Trump The Felon vs Biden The Wanderer Round 1: Official 2024 Presidential Debate Thread 6/27 (Live on Tubi)

Who winning/won the debate

• Donald Trump

Votes: 83 46.9%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 94 53.1%

• Total voters

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
Whos the genius on Bidens team that said its good to have a debate? The more you put Biden infront of voters the less they want to vote for him. The more you put trump infront of voters the more they want to vote for him.....its simple.

But dudes gonna blame black men when trump is back in Office when the dems totally fumbled this.

UnQuantized

Superstar
Daps
Anderson Cooper interviewing Kamala Harris. Harris doesn't get it, she thinks the criticism on Biden is about style:francis:Cooper looks worried:francis:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Everybody who is saying Biden should step down doesn't realize it's too late for that...

Neither Trump nor Biden can step down at this point because the consensus among most voters is already locked in between the two of them.

Stepping down this late (yes July is late) in the election season would essentially be like forfeiting, with that said I don't think Biden did as bad as the news stations and supposedly the Dems are making it seem.

Seems like he didn't say what many were expecting him to say so for therefore the good stuff he did say seems not to matter but it's not like Trump was out there doing any better outside of playing into the “they out to get me” and his usual MAGA rhetoric at an arguably worse and more desperate pace compared to his 2016 and 2020 debates.
We been knowing both are washed

UnQuantized

Superstar
Daps
"The President was not able to make his case" "He was a very different person from who he was 4 years ago"

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Damnit what we missing?
she basically side stepping CNN questions

they ask her about Biden, but she redirects the answer to Trump. Shes trying to avoid talking about Bidens performance and just basically juelzing up there right now

example: while I typed this, they just asked about her about how she felt about Biden performance tonight, and she immediately starts talking about how important the vote in November is :dwillhuh:

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i don't believe the needle will be moved at all by this.

if your vote was hinging on these old fogies arguing with eachother, you might genuinely be retarded.

that being said, this was a terrible look for biden. might have been better off with zero debates. hopefully it doesn't hurt too much.

:patrice:
It doesn't move the needle for people whose minds were already made up. But these people won't decide the election. Independents and low information voters will

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I expected CNN to give them a little leeway but they are going in like Fox, Anderson grilling the hell out of Kamala lmao. Don't think she would agree to go on if this is what she expected
That the plan :mjpls:
CNN is in flux. It has a new owner, and a new boss, who promises to remake the news channel and has told employees to be prepared for “a time of change.”

Most of those changes have yet to manifest. But one of the first ones — canceling its long-running Reliable Sources show and pushing out anchor Brian Stelter — has already unsettled some CNN employees and viewers.

But the bigger question floating over one of the world’s largest and most important news organizations is why it’s changing. Is it because the CEO of Warner Bros. Discovery, its new owner, wants an overhaul? Or is it at the behest of a conservative billionaire investor in the company who sits on its board?

That billionaire is John Malone, a legend in the cable TV business and one who has deep and longstanding ties with David Zaslav, the CEO of WBD. People close to both men insist that Zaslav is remaking CNN because he wants to for both business and editorial reasons, and not because Malone has told him to.

But complicating that narrative is the fact that Malone has repeatedly wished, in public, for CNN to remake itself. And his prescription happens to sync with the new CNN agenda: a plan to steer the channel away from what Malone and others call a liberal bias they say muddles opinion and news. And to shift it toward a supposedly centrist, just-the-facts bent.

“I would like to see CNN evolve”
In November 2021, Malone sat down for an hour-long interview with CNBC, where he held forth on the state of the pay TV business — where he made his $10 billion fortune — and plenty of other topics.

One of them was CNN — at the time, owned by AT&T, but scheduled to become part of WBD, a company that Malone would own a piece of along with a seat on its board. Malone waved away one bit of recurring speculation — that WBD would want to sell CNN — and then offered some programming advice for the new company:

“I would like to see CNN evolve back to the kind of journalism that it started with, and actually have journalists, which would be unique and refreshing,” he said. Then he suggested a model: “Fox News, in my opinion, has followed an interesting trajectory of trying to have ‘news’ news, I mean some actual journalism, embedded in a program schedule of all opinions.”

Malone’s comments didn’t resonate much beyond a couple of places: At Fox News, which responded with glee, and inside CNN, where they sounded alarm bells.

Those bells started ringing again last week when the company pushed CNN media reporter Brian Stelter out of his job. As I’ve reported, some people in and outside CNN believed there was a direct through line between Malone’s perspective on CNN and Stelter’s departure. The theory: Stelter, a frequent critic of Fox News, was let go either at Malone’s direct urging or by managers who wanted to please the investor.

That theory is hotly contested by employees and executives at CNN, WBD, and Liberty Media, Malone’s holding company. “It’s not in keeping with John’s character or style that he would be doing that,” says Liberty CEO Greg Maffei.

There’s also a middle ground between the two arguments: Malone meant what he said but didn’t think he was meddling with his soon-to-be property.

“I don’t think John would think it legitimate for him to give specific direction on coverage or personnel. But I don’t think he would restrain himself from saying what he thinks on overall content. And he probably wouldn’t view his comments as revealing a bias,” says former Time Warner CEO Jeff Bewkes, who’s known Malone since the late 1970s.

What we do know: Malone made his comments in November. In February, Zaslav announced he was hiring TV producer Chris Licht to run CNN and then the organization promptly began messaging its plans to “push CNN back to hard news, and away from red-hot liberal opining.” And now one of the faces most often critiqued by CNN’s right-wing competitor Fox News is out of a job.