Trying to Maintain 3000 Calories a Day

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
It'll be a quick source of energy for the gym. But yeah it depends on when he drinks it and how intense his workouts are.

But overall maybe he should use fruits as a way to spike his glycemic index instead.

Ehhhh, it’s just not a good idea. It’s almost nothing about soda where you should add it to your diet as a building block.

No offense but that’s just not a good suggestion.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Ehhhh, it’s just not a good idea. It’s almost nothing about soda where you should add it to your diet as a building block.

No offense but that’s just not a good suggestion.

I'll fall back on it because it isn't something I would do but the kid is a buck 35.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I'll fall back on it because it isn't something I would do but the kid is a buck 35.
Doesn’t matter. Can’t throw out overall health and practicality for gains. Pretty much any type of liquid cals of that nature are providing enough of a benefit to be part of his (or anybody’s) nutrition.

I’m all for flexibility but this is like a hard no. Even the most bro YT guys drink diet soda at a maximum.

ReadOneBookAWeek

Smoking on a Cac Pack
Daps
1. Minimize/Eliminate all habits/consumption that will throw you off. Caffeine, Alcohol,Smoking,Overrtraining

2.i went from 165-205 eating just like you are and ended up putting on extra body fat because my cardio/plyo game wasn't intense enough. I had to cleanse myself back down to 180 and try diff "cleaner's meals. Got back up to 200 but I'm 6'1 and lean

3. Going up to 225 now and I want it to be clean high protein bulk so I'm eating mostly avocados, lentils, beans, quinoa, greens, herbs, sweet potatoes. Going to try eating olive/coconut oil too since calorie sense as well. All cheap, available in bulk and easy to cook. Just look up the calories per 1 cup of lentils+1 cup of beans+1 cup of quinoa. Alot of protein and clean carbs.

I just copped 100lbs of flax seed, 50lbs of chia, 50 lbs steel cut oats , 50 lbs sesame seed, 3lbs pumpkin seed, 7lbs quinoa, 2lb lentils + 10lbs or more of dried herbs.

Got enough clean food to feed the block for a week.

Slamming an avocado smoothie now and getting ready to make my lentil/quinoa/bean salads for lunch/dinner. Will post with portions later

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
I'm 5'7" and at about 135 right now. I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks, but it fluctuates if I'm not consistently forcing myself to eat.

I don't eat junk food if it makes me feel like shyt, but I'll definitely add something in.
You do not need to eat 3K calories at your weight/height.

Take your time and find out how many calories you actually need to eat.

Try 2500 for a month...and see if your lifts go up while doing so.

Lifts going up? Keep eating 2500 calories
Lifts stalling? Add 200 more calories and see if your lifts go up again.

Rinse and repeat.

im 6'1 175 and my maintenance is about 2500 calories...so no way in hell you need 3K to bulk.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You do not need to eat 3K calories at your weight/height.

Take your time and find out how many calories you actually need to eat.

Try 2500 for a month...and see if your lifts go up while doing so.

Lifts going up? Keep eating 2500 calories
Lifts stalling? Add 200 more calories and see if your lifts go up again.

Rinse and repeat.

im 6'1 175 and my maintenance is about 2500 calories...so no way in hell you need 3K to bulk.
I’ve been eating 2500 calories per day for years :russ:
I played football, baseball (13 years) ran track, cross country, soccer, etc.

My metabolism is out of control, and the amount of physical exercise I do outside of the gym is burning some calories.

You may be right though.
I’ll keep at it, but this 5-6 miles a day of walking will probably do something to these attempted gains :hhh:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

My metabolism is out of control, and the amount of physical exercise I do outside of the gym is burning some calories.

You may be right though.
I’ll keep at it, but this 5-6 miles a day of walking will probably do something to these attempted gains :hhh:
Two different things in regards to supporting your athletics and trying to build muscle. Also were you truly tracking calories for that many years?

His bigger point is to build up and make sure that’s what you need. That’s the smarter move.

Reading back are you not hitting upper body and lower body at least two days a week every week?

Last edited:

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet

You may be right though.
well, if youre that active its a bit different.

Still...track your calories.
People lie to themselves about how much they eat...
fat people underestimate, skinny people overestimate.

If you dont like the 5 meal a day thing...eat a few meals w/ a ton of calories.
Thats personally how I like to eat (especially if I smoke at night).

A hamburger w/ 85/15 beef can easily be around 800+ calories.
Half a frozen Home Run Inn Pizza is like 1200 calories (watch the sodium).

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm 5'7" and at about 135 right now. I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks, but it fluctuates if I'm not consistently forcing myself to eat.

I don't eat junk food if it makes me feel like shyt, but I'll definitely add something in.
i read the thread title "3000 calories" :dahell:

then saw you weigh 135

yeah eat more breh. i weighed 135 in the 5th grade

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
At your height and weight you don’t need that many calories fam.

Slow and steady wins the race