Trump wore Silk Pajamas and Old Spice

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
21 minutes ago
Ryan Grenoble

Trump Blames Judge For Defense Argument His Lawyers Didn’t Want To Make​

Trump this morning complained several times that his legal team wasn’t allowed to make an “advice-of-counsel” defense. The argument holds that Trump was merely following the advice of his legal team at the time, and he can’t be held liable for following their bad counsel.

While Trump’s blaming Judge Merchan for not permitting his team to make the argument, the truth is that his legal team made the decision not to attempt it. In pre-trial filings dug up by Courthouse News reporter Erik Uebelacker, the defense specifically said they “did not intend to assert a formal advice-of-counsel defense.”

Had they attempted it, Trump would have had to waive attorney-client privilege — thereby allowing all sorts of other (presumably unsavory) evidence to be admitted.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-trial-live-updates_n_66548b01e4b0f5ad559787e0/liveblog_66574cb9e4b0169dc759005c

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
In for updates.

:sas1:

Inshallah, I think a lot of Trump fans who haven't been paying attention to this case are in for a rude awakening.
ZFGdgN1.png

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Trump trial live updates: Trump says 'Mother Teresa could not beat these charges' as jury deliberates​

Trump says he doesn't 'even know what the charges are'​

As the jury continues its deliberations, Donald Trump posted on his social media platform in all caps that "I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE CHARGES ARE IN THIS RIGGED CASE."

"I AM ENTITLED TO SPECIFICITY JUST LIKE ANYONE ELSE," he wrote.

The post comes after Trump watched Judge Merchan spend over an hour instructing the jury on the law and specific charges in the case, including each of the 34 counts that the former president faces for falsifying business records in order to hide a hush money payment to boost his prospects in the 2016 election.

May 29, 12:29 PM​

Trump says 'Mother Teresa could not beat these charges'​

"Mother Teresa could not beat these charges," former President Trump told reporters as he exited the courtroom following Judge Merchan's jury instructions.

"We'll see how we do," Trump said as the jury began its deliberations. "It's a very disgraceful situation."

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps

Trump trial live updates: Trump says 'Mother Teresa could not beat these charges' as jury deliberates​

Trump says he doesn't 'even know what the charges are'​

As the jury continues its deliberations, Donald Trump posted on his social media platform in all caps that "I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE CHARGES ARE IN THIS RIGGED CASE."

"I AM ENTITLED TO SPECIFICITY JUST LIKE ANYONE ELSE," he wrote.

The post comes after Trump watched Judge Merchan spend over an hour instructing the jury on the law and specific charges in the case, including each of the 34 counts that the former president faces for falsifying business records in order to hide a hush money payment to boost his prospects in the 2016 election.

May 29, 12:29 PM​

Trump says 'Mother Teresa could not beat these charges'​

"Mother Teresa could not beat these charges," former President Trump told reporters as he exited the courtroom following Judge Merchan's jury instructions.

"We'll see how we do," Trump said as the jury began its deliberations. "It's a very disgraceful situation."

Trump posted on his social media platform in all caps that "I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE CHARGES ARE IN THIS RIGGED CASE."

Can we get this bullshytter out of here already

:dead:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
37 minutes ago
Sara Boboltz

Jurors Request To Hear Parts Of Testimony Again​

With Trump, his attorneys and the prosecutors back in their seats, Merchan addressed the room.

The jurors had four requests. They wanted to hear several parts of David Pecker’s testimony again — the part where he spoke to Trump during an investor meeting, the part where he talked about Karen McDougal’s life rights and the part where he talked about the 2015 Trump Tower meeting where he agreed to use his magazines to give Trump’s campaign a boost. They also wanted to hear the part of Michael Cohen’s testimony where he spoke about that 2015 meeting.

As the prosecution’s first witness, it’s been well over a month since jurors heard from Pecker.

Merchan left the room to allow the attorneys time to figure out which portions of the transcripts should be read.

The investor meeting the jurors referenced seemingly refers to a mid-2016 presentation Pecker said he was giving in New Jersey when he received a call from Trump. He said he took the call, and the pair discussed McDougal’s interest in selling her story her alleged yearlong affair with Trump. Pecker said he recommended that Trump buy the story to lock it down, but he did not want to.

Pecker recalled Trump telling him, “I don’t buy stories. Anytime you do anything like this, it always gets out.” They agreed to reconnect later, Pecker said.

Pecker’s American Media Inc. ended up paying for McDougal’s story, forking over $150,000. Pecker testified that he almost went through with a deal to transfer the life rights to Cohen and Trump, but it fell through.
https://www.huffpost.com/author/sara-boboltz

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
2 minutes ago
Sara Boboltz

The Jury Sends Another Note!​

The jury’s buzzer rang a second time in the courtroom.

In a note, they said they would like to rehear the judge’s instructions. Recall that the full instructions took over an hour to read; Merchan said he would ask whether they needed the entire thing recited.

We also have an update on the testimony they want read back — it is around 30 pages long.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Trump has to been shytting big orange turds about right now, because David Pecker and Hope Hicks had the most damaging testimony against him. Pecker actually out the whole scheme and Trump's lawyer did not dispute anything that Pecker said.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
3 minutes ago
Sara Boboltz

Trump Is Confused, Apparently​

It was a bit difficult to follow the charging instructions, even for reporters in the courtroom. Also confused was the defendant.

Shortly before we broke for lunch, Trump wrote on Truth Social: "I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE CHARGES ARE IN THIS RIGGED CASE—I AM ENTITLED TO SPECIFICITY JUST LIKE ANYONE ELSE. THERE IS NO CRIME!"