Trump IMPEACHED by the US House; US Senate Trial Allows No New Witnesses & Acquits Trump

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
You cant be this damn dumb. If anything this give his supporters more fuel to the fire to reelect this fool in 2020.

This is what got him elected in the first place.

Im convinced all yall nikkas is just plain stupid in this thread.

non educated nikkas dont have no common sense

yall celebrating shyt that dont mean shyt for this guy. If this was any other president then yea you would have a case. but this is not any normal president and we are not in a state or timeline of any normal presidency.

shyt yall think would effect him doesnt. Half yall thought hillary would win but didnt and was suprised this fool got elected. Nothing suprises me anymore with this dude .yet yall seem to think this impeachment will do something to him and his base

like i said during the election. this dude can punch a baby in broad daylight in timesquare and people would still vote for him.
Wrong.

He absolutely does care about impeachment and has said as much on tape about it being absolutely horrible for both Bush and Obama.

That doesn’t mean he won’t continue to fight, but say that it doesn’t effect him personally is bullshyt. This is a historically bad moment for him and he knows it.

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
What that means is that the President cannot pardon federal officers who are being Impeached by the Congress. A pardon does not cancel or override an Impeachment process.

I did not say a pardon overrides or cancels an impeachment. What I explained in my example is that none of the three presidents who were impeached were pardoned. Where does it say a impeached president CAN pardon himself aganist crimes he commits? He's not being removed so are you saying he can pardon himself? The only muddy issue here is the OLC ruling says a sitting president cant be indicted, a rule that came AFTER the constitution. So let's say he loses in 2020 before leaving office he can say I pardon myself for any and all crimes I could be indicted for? No he cant because his pardon power doesnt extend to state level. So other than you own opinion, what legal writing have you read that says he can do this. A link to it is fine.