Trump IMPEACHED by the US House; US Senate Trial Allows No New Witnesses & Acquits Trump

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
That the issue with a narrow set of impeachment articles. I've been having doubts myself because I don't know that the average voter cares this much about foreign policy and this is a wonky policy issue.
That’s not the problem.

it’s like when your team commits a penalty and you think it’s overblown or bias. But let it happen against your team and it’s the right call or the refs are bias for not calling it.

The Republicans have no outward need to fix corruption in their own party cause they don’t have any reason to. Just putting their friends in government or federal jobs(ironic considering Hunter Biden accusations) is all they care about.

Until their Southern firewall starts to fail. Or at least Florida and Texas.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I stopped following Seth Abramson a while ago because he started to resemble a lot of the same analyzing Trump for profit accounts that sprung up. But this is an interesting analysis of Trump's impeachment defense, it is much more viable than we expect. I think Seth is on to something:

THREAD

That’s a terrible defense.

The only way it would hold weight is to call the people in Trump’s inner circle or Trump to make it known what his state of mind was. Once they are on the stand the Dems would cross-examine them into oblivion.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
That’s a terrible defense.

The only way it would hold weight is to call the people in Trump’s inner circle or Trump to make it known what his state of mind was. Once they are on the stand the Dems would cross-examine them into oblivion.
That would be the point, because there is no real evidence to support either position - just like now with the whole, none of the witnesses have met or heard from the president directly defense. Everyone who is not looking to protect Trump knows that is not how witness testimony works.

They're not interested in rebutting the Democrats charges, truth or some version of it, their defense is about what the D's can prove and if they can direct the narrative to something ambiguous as his state of mind there is no tangible proof that can be provided.

That is why Abramson is suggesting that they start dismantling that narrative in the media ahead of time to prevent it from being an option.

Last edited:

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
I stopped following Seth Abramson a while ago because he started to resemble a lot of the same analyzing Trump for profit accounts that sprung up. But this is an interesting analysis of Trump's impeachment defense, it is much more viable than we expect. I think Seth is on to something:

THREAD

:dead:I wasted my time reading this shyt. Isn’t that what they are already doing?:mjlol: Nunes and the gop lawyer was doing this shyt at the hearing. Dude acting like he discovered some secret shyt.:russ:

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

NEW — House Intel Committee possesses video, audio recordings from Giuliani associate. Story w/ @Santucci & @AllisonMPecorin https://abcn.ws/35sTGXY
Material submitted includes audio, video & photos that include Giuliani & Trump. Unclear what the content depicts & committees began accessing material last week. Parnas attorney declined to confirm but said his client "has vociferously and publicly asserted his wish to comply" https://twitter.com/Santucci/status/1198732314785861632 …