound ground beef mixed with marinara sauce and some kind of pasta
Meal 3
  • 2 Double Cheeseburgers
  • French Fries
Meal 4
  • 6 whole eggs
  • .5 pound of taco seasoned ground beef
  • Cheese/lettuce/tomatoes/taco sauce
  • Combine all of this and make egg/meat burrito
If I include a shake this shyt checks out at like 5000+ calories. Gonna be tough but I think I can do it brehs. Good luck OP. Link to program:

Building the Monolith - 5/3/1 for Size

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
6'2"
162lbs

I'm trying to finally put on some fukking muscle. Going to go with Jim Wendlers' program that has you eating like crazy and also working out like crazy.

Here's part of the diet plan. Probably gonna add a protein meal replacement shake in there with some PB&J sandwiches. Also gonna toss in some avocados, nuts, and fruits to snack while I'm at it too. Might swap on the cheeseburger and fries on occasion. Also got whole milk that I'm probably gonna swap out with Silk Vanilla/Chocolate Nutmilk.

Meal 1
  • 8 whole eggs
  • 4 pieces bacon
  • 4 pieces toast
  • 2 bananas
Meal 2
Meal 3
  • 2 Double Cheeseburgers
  • French Fries
Meal 4
  • 6 whole eggs
If I include a shake this shyt checks out at like 5000+ calories. Gonna be tough but I think I can do it brehs. Good luck OP. Link to program:

You are wasting your time and health here man. You don’t need or can remotely utilize 5Kof food per day. Estimates for the Rock when he’s training for a movie are 4K

Last edited:

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
You are wasting your time and health here man. You don’t need or can remotely utilize 5Kof food per day. Estimates for the Rock when he’s training for a movie are 4K

The Rock is already massive though pretty sure he eats a lot anyway. People who have done the 6 week run of this always reported good results.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
The Rock is already massive though pretty sure he eats a lot anyway. People who have done the 6 week run of this always reported good results.
Ask yourself these questions:

• The site you linked said the meal program was a sample. It doesn’t factor information about you specifically
  • Have you ever tracked calories to know what you have historical eaten relative to trying to eat 5K cals a day?
  • Have the people who have done the program reported eating 5K calories specifically?
It’s your call but give some thought to the fact that you are basing your cal intake on a sample program that suggest eating 1K more cals than an actor, who likely uses anabolics and gets paid to train.

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
Ask yourself these questions:

• The site you linked said the meal program was a sample. It doesn’t factor information about you specifically
  • Have you ever tracked calories to know what you have historical eaten relative to trying to eat 5K cals a day?
  • Have the people who have done the program reported eating 5K calories specifically?
It’s your call but give some thought to the fact that you are basing your cal intake on a sample program that suggest eating 1K more cals than an actor, who likely uses anabolics and gets paid to train.

I could always swap out some of the stuff with other meals I make myself. I have definitely tried eating more in the past and I think the highest I got to was 175 before dropping again :damn:.

People tell me "hardgainers" or people with "fast metabolisms," while partially true, are really just myths and simply not eating enough. I have seen methods online for putting on mass efficiently and I definitely wasn't gonna touch the gallon of milk a day thing so I thought following a template like was more reasonable.

If you have foods that are rich in nutrition and calorie dense I'd be glad to adapt that. The beauty about things like eggs are I can just toss them in an Instapot and have boiled eggs in mere seconds. Same with calorie dense things like peanut butter and shakes are a given. I just rather not waste time having to waffle over what I want to eat as I'm on a tight schedule working around 10hr days.

I'm not expecting to be the first human to cheat thermodynamics but I just want something that's easy and works for me. Bout to cop that Costco membership and buy some shyt in bulk.:jbhmm:

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
6'2"
162lbs

Meal 1
  • 8 whole eggs
  • 4 pieces bacon
  • 4 pieces toast
  • 2 bananas
Meal 2
Meal 3
  • 2 Double Cheeseburgers
  • French Fries
Meal 4
  • 6 whole eggs

My God, y'all be eating like this? :picard:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
6'2"
162lbs

Meal 1
  • 8 whole eggs
  • 4 pieces bacon
  • 4 pieces toast
  • 2 bananas
Meal 2
Meal 3
  • 2 Double Cheeseburgers
  • French Fries
Meal 4
  • 6 whole eggs

Breh...all them eggs ain't good for your arteries.

I say skip a lot of the eggs and go for more calorie dense foods like peanuts and almonds. Better for your heart and it has have protein + fiber.

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
Breh...all them eggs ain't good for your arteries.

I say skip a lot of the eggs and go for more calorie dense foods like peanuts and almonds. Better for your heart and it has have protein + fiber.

I got a shake that will be nutrient packed so I'll probably do that for breakfast.

I'm hearing though that the whole cholesterol egg thing has been debunked. It's worth a Google but I'll play it safe for now.

I'm gonna look up some vegan bulking so I can find someway to eat clean.

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
My shake is around 3000 cal

1 serving of chocolate or vanilla mass gainer - 1330 cal
1/2 cup honey roasted peanuts - 380 cal
90 ml of extra virgin oil - 720 cal
2 cups of oatmeal - 600 cal
and 3.5 - 4 cups of water depending on the viscosity I want

Easy to tweak and easy to consume to me
Holy fukk. Oils are ridiculous.

I think Olive oil happens to be the one veggie oil that's good for you.

☃ ೋ

Superstar
Daps
I couldnt afford to eat like some of yall in here, thats alot of money spent a month.

To the people that wanna drink milk but cant cause of lactose, well there is lactose free milk, it taste the exact same as regular milk, has the same amount of proteins per cup, same calories. I drink it all the time.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
6'2"
162lbs

Meal 1
  • 8 whole eggs
  • 4 pieces bacon
  • 4 pieces toast
  • 2 bananas
Meal 2
Meal 3
  • 2 Double Cheeseburgers
  • French Fries
Meal 4
  • 6 whole eggs

The fukk kind bro diet is this??

:russ:

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
Vegan Bodybuilding Meal Plan for Bulking & Cutting - 2019 Guide

Breakfast - Tofu Scramble with Sourdough Bread
  • Tofu - 200 g
  • Sourdough Bread - large slice (96 g)
  • Red pepper - 164 g
  • Kale - 100 g
=547.4 kcal: 37.9 g protein, 14.3 g fat, 72.9 g carbs

Lunch - Beans, Sweet Potato, Broccoli and Avocado
  • Black beans - 170 g
  • Sweet potato - 400 g
  • Broccoli - 300 g
  • Avocado - 100 g
  • Calorie-free spices, herbs and condiments
=856.8 kcal: 29.5 g protein, 17.9 g fat, 155.5 g carbs

Pre/Post Workout Snack - Protein Smoothie
  • Bananas - 2 medium sized (236 g)
  • Frozen berries - 200 g
  • Ground flax seeds - 2 tbsp (14 g)
  • Soy milk - 300 ml
  • Pea protein powder - 28 g
=663.2 kcal: 43.4 g protein, 16.8 g fat, 92.4 g carbs.

Dinner - Butternut Lentil Curry with Quinoa

• Red lentils - 100 g (dry uncooked weight)
  • Quinoa - 100 g (dry uncooked weight)
  • Butternut squash - 300 g
  • Cashew nuts - 30 g
1011.9 kcal: 46.2 g protein, 21.7 g fat, 167.8 g carbs.

Grand total of:

3079 kcal with 157.0 g protein, 70.7 g fat, 488.5 g carbs.

Or 18 % protein, 20% fat and 62 % carbs.

Found something a healthier lol and a lot of the foods I kind of already have. Will tweak some of the recipes with meat I like but this sounds good. Gonna measure my own shyt though and try to hit at least 3000 to 3500 calories a day.

Thanks for the advice y'all. Remember, no need to come after brehs a certain type of way. We all start from somewhere and us beginners are always looking for ways to improve and are listening.

Last edited:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
^^^
I don’t think people are coming after you so much but a lot of times the same people that post a plan or question immediately respond back to justify what they are doing (even though they aren’t really sure) when people generally try to help.

I think everyone here actually wants to help but a lot of times is the same questions or people ask a very open ended question and they battle back against pretty common advice :manny:

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
^^^
I don’t think people are coming after you so much but a lot of times the same people that post a plan or question immediately respond back to justify what they are doing (even though they aren’t really sure) when people generally try to help.

I think everyone here actually wants to help but a lot of times is the same questions or people ask a very open ended question and they battle back against pretty common advice :manny:

Understandable.

I'm not afraid of being wrong so I'm always open to advice and suggested. Didn't mean to come off like I had it figured out.

Just know that it comes from a place of frustration and ridiculously slow results. Nonetheless, I appreciate it. :salute:.

Gonna be hitting up Fit-Coli some more.