Trump changes black history month to "National African American History Month"

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black history money is about black history in AMERICA. If people want to know what blacks accomplished in america pre slavery then bring that up with the so called scholars. Once again folks are caught in symbolism.

i understand why they try to limit it to that, i just dont agree...you say bring it up with scholars, yet we dont have to do that when learning about white history from all over the world....they have no problem spending time on that....if you non-white though, naw....we'll only talk about that at certain times, and limit it to when you came to america....in our (blacks) case: they try to make it seem like we dont have history until slavery started, which is bullshyt....

not caught up on symbolism, just dont agree....

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
i understand why they try to limit it to that, i just dont agree...you say bring it up with scholars, yet we dont have to do that when learning about white history from all over the world....they have no problem spending time on that....if you non-white though, naw....we'll only talk about that at certain times, and limit it to when you came to america....in our (blacks) case: they try to make it seem like we dont have history until slavery started, which is bullshyt....

not caught up on symbolism, just dont agree....

I dont care what white people do, its not white peoples place to teach blacks who they are. This month is purely empty symbolism. It would be better to focus on creating black institutions to teach black people about their own history in detail to care about empty symbolism crumbs from your oppresor.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont care what white people do, its not white peoples place to teach blacks who they are. This month is purely empty symbolism. It would be better to focus on creating black institutions to teach black people about their own history in detail to care about empty symbolism crumbs from your oppresor.

ok, i never said anything to the contrary

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
This is good and bad.
It's good because it's literally OUR month only.
It's bad because foreignbrehs will have hurt feelings. Yes, it's divisive...but fukk it.
(I don't really like the AA label because America hates us...I don't wanna be married to the hate)

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
This is good and bad.
It's bad because foreignbrehs will have hurt feelings. Yes, it's divisive...but fukk it.
(I don't really like the AA label because America hates us...I don't wanna be married to the hate)

Outside of maybe carribean cats I dont think anyone really cares. From the perspective of "being mad".

Sindicated

Knowledge is the Greatest gift
Daps
Reppin
opus dei
DONALD TRUMP: I'VE 86'D BLACK HISTORY MONTH! It's Now African American History Month

2/2/2017 9:41 AM PST

EXCLUSIVE DETAILS
0202-donald-trump-white-house-tmz-getty-6.jpg
Donald Trump has changed Black History Month to National African American History month, and we know why.

A senior administration official tells TMZ, after meeting with African American leaders, he believed the consensus was that the term "black" is outdated, and the more appropriate way to refer to the community is "African American."

The official added, Trump was mindful of the new addition to the Smithsonian ... the National Museum of African American History and Culture.

Every U.S. president since 1976 had designated February as Black History Month ... same sentiment, different name.

Edit: Here is his proclamation.

0202-black-history-african-american-history-month-letter-8.jpg

Wonder what other terms will be outdated under Trump? :jbhmm:

"Slave" is so old-school. We prefer to call them unpaid interns :troll:

MLK day? I prefer Don King day :troll:
Well i was expecting him to ban it all together are change it to American History Month:troll:

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
There is nothing to be considerate about. Only AAs can fix their internal issues, its not my business so i can careless about dicussing it, its not for me to fix. Lol it aint immigrants on tv sh*tting on AAs, its other AAs. Black immigrants are irrelevant to AA success in America because their numbers are tiny. At the end of the day im not an immigrant but im also not in a state where there is debate on my ancestry or how i want to be defined. Black folks around the world all got issues, at the end of the day folks need to fix their ish and then focus on building.

My concern is for blacks as a whole, once again if you aint here to talk about building then you have nothing to talk to me about as far as black people are concerned.

AA's cant talk about building on some type of diasporic scale until they fix their internal issues. Is what im saying. So as far as AA's are concerned how are you expecting us, or who are you expecting to build with? In this context

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
This is good and bad.
:yeshrug:

because they're selfish. Facts

Remo

Pro
Daps
that's what it's turned to, but that doesnt mean people have to accept that...

i thought otherwise cause black people existed long before we were slaves here, meaning we have history outside of this country...

not fussing, just stating my opinions....
Our ethnic group didn't exist before slavery. That why's it's focused on the descendants of those slaves and their achievements in America.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
AA's cant talk about building on some type of diasporic scale until they fix their internal issues. Is what im saying. So as far as AA's are concerned how are you expecting us, or who are you expecting to build with? In this context

I expect nothing from nobody. Let me make something clear, I care nothing about saving every black person because every black person does not want to be saved. There are c00ns in every black ethnic group on this planet, those c00ns serve the black collective no purpose. My goal is not to fix any ethnic group, my goal is to work with black people who want to build something to defend us against and ultimately end white supremacy. Your goal is trying to fix the AA Community so you go ahead and do that. I respect and honor what my ancestral parents, aunts, uncles, and cousins have done around this world and i also look at their history and have learned to never let c00ns sit at the table thus my goal is not to "save all black people".

In America black immigrants are literally non factors so how they always come up beats me. The detrimental c00ns that are being paraded around America are all AAs which solidifies and proves the fact that c00ns have no ethnicity, a c00n is a c00n. So you can have fun with the "us vs them" battle you want to do as it releates to AAs vs other Blacks but that has nothing to do with me thus you can have that convo with someone else.

Why black people get offended when someone states they are being slutted out around the world is none of my concern.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Our ethnic group didn't exist before slavery. That why's it's focused on the descendants of those slaves and their achievements in America.

actually, we did....black people existed and have history before slavery....that's why i dont agree with the title that's trying to limit that history....

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

Which is why i dont see why people are arguing anout this lol. The month was created to bring light to the accomplishments of AAs. Talking about what a black person in Mali did has nothing to do with AA history. If you want to have a black history month that is fine but then you would still only be focusing on the history of blacks of all ethnicites in America. Either way I can careless about what way we go because regardless blacks still need to be focusing on building.