Trying to Maintain 3000 Calories a Day

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Still trying to work through it, but I'm busy as hell most of the time, and the medication I take suppressed appetite, making it even harder.

I'm trying to bulk up, and I've been going to the gym fairly regularly (I've seen some growth already, but that's to be expected as I've been pretty small for my entire life).

I'm thinking of grabbing some weight-gain powder next time I hit the store again, and see if I can try and sneak in a few extra calories, but here's what I ate on Sunday:

Breakfast
5 whole eggs, scrambled (butter, salt, pepper)
3 apple chicken sausages
2 pieces of toast, w/ tbsp crunchy peanut butter, tbsp grape jelly
1 glass of OJ, 1 glass of water

Snack
1 banana, 2 cups water

Lunch
Shake Shack - Chicken Shack, Fries, Beer, Water

Snack
Banana

Dinner:
1 large chicken breast
2 large sweet potatoes
1 cup brown rice
2 cups water

Late Snack:
Cup lactose free yogurt

This is the most I'll tend to eat in a day, And this is only around 2400 calories in a day, and I'm pushing it.

Anyone have some solid methods?
I'm also on a budget (the Shake Shack was just because I was out).

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Whats your height/weight and where are you trying to get to?

Sadly you're prob not gonna put on much weight with all healthy foods. Gonna have to get dirty with the snacks :demonic:
I'm 5'7" and at about 135 right now. I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks, but it fluctuates if I'm not consistently forcing myself to eat.

I don't eat junk food if it makes me feel like shyt, but I'll definitely add something in.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well one easy way to gain quickly is to drink your calories. You can pack a lot of calories into a smoothie.
I used to do that before, I might go that route.
Issue is: I also don't want to have to blow $30 on smoothie ingredients every week, when I'd get more out of eating the foods.

Its a push and pull thing with me, honestly.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I used to do that before, I might go that route.
Issue is: I also don't want to have to blow $30 on smoothie ingredients every week, when I'd get more out of eating the foods.

Its a push and pull thing with me, honestly.

It's going to way more difficult to eat a lot of those foods, compared to drinking them in smoothie form breh, but it's your preference really. :manny:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The smoothies don't have to be healthy. Whole milk base, protein powder, maltodextrin powder, peanut butter and some fruit + sugar for flavor. You can probably squeeze 700-800kcal into 8-12oz.
I'll try it out next week for sure: I also can't do whole milk, I'm lactose intolerant.
Otherwise I'd be chugging 2-3 glasses everyday just to add in the calories :wow:
This ^^^
Almond Butter on the sweet potatoes.....

Also lower sugar cereal and whole milk.......
Can't do whole milk. I'll definitely start adding more to the sweet potatoes though.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I'll try it out next week for sure: I also can't do whole milk, I'm lactose intolerant.
Otherwise I'd be chugging 2-3 glasses everyday just to add in the calories :wow:

Can't do whole milk. I'll definitely start adding more to the sweet potatoes though.
Where did you get 3K cals from? That seems like an overreach.

What is your training like?