Trump snaps on NBC reporter at press conference :dahell:

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I will be in the minority in here, but I agree with Trump on that snap.

These reporters want you to answer questions about the virus at this time, but also try to get you in a 'gotcha' answer during the press conference. Reporters make me sick sometimes.
I see a trump supporter over here. Fucck u

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Thats not what I said. I am coming at this looking at reporters. As in all the questions at that time were about the new plans, and that he answered that question earlier in the conference. Just like when reporters ask athletes about things that dont have to do with their game, the specific press conference. At that point of the conference, he is getting out the info about what they were trying to do. I get it though. Its Trump, so fukk him and I agree. We will just go with that.

My question to you is this: WHy the first thing in your mind is to side with Trump ?

charknicks

All Star
Daps
Yeah... there's a bit of misrepresentation and carry over between the question, the treatment thing mentioned, and the framing of each.

Trump brought up some things yesterday to lead into nationally introducing more lenient standards regarding Right to Try and Compassionate Use (which is horrifying in its own way but I think people do a shytty job at knowing what to panic about). Bringing up a specific drug or treatment possibility and its 'relative safety' isn't the same as it being called a cure. Fauci and Trump bump heads all the time regarding managing expectations. The doctor is obviously going to be extra quick dead shyt like that because he knows how it sounds...

Fast forward to today and its suddenly a wonder drug - that's kinda BS. SO what I'm getting at is is: Trump flipped on dude for where the conversation was going, not for the question.

These daily press conferences are generally depressing and hilarious at the same time. :ehh: It'd be solid reality TV if the stakes weren't so horrifying.

The bolded is what I am getting at. Thanks for saying it better then I did. He was trying to stay on topic for once, and the reporter was trying to go left. Its akin to when you are arguing with your lady and she brings up other shyt, you will flip cause the convo is on one topic. I am just saying for a short time span, the president was on topic, and dude was going left. And for that specific question, there isnt much that can be said. People dont want talk. They want action right now. Time for talk is over.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
I will be in the minority in here, but I agree with Trump on that snap.

These reporters want you to answer questions about the virus at this time, but also try to get you in a 'gotcha' answer during the press conference. Reporters make me sick sometimes.

:childplease:

Child, please....

In reality that was a legitimate yet softball question...

could of just hit “well I understand that folks are scared, this is a very serious virus...but we’ve put in place a number of measures to help folks get through this crisis...we’ll be providing financial assistance to families, were working to ensure that states have adequate testing equipment, we’re quarantining and encouraging working from home...this is a tough time, but we are Americans and we’ll get through this together” just some shyt like that instead of throwing a ho fit

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The thing is that by the time somebody runs for or holds the job of POTUS, they've held national or high local positions / office before and are adept at answering questions from reporters.
Can't expect reporters to change their line of questioning for the guy whose first political happens to be the presidency.
Any other president would have been asked that question in this situation. Trump should used that question as an opportunity to reassure the American people that we will pull through.

...yep but instead he panicked and threw a public tantrum...no composure whatsoever smh

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
The bolded is what I am getting at. Thanks for saying it better then I did. He was trying to stay on topic for once, and the reporter was trying to go left. Its akin to when you are arguing with your lady and she brings up other shyt, you will flip cause the convo is on one topic. I am just saying for a short time span, the president was on topic, and dude was going left. And for that specific question, there isnt much that can be said. People dont want talk. They want action right now. Time for talk is over.
A press conference isn't a script that reporters have to stick to

When they get their shot to ask a question, it's not their job to ask a follow up question to what potus just talking about

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
...yep but instead he panicked and threw a public tantrum...no composure whatsoever smh
yeah, he is still the leader of the country

there's a current thread here reminding dudes to keep their game face on for their wife and kids during this rough period
(no matter how scared or anxious they might be)

President is supposed to be doing that for the people.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:childplease:

Child, please....

In reality that was a legitimate yet softball question...

could of just hit “well I understand that folks are scared, this is a very serious virus...but we’ve put in place a numbers of measures to help folks get through this crisis...we’ll be providing financial assistance to families, were working to ensure that states have adequate testing equipment, were quarantining and encouraging working from home...this is a tough time, but we are Americans and we’ll get through this together” just some shyt like that instead of throwing a ho fit

The reporter had to know that was coming. Trump isn't the type of person to put a political spin on shyt and say what the public needs to hear. Obama probably would have said something like that, and maybe it helped ease tensions and fear...or maybe not.

Trump on the other hand doesn't have the capacity or compassion to say something like that. But at the same time, we all know its bad and its going to get worse. We are fukked and any answer other than that is a lie.