Trump snaps on NBC reporter at press conference :dahell:

charknicks

All Star
Daps
This was due to Trump hyping up a bullshyt cure in previous press conferences. There's no gotcha here.

Cool. Again, I can just be reacting to a soundbite, which is a problem as well. So I apologize. My point is more so reporters and their questions overall moreso then this specific instance. Overall, of course Trump deserves to get raked over the coals.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I will be in the minority in here, but I agree with Trump on that snap.

These reporters want you to answer questions about the virus at this time, but also try to get you in a 'gotcha' answer during the press conference. Reporters make me sick sometimes.

It was a legit question dumbass

Even Pence answered it correctly telling the American people to be vigilant

:camby:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps

These reporters want you to answer questions about the virus at this time, but also try to get you in a 'gotcha' answer during the press conference. Reporters make me sick sometimes.

If Trump wasn't such a garbage human being, I would sympathize. I get where he was coming from :yeshrug:. But fukk him

Daps
Reppin
St louis
qOSAigU.gif

dumb don ya'll

UKVu0t8.gif

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps

How is what do you say to the American people who are scared a gotcha question .....he the fukking president :mindblown:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Cool. Again, I can just be reacting to a soundbite, which is a problem as well. So I apologize. My point is more so reporters and their questions overall moreso then this specific instance. Overall, of course Trump deserves to get raked over the coals.
Yeah... there's a bit of misrepresentation and carry over between the question, the treatment thing mentioned, and the framing of each.

Trump brought up some things yesterday to lead into nationally introducing more lenient standards regarding Right to Try and Compassionate Use (which is horrifying in its own way but I think people do a shytty job at knowing what to panic about). Bringing up a specific drug or treatment possibility and its 'relative safety' isn't the same as it being called a cure. Fauci and Trump bump heads all the time regarding managing expectations. The doctor is obviously going to be extra quick dead shyt like that because he knows how it sounds...

Fast forward to today and its suddenly a wonder drug - that's kinda BS. SO what I'm getting at is is: Trump flipped on dude for where the conversation was going, not for the question.

These daily press conferences are generally depressing and hilarious at the same time. :ehh: It'd be solid reality TV if the stakes weren't so horrifying.

charknicks

All Star
Daps
How is what do you say to the American people who are scared a gotcha question .....he the fukking president :mindblown:

Thats not what I said. I am coming at this looking at reporters. As in all the questions at that time were about the new plans, and that he answered that question earlier in the conference. Just like when reporters ask athletes about things that dont have to do with their game, the specific press conference. At that point of the conference, he is getting out the info about what they were trying to do. I get it though. Its Trump, so fukk him and I agree. We will just go with that.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

The thing is that by the time somebody runs for or holds the job of POTUS, they've held national or high local positions / office before and are adept at answering questions from reporters.
Can't expect reporters to change their line of questioning for the guy whose first political office happens to be the presidency.
Any other president would have been asked that question in this situation. Trump should used that question as an opportunity to reassure the American people that we will pull through.

Last edited:

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Nah, didnt say the question wasnt fair. Im saying the 'hope' part was also in the answer. He said lets try this drug, this method. Im saying reporters stay trying to ask questions off topic. Just like the Asian reporter who was trying to get out the 'kung flu' question but got cut off 2-3 times in there. Im also not saying reporters dont have a right to get mad and take offense.
Also, chill with the STFU via message. Thats cool. Have an adult convo.

Have you looked at the death toll and infected cases ? Have you ? Trump misled the American public and now he wanna backtrack on a drug he said was gonna be the cure.