Trump May Sign Executive Order to Help HBCUs. Why couldn't Obama? 2/06

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
So let's take it point by point:

I don't think we should waste finding on low preforming universities because I don't think they offer a good ROI for the students. As such I think it's better to help improve average or or slightly above average institutions reach a higher level since many of those schools educate the majority of students.

Similarly, I feel the same way with regards to HBCUs. The ones that are constant low performers offering a terrible ROI should be let to fail and we should stop sending our children there. They do our students no good and they bring down the overall stigma of HBCUs where people either view them as a "safety net" for underperformers or don't think HBCUs can offer a great education that provides for their students and pushes them into the workforce.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So... Trump possibly helping HBCUs means what, exactly? That he's an ally for black people?

This is how racist leaders work. They throw a few bones to the people most likely to be negatively impacted by their actions.

Dude has a verified white supremacist as his closest adviser. His AG is also a confirmed racist. He refers to black people like we all live in inner city hellholes.

I could go on and on but the point is that yeah, him helping out HBCUs would be great, but it doesn't undo the other negative bullshyt that him and his people have in store. He is not our ally.

Last edited:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
My issue with this Trump plan is that it looks like lip service.

The event, which was attended only by Black Trump surrogates from his administration and election campaign, turned to HBCU's after a mention of how the schools fared under President Barack Obama. Omarosa Manigault, who was named director of communications for the Office of the Public Liaison last month, will be leading the charge.

If Trump were serious about the advancement of blacks why is he only focused on HBCUs? :patrice:

Why is the meeting only filled with Black Trump surrogates and campaign staff? :patrice:

Why is It not handed to an educator to lead this task? :jbhmm:

Why not press for legislation that's binding and can't be overturned by the next president? :jbhmm:

Why not recognize that your campaign is largely out of touch with what black voters want and invite them to be a part of this team crafting EOs? :jbhmm:

Why isn't there anything related to black students in general. Not all black students go to HBCUs.:jbhmm:

He says his motivation is how hurt he feels HBCUs are because of Obama. Interesting, I've never heard him mention this before? :jbhmm:

I guess we will see what comes of it, but I'll remain skeptical. But at this moment it seems he's playing lip service and saying, "hey black people fix your black problems.":jbhmm:

:Jordanmaga: ?

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
So... Trump possibly throwing helping HBCUs means what, exactly? That he's an ally for black people?

This is how racist leaders work. They throw a few bones to the people most likely to be negatively impacted by their actions.

Dude has a verified white supremacist as his closest adviser. His AG is also a confirmed racist. He refers to black people like we all live in inner city hellholes.

I could go on and on but the point is that yeah, him helping out HBCUs would be great, but it doesn't undo the other negative bullshyt that him and his people have in store. He is not our ally.
Get ready for a bloody spring / summer of bs when the weather changes.

Daps
Because Obama was a bytch who's failed legacy is one that black folks still try to hang onto. Also because he was never really put in place TO help anybody. All he sold was false hope and dreams.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Because Obama was a bytch who's failed legacy is one that black folks still try to hang onto. Also because he was never really put in place TO help anybody. All he sold was false hope and dreams.

So how exactly did you expect Obama to help you (assuming you are black) ?

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

Daps

That's just it. I DIDN'T expect him to help me, or any of the black community. Im just going off the sentiment of a lot of blacks who were, or currently are that are still on the democratic plantation.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
That's just it. I DIDN'T expect him to help me, or any of the black community. Im just going off the sentiment of a lot of blacks who were, or currently are that are still on the democratic plantation.

Fair.

Until republicans by and large support more progressive policies you shouldn't expect democrats to vote any other way.

Daps
As a black man who was in school during Obama, joined the workforce, and is doing pretty well I can say that my experience does not relate to the above statement. Therefore, I can tell that the black population was not hurt under obama because of Obama.

If you really want to delve into educational issues there are both federal and state issues. The important of which happened here in NC where busing was considered to be unconstitutional, states have been able to gerrymander local schooling districts only giving funds out based on the taxes the communities in that pay, and now a decade later we see what happens when you have an entire generation of students brought up through poorly funded schools.

I have no idea why you and the others are trying to block Trump from helping out HBCUs. You admit that there are many that are failing, why try to prevent him from helping those schools not fail? You do know that damn near every university in the USA receives money from the government, right? How is HBCUs receiving what every other university receives asking for a handout? You have no idea what is in the executive order so also have no idea that he is just going to throw funding at those universities. It has the probably of being way more comprehensive than that, so I have no idea why you are bashing something before it even materializes.

Last edited:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I have no idea why you and the others are trying to block Trump from helping out HBCUs. You admit that there are many that are failing, why try to prevent him from helping those schools not fail? You do know that damn near every university in the USA receives money from the government, right? How is HBCUs receiving what every other university receives asking for a handout? You have no idea what is in the executive order so also have no idea that he is just going to throw funding at those universities. It has the probably of being way more comprehensive than that, so I have no idea why you are bashing something before it even materializes.
The federal government has always provided money to HBCU in modern times.

One of the largest blockers however for HBCUs has been the state.

My point is that you're addressing is it's stupid for someone to take a hypothetical executive order that may or may not happen as an excuse to bash what has or hasn't happened under Obama.

The reasoning is short sighted and idiotic.

I have said several times what I'd like to see and anything short of that I view as a waste of resources.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
You're caping for someone who has appointed a secretary of education who wants to make the cost of education more expensive.

Why do you believe this administration is going to implement comprehensive reform that's going to help blacks?

What good are hbcus if we're robbing and destroying the public education system?

College is only beneficial if you are prepared for it.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
:patrice: Or maybe he just wants to help HBCU's? I don't feel like posting it but I saw an article where Obama wouldn't even sit down with HBCU presidents and Trump either did or is about to

It's clearly a political move to building a bridge between us and Trump-but let's stop pretending a lot of HBCU's don't need help, and badly too.

And will you smart-dumb negroes stop asking "how does this help?" Are we REALLY asking how better colleges for black youth is a good thing?! Is that where we are?! :what:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
She talks about how stupid Democratic Blacks are being about not willing to work with Trump on Black issues while Republican Blacks are trying swing Trump to do some good for Black people.She basically says if MLK was willing to work with LBJ...Democrats can work with Trump.

Then she talks about how Black Africans like Obama and Issa Rae exploit African American culture...

Those are the two main topics...
:dwillhuh: Both Obama & Issa Rae are Americans though. They were born & raised in the U.S.