Trump IMPEACHED by the US House; US Senate Trial Allows No New Witnesses & Acquits Trump

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
what L is she taking?

The Republicans have the votes to set rules for the trial with no input at all from Dems. All the "moderate" Republicans got on board.

As much as I'm for Trump being impeached, the actual trial is going to be a complete shytshow :scust:

I might not even bother watching it.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
The Republicans have the votes to set rules for the trial with no input at all from Dems. All the "moderate" Republicans got on board.

As much as I'm for Trump being impeached, the actual trial is going to be a complete shytshow :scust:
That’s not taking an L it’s exposing how corrupt the senate GOP is... again how is she taking an L?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
what L is she taking?
Her move to hold the articles was rendered worthless because they have the votes to not allow any new evidence. The trial is already over. When she turns the articles over it's dead in the water.
That’s not taking an L it’s exposing how corrupt the senate GOP is... again how is she taking an L?
Maybe when historians look back on it but at the moment nobody holds the Republicans or Trump accountable for anything.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Her move to hold the articles was rendered worthless because they have the votes to not allow any new evidence. The trial is already over. When she turns the articles over it's dead in the water.
They always had the majority that’s not the issue... Thr fact that try voting to move forward without the articles shows their inherent corruption.. Its not making Pelosi look bad.. again when the gop had the majority before 2018 and was doing fukk shyt the voters say it and rightfully spanked them in 2018, the senate gop will get spanked the same way in November

And her move to hold the articles was predicated on McConnell coming out and saying he’s working lock step with the White House...

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They always had the majority that’s not the issue... Thr fact that try voting to move forward without the articles shows their inherent corruption.. Its not making Pelosi look bad.. again when the gop had the majority before 2018 and was doing fukk shyt the voters say it and rightfully spanked them in 2018, the senate gop will get spanked the same way in November

And her move to hold the articles was predicated on McConnell coming out and saying he’s working lock step with the White House...
Nobody that wasn't already on her side seems to care. We all know how corrupt this is. The evidence is overwhelming in her favor and yet it means nothing. Trump supporters will let him do anything and not care. Republicans value the control he gives them and support him. Many independents don't like the fighting and aren't directly impacted by what he did so they don't care. Democrats were already against him.

Seems like she should have just turned the articles over and let the inevitable happen.

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

@ryanstruyk
MANCHIN: "How do you expect me, as a juror, to make a decision and to be able to vote one way or the other if I don't have witnesses? ... I can't see how anybody, Democrat or Republican, cannot vote to have John Bolton testify."
10:08 - 8 Jan 2020
@ryanstruyk
· 27m
Replying to @ryanstruyk
QUESTION: "So if you don't hear from John Bolton, it will not be a fair trial?"

MANCHIN: "I don't see how it can be."

Ryan Struyk

@ryanstruyk
CAMEROTA: "Do you think that Nancy Pelosi should withhold the articles of impeachment until she's guaranteed that there will be witnesses?"

MANCHIN: "I don't think, no, not now... I think it's time to turn the articles over and let's see where the Senate can take it."
10:10 - 8 Jan 2020

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

She can't even get the Republicans to pretend to have a legitimate trial.

I don't know how November will go, but as far as the impeachment goes it's an L.

"I don't think this is fair."

"Do you think the Dems should do anything about it?"

"No..."

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this was the most :flabbynsick: impeachment this country has ever seen. that's the perception of it :dead:

their only play is to say "we're not giving the impeachment articles to the house unless they agree to hear from these witnesses". and that's not even how the constitution works, the house doesnt get to tell the senate how to run their trial :heh:

i never wanted them to do this unless they got trump's taxes, and i knew that was the fukkin right call. impeaching him on his behavior was never gonna go anywhere

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
@awprokop
Several Senate Ds now saying Pelosi should send the articles of impeachment over — Murphy, Manchin, Blumenthal, Feinstein

ENxluTDWkAA6aLn
ENxlu6TX0AA5Mkk
ENxlvzlW4AI2ymW
ENxlwiIW4AE7sdW

12:12 - 8 Jan 2020

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If I was Pelosi I re-open the inquiry and expand it to include Emoluments or the next scandal this goofy muthafukka finds himself in.. Embarrass this nicca again.
Re-open it for what? The outcome is always the same. This dies in the Senate. The only way it wouldn't is if the general public demanded a fair trial and after all that's come out its clear that's not going to happen.

These are all symbolic actions. They will never amount to more than that.

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Re-open it for what? The outcome is always the same. This dies in the Senate. The only way it wouldn't is if the general public demanded a fair trial and after all that's come out its clear that's not going to happen.

These are all symbolic actions. They will never amount to more than that.
I dont think you get it.. ill help you out.. youre right its purely symbolic but its about getting Republicans on the record almost as much as it is about removing Trump especially with elections coming.. you get them to commit to protecting a corrupt treasonous president, the optics won't play well to help those Republicans who are drowning in the polls. This is more so galvanizing and fortifying the blue wave which absolutely crushed Republicans the past two years.