Trump just put in a rush order to execute 4 more Black folk before inauguration day

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
Ice Cube is the WOAT. This is the dude he went to break bread with, talking about "keeping his options open".

:pacspit: that nicca.

It's your G-Day, so I'll look the other way as you talk slick about Uncle Cube. Just for today though.
:sas1:

Ahmen

Live as if BLM
Daps
I disagree.

My ignorance was that your post did not provide enough information, thus my inquiry for the consternation.

There are currently 54 people on federal death row: 24 Black men, 21 White men, seven Latinos, one Asian and one White woman, according to the Death Penalty Information Center. Of the eight who have been executed so far this year, six were White men and two were Black men - all of whom were executed without protest.

The pending executions are;
Brandon Bernard, a Black man, was 18 when he, Christopher Vialva and others were convicted for the 1999 murder of a pair of youth ministers in Texas. Vialva, who was 19 at the time of the crime, was executed in September after exhausting his appeals. Bernard's last request for a stay of execution to the Supreme Court was denied last Thursday. He's scheduled to die on December 10 and will be the youngest person in nearly 70 years whom the US will execute for a crime committed while a teenager.
Alfred Bourgeois, a Black man, was sentenced to death by a Texas jury for abusing, torturing and ultimately beating his daughter to death in 2002. Bourgeois' attorney Victor Abreu said in a statement on Friday that his client is scheduled to be executed on December 11. After the Supreme Court ruled that another death row inmate cannot be executed because of his intellectual disability, Abreu is seeking to have Bourgeois' case reheard to produce similar evidence.
Lisa Montgomery is the first and only woman scheduled to be federally executed in nearly 70 years. Montgomery, a White woman who was convicted in 2004 for killing a pregnant woman, cutting the baby out and passing it off as her own, was granted a stay on her execution until December 31 due to her attorneys' coronavirus diagnosis, and it is now set for January 12. The Trump administration has rejected Montgomery's request for a reprieve.
• Corey Johnson, a Black man, is scheduled for execution on January 14 for killing seven people in 1992 as a part of a drug trade in Virginia. Johnson's attorneys Ronald J. Tabak and Donald P. Salzman argue that no jury heard evidence to rule on his intellectual disability. According to Johnson's attorneys, he has an IQ of 69, which would be lower than one standard offered by the Supreme Court as a guide for states weighing whether such an execution met the Constitution's cruel and unusual punishment standards. Johnson's co-defendant was spared a life sentence due to his own intellectual disability.
• The federal government is expected to execute Dustin Higgs, a Black man who was sentenced to death "despite not killing anyone," his attorney Shawn Nolan said in a statement after the Justice Department's announcement on Friday. Higgs' co-defendant and the convicted triggerman received life without parole for the 1996 killings of three women in Maryland. Higgs was convicted under a theory that even though he hadn't pulled the trigger he had ordered the killings, his attorney said. One of the co-defendants testified that Higgs did order the shootings.

For those keeping score, since 1973, 172 people who had been sentenced to death in state court were found to have been wrongfully convicted, according to the Death Penalty Information Center, a national nonprofit that has tracked and studied death penalty cases across the country for 30 years.

No federal death row inmates have been found to have been wrongfully convicted.

To be truly informed, I think victim statements would be in order, but since that won't happen, I'll leave it at this.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This lame duck scum is really going to use his last days of executive office to murder black folks, troll on Twitter and play at a coup. :dry: corrupt racist trash to the very end

@The Amerikkkan Idol dont got no paragraphs for this one

@BigRemy_J get your boy

It's not the wickedness of the act that strikes me as much as the sheer ignorance of the fukking idiots who try to justify it, by pointing at what democrats did.

There are some times where you just need to stop the bullshyt and call out evil for what it is.

Tump is an evil fukker. If he had his way America would be North Korea.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
For those keeping score, since 1973, 172 people who had been sentenced to death in state court were found to have been wrongfully convicted, according to the Death Penalty Information Center, a national nonprofit that has tracked and studied death penalty cases across the country for 30 years.

No federal death row inmates have been found to have been wrongfully convicted.

To be truly informed, I think victim statements would be in order, but since that won't happen, I'll leave it at this.
just want a make quick correction on your last point, because of the implication it carries.
State courts have reversed convictions of death row inmates 172
Federal has done so zero times.
I word it like that because the way you said makes it seem like Federal court would have reversed some but none of their inmates have actually been innocent. That could be true, or it could just mean that Federal court is less likely to overturn a wrongful conviction of an innocent person. just showing that two different conclusions can be made with that data.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t believe in the death penalty, but can I see the charges before I say anything :unimpressed:

If there’s rape or murdering women and children on there :unimpressed:

Ahmen

Live as if BLM
Daps
just want a make quick correction on your last point, because of the implication it carries.
I word it like that because the way you said makes it seem like Federal court would have reversed some but none of their inmates have actually been innocent. That could be true, or it could just mean that Federal court is less likely to overturn a wrongful conviction of an innocent person. just showing that two different conclusions can be made with that data.
Understood.
That would be about 2% of the total.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
That’s my cousin:pachaha:
tenor.gif

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
And what human being is in a rush to get some executions in before you dip? Even if the people on the list had it coming that would be so low on my priority list if I had an entire country to lead.
Quick to pardon cac crooks but wants to execute black folk expeditiously. But he cutting the platinum plan check so ADOS folk avoiding this this like they do eye contact with an attractive woman :coffee: