Trump straight styling on the haters already :blessed:

Daps
700 jobs and an increase in MSRP.
:ohlawd:

Nah, but seriously this a good start. I'm just really concerned about how "Made in USA" will affect street price of goods.

Not gonna happen. The MSRP would increase if a car was imported under Trumps plan. That's why manufacturers are now gonna stay local. They're now incentivized to in order to avoid big taxes. They'll save $ here and that will be passed along to the consumer.

No company would do this if it was a greater expense than importing. That's the point.

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
You mean the 90's, when that fakkit Billy Clampitt signed NAFTA and began gutting manufacturing and destroying the economic backbone of this country.

Trump is bringing that back, and you're mad about it:mjlol:

I was born in 1992 you fukking cuck. :bryan:

and you're right, he's gonna bringing back all those manufacturing jobs :bryan:

Because those same corporations that outsourced their plants and factories are totally gonna pay their employees a livable wage and abide by the various checks and balances set in place by Federal regulations and insure a work safe in environment for their employees .:bryan:

I mean it's not's like Apple didn't give shyt about the surge in work place suicides :bryan: Get fukked.

wastedmermaid

Superstar
Daps
Lol yall keep talking bout some "only" 700 jobs. Breh that's several hundred people who can now have the chance to help themselves and their familys. It may not technically be alot when you think about the overall population but its a start. Mind you trump isn't even officially in office yet.

Oh and yall neeed to stop with this its only 9 bucks and hr bs too. First of all its probably around 15hr which to alot of people is decent money. Its not like these factories are gonna be in Beverly Hills or the upper east side of Manhattan either. Probably somewere in the Midwest were 15hr goes a long way.

I feel like some of yall just wanna see this man fail. Like it or not for the next 4 years he's the face of this country and holds a decent amount of power for the time. So if he fail, Most of us stand to loose alot too.

Daps
IT WAS ALREADY PLANNED. THE 700 JOBS CREATED ARE REALLY ABOUT 300 LIKE YOU SAID. THE OTHER JOBS CREATED WILL BE FILLED BY CURRENT FORD OR FORD CONTRACT EMPLOYEES. THEY DON'T TELL YOU ABOUT THE JOBS THAT WERE CANCELED AND REFORMED.

:snoop:

Do you even read? They were going to build a $1.2 BILLION plant in Mexico. They are now building a $700 MILLION plant in suffering ass Michigan.

Now before even getting into the manufacturing aspect, let's look at that fact. A $700 million facility itself sparks 100s if not 1000,s of jobs just based off that construction alone.

That money cycles through the communities, then they build more etc. That aspect alone is huge, not even discussing the 700 jobs that will now be in the US that would have been in Mexico.

Y'all just mad and making up stuff cuz you can't bare to see positives cuz your brainwash won't let you.

Daps
Cutting the corporate tax rate and making it harder for importers to do business here is going to increase jobs.

However, who's gonna pay for this? It's the American tax payer. If corporations pay less taxes, somebody has to cover it, unless we just want to rack up more debt.

There's a delicate balance in free trade, tariffs, national debt, corporate and income taxes. Most politicians communicate this and make proposals on trying to keep this balance.

But a politician that thrives off of misinformed uneducated folks, he's just gonna promote his agenda of what he's doing to "bring back the jobs" (even though he realizes that balance still has to be maintained)

He's merely increasing import taxes. Ford and other manufacturers were able to go to Mexico, get dirt cheap labor, and then import back into the US at VIRTUALLY NO COST.

So now he ups that tax to say 35%, all the sudden that cheap labor is more expensive than the tax benefit.

Tax payers aren't footing the bill for anything here, his tax is an import tax increase, not a corporate tax decrease. You got it twisted.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
:snoop:

Do you even read? They were going to build a $1.2 BILLION plant in Mexico. They are now building a $700 MILLION plant in suffering ass Michigan.

Now before even getting into the manufacturing aspect, let's look at that fact. A $700 million facility itself sparks 100s if not 1000,s of jobs just based off that construction alone.

That money cycles through the communities, then they build more etc. That aspect alone is huge, not even discussing the 700 jobs that will now be in the US that would have been in Mexico.

Y'all just mad and making up stuff cuz you can't bare to see positives cuz your brainwash won't let you.

They are expanding a plant for autonomous car R&D, they arent bring back manufacturing jobs. They probably prioritized one set of goals over another, they are still pumping out the cars in mexico.

It's s good headlinea catcher and maybe trump did steer them to changing priorities but this isn't them deciding to bring manufacturing jobs from Mexico to the US. This is about them reprioritizing investment dollars... and watch them still to the billion dollar investment in Mexico once the air cools

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Receipts.

Trump claimed 1000 jobs in Detroit and that turned into a lot less and only temporary. Then he turned around and claimed credit for a big Christmas shopping season that was predicted in September. He's already lied and taken credit for jobs and factory moves he had zero to do with.

Presidents dont fukk around with pocket change. They try to shift the whole economy. Yeah, it's good for you if your job doesn't relocate but we're talking about fractions of a fraction of a percent even IF he wasn't lying.

Daps
I hope Trump does well because thats our president for at least the next 4 years

700 jobs isnt a lot tho. Its a start ill give him that. But 700 jobs would probably only "boost" a small town I would think, let alone MAGA

You don't think taking 700 struggling families and turning them into making 60k+ a year in a relatively meager city isn't a big deal? It's a very big deal my friend. That's planting a major seed for growth.

This is one of several that is already happening and he hasn't even took office yet.

I'm glad you hope for the best at least, we all need him to do his best, like it or not he's at the helm.

I voted Obama in 08 but not in 12 cuz I saw his policies and promises didn't match. I still hoped he would do the right thing (and he did on a few ocassions) but never rooted for him to fail. I may have lost faith in him, but his failures ultimately hurt us too.

Daps
Update

Ford CEO: Main reason for canceling Mexico plant was market demand, not Trump

Ford CEO: Main reason for canceling Mexico plant was market demand, not Trump

:mjlol: Think this authoritative fascist has your best interest at heart.

@Yesterday
:mjlol:

Yeah that's why this is one of several instances of this happening DRASTICALLY since the election, a day AFTER Trump tweets an ultimatum to GM, and SHORTLY after he met with the Ford execs THIS MORNING.

KEEP TELLING YOURSELF THAT.

That's political posturing cuz the CEO doesn't want to seem like Trump is pulling the auto industries ho card.

Daps
I was born in 1992 you fukking cuck. :bryan:

and you're right, he's gonna bringing back all those manufacturing jobs :bryan:

Because those same corporations that outsourced their plants and factories are totally gonna pay their employees a livable wage and abide by the various checks and balances set in place by Federal regulations and insure a work safe in environment for their employees .:bryan:

I mean it's not's like Apple didn't give shyt about the surge in work place suicides :bryan: Get fukked.

Yeah that makes you a millienial, you young dipshyt. What was your major again and where are you going to school? Clearly not business related (or maybe just a shythole school, or maybe you're flunking out), cuz your response demonstrates you're not grasping what I'm saying at all. I've been in business for 15 years grasshopper, humble yourself and maybe you'll learn something.

You're too good for $10/hour? How much student debt do you have?