Trying to Maintain 3000 Calories a Day

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Where did you get 3K cals from? That seems like an overreach.

What is your training like?
I've used a few different online calculators and measurements:

My general non-workout activity is maybe 3-4 miles of walking a day, depending on the day of the week.

I try to get to the gym at least 4 days a week; a warm-up mile run; and then, switching off between arms/shoulders/chest, and core/legs depending on the week. Maybe 1.5 hours of actual work.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

My general non-workout activity is maybe 3-4 miles of walking a day, depending on the day of the week.

I try to get to the gym at least 4 days a week; a warm-up mile run; and then, switching off between arms/shoulders/chest, and core/legs depending on the week. Maybe 1.5 hours of actual work.
Honestly that volume as it reads may not dictate 3K. Seems aggressive on the surface.

BruhMayne

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My shake is around 3000 cal

1 serving of chocolate or vanilla mass gainer - 1330 cal
1/2 cup honey roasted peanuts - 380 cal
90 ml of extra virgin oil - 720 cal
2 cups of oatmeal - 600 cal
and 3.5 - 4 cups of water depending on the viscosity I want

Easy to tweak and easy to consume to me

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where did you get 3K cals from? That seems like an overreach.

What is your training like?
How much surplus should you do when trying to bulk up? I heard 10-20% more than Maintenance. Whoever said you got to get dirty with the snack might be in to somethingZ I got a clean diet goin on in my diet during my surplus and feels like maintenance. Like the scale will show weight gain and then after a few days it’s back down.

I ain’t mad though, it’s a good problem for me but I’m trying to get toned too

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
How much surplus should you do when trying to bulk up? I heard 10-20% more than Maintenance. Whoever said you got to get dirty with the snack might be in to somethingZ I got a clean diet goin on in my diet during my surplus and feels like maintenance. Like the scale will show weight gain and then after a few days it’s back down.

I ain’t mad though, it’s a good problem for me but I’m trying to get toned too
Rant:

1. There isn’t a set answer because there are a lot of variables. We would have to know a lot about you (or anyone) to really give a non-shyt against the wall answer. At worst start at 10% and monitor progress.
  2. Muscle gain with minimal with fat gain and without anabolics is slow AF.
  3. Like I was mentioning to the OP, you gotta make sure your training matches the energy level you are adding. If you are doing lowish volume a 3-4 times a week then I don’t know that a big surplus is really needed. Quality protein servings across the day (4-5) is probably more important immediately.
  4. I don’t think you have to get stupid dirty but good luck trying to bulk on chicken breast, sweet potatoes and broccoli. I think it would be easier for people to look at the week of calories than per day especially hard gainers. For example M-F is cleaner and the weekend is looser which makes cals easier.
  5. I hate the clean/dirty mind set but whatever. Like people think clean and they go too “clean” and they think dirty and go too “dirty”
End Rant

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Op, do you like meat?

:dame:

Try to eat a pound of bbq chicken breast every day. Sheeit, at 135 you could probably get away with drinking soda too

Kyle C. Barker

Daps
I also highly recommend getting a fitbit with a heart rate monitor so you can get a better idea of how many cals youre actually burning

Kyle C. Barker

Daps

Steady state cardio like running will be a detriment to your bulking goals. Switch to hiit

Kyle C. Barker

Daps
And be patient. It's gonna take a year to see results. You are also training your nervous system too

Kyle C. Barker

Daps
That soda isn’t helping him at all. It’s worthless empty calories.

It'll be a quick source of energy for the gym. But yeah it depends on when he drinks it and how intense his workouts are.

But overall maybe he should use fruits as a way to spike his glycemic index instead.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Op, do you like meat?

:dame:

Try to eat a pound of bbq chicken breast every day. Sheeit, at 135 you could probably get away with drinking soda too
That soda isn’t helping him at all. It’s worthless empty calories.