Trump IMPEACHED by the US House; US Senate Trial Allows No New Witnesses & Acquits Trump

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Yeah, I did. It's in my initial post about this. I said do triple and quadruple checks and make sure he has receipts. Otherwise don't use his testimony.
But his lawyer is putting it out there.. That means his client got evidence.. a lawyer ain’t going to put his rep out on the line for a client if they don’t have any securing documentation as leverage lol..

You already know he gave the goods up to SDNY.. remember that case is being handled by the public corruption unit

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Shoulda gone with a Biden/Beto ticket. People snicker about that but we'd have Democrats and Moderates sowed up and could go on about our business.
That's a terrible ticket for a host of reasons. Starting with Biden is going to be a mediocre president and Beto isn't ready for the big stage. Also there needs to be some type of diversity (female, minority, etc.) on the ticket to appeal to progressives while you try to elect someone who can do 8 years.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Not only are Democrats trending upward with a ever expanding base by HISTORIC numbers as seen in the mid terms but the Republican base has retracted substantially and they arent gaining new voters. Anyone thinking the Republicans or Trump will win in 2020 is simply naive. Democrats should use the impeachment hearings as a cudgel to repeatedly expose and weaken the GOP well into the summer of 2020. The majority of the populace know the Republicans are corrupt liars now make that perception undeniable. Anything else saying different has no idea what they are talking about and are only interested in obfuscation and misdirection.

Nah, thinking they have it in the bag is part of what led to 2016. It's not a mistake Dems should repeat. Midterms aren't a good predictor of the next general election (see 2010/2012).

Trump will probably lose the popular vote by even more but could easily win again electorally. The Dem base may be growing, but the way Dem voters are distributed geographically is inefficient since they're mostly bunched up in urban areas. Sure everybody knows Trump and Republicans are corrupt, but a large plurality of voters don't care as long as he's antagonistic towards minorities and immigrants. As terrible as Trump is he's still an incumbent president and Dems need to assume they're the underdogs and try to turn out all the voters they can.

I completely agree about impeachment though, they should drag out the hearings as long as possible to maximize outrage when the Senate exonerates him.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
That's why you don't use their testimony without credible evidence backing it up, dumbass.
You've never faced trial. :unimpressed:

fukk it, let's do it.

You said he's not credible because he's a liar. I simply pointed out that isn't the litmus test for credibility in most cases.

The suggestion that there isn'tothrr credible evudeiis at odds with what we know about these cases.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I don't see many old white men (you know, the group that actually votes) voting Warren or Sanders. They would vote Biden. That progressive shyt scares a lot of them. Which is why I think Biden has an easier chance to win those states than the others.

Anyway, I hate when people go off topic in threads so I don't want to keep discussing off topic stuff in here. I'd rather go to the other thread.

You can’t be sure he won’t win those rust belt states again, especially WI.

A Dem could pick up a southern state or 2 though and that could be the real game changer. GA and FL will both have an influx of new black voters, or NC, or even TX. If Bernie is the nominee especially he has a chance of flipping TX. It’s a long shot but he’s been beating Trump in some recent polls there cause he has crazy hispanic support.

The last time all three of those states voted for a Republican before Trump was in 1988 for Bush Sr. Between him and Trump all three of those states voted for a Democratic President. I agree about Warren most likely not sweeping all three but Bernie probably would (disclaimer I'm not voting for Bernie in the primary). In 2016 Bernie took Michigan and Wisconsin from Hillary, and I'm pretty confident they'd go for him over Trump. Again, if Hillary wasn't lazy and complacent in 2016, we'd be loving the fukkery of a 2020 Republican primary to go against President Clinton instead of what we have now.

As far as southern states, realistically the only ones I see potentially flipping are NC and maybe Florida. Georgia and Texas are getting there but it probably won't be until 2024 at the earliest no matter who winds up being the Dem nominee.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
:russ:

Like this wouldn't help you and the GOP right now? fukking idiot.
That Rudy post is just mindbogglingly stupid...

Dude clearly hints at blackmailing the POTUS on live television and then tries to flip that into "I was talking about evidence" on Biden...

Any evidence on the Bidens at the moment would help both him and his client who is facing impeachment...

Why the fukk would that be in a safe for a rainy day right now???? He clearly doesn't have the brain cells to think of this shyt through...