Trumps current approval rating in each state

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
Most people are only programmed for general presidential elections. Local and state elections always fly under the radar unless it's some national headlines surrounding it.
scott walker's race was very nationalized and high profile, yet he won his recall election and reelection... in any event, dems need to address this.... this is where republicans are really clobbering the left..... the right wing almost completely runs the states... this allows gerrymandering and voter suppression which leads to the congress, senate, and potus being controlled by the gop ... which then leads to the scotus being controlled by the gop.... if the dems don't start paying attention down ballet and getting their base involved, they will become institutionally a dinosaur party... reps play dirty and don't care how they win... dems pop bottles of champagne and brag about low approval ratings among rep politicians... reps don't care if the people don't approve of them, they just want to implement their policies regardless... dems better wake up....

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Something that would also help the Dems in state races is to get a good general election nominee that will excite the base. The top-ballot always affects the bottom-ballot.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
this whole we need a candidate to excite the base is why the democrats will lose and continue to lose until that mentality changes. the only thing that should be exciting you to vote for a democrat is the thought of a republican winning. the opposite emotion is all the republicans need to get excited and has served them well from a winning races perspective.

presidential election year: "oh yes i'm excited by presidential candidate X."
mid-term election year: "is president X on the ballot? nah? fukk it then."

Last edited:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
this whole we need a candidate to excite the base is why the democrats will lose and continue to lose until that mentality changes. the only thing that should be exciting you to vote for a democrat is the thought of a republican winning. the opposite emotion is all the republicans need to get excited and has served them well from a winning races perspective.

presidential election year: "oh yes i'm excited by presidential candidate X."
mid-term election year: "is president X on the ballot? nah? fukk it then."
I agree with this in terms of states and countries that could go either way...but in super left and super right areas, it doesn't even matter