Trump blames video games for shootings

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How the fukk can you claim society has been desensitized to violence when this exists.

americas-last-public-hanging.jpg

:stopitslime:

If anything people are more sensitive to violence right now. That’s why we’re talking about it so much.

You need to say less :ufdup:
:russell:

I wasn't even going to entertain your counter argument, but here we are...
That image you shared is so minuscule to how accessible viewing violence is in present day. We can see people killed and dead bodies in the comfort of our own homes. It's all documented, it's all broadcasted, it's all a finger click away. And on top of that, it can be seen nationwide, discussed, joked about and the likes in the comment section of whatever platform it was posted on.

People aren't more sensitive to violence now, more people are numb to it because it's become the 'norm' in this country. Who's surprised when some cac goes and kills innocent people anymore? It's a reality that we all should have in mind whenever we go out in public now.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:russell:

I wasn't even going to entertain your counter argument, but here we are...
That image you shared is so minuscule to how accessible viewing violence is in present day. We can see people killed and dead bodies in the comfort of our own homes. It's all documented, it's all broadcasted, it's all a finger click away. And on top of that, it can be seen nationwide, discussed, joked about and the likes in the comment section of whatever platform it was posted on.
These are two different points you are trying to conflate.

First you said “society is less sensitive to violence”

Now you wanna change that to “violence is more accessible”

Nobody argued that the internet doesn’t give access to violent images. What people have argued is that you can’t turn that into saying the internet/violent images are responsible for these recent mass shootings.

That’s that dumb shyt and a deflection from current and historical reality.

People aren't more sensitive to violence now, more people are numb to it because it's become the 'norm' in this country. Who's surprised when some cac goes and kills innocent people anymore? It's a reality that we all should have in mind whenever we go out in public now.
Again. By any measure the world and America in general are far LESS violent than ever in the past. Cacs been killing innocents for centuries and nobody was “surprised”

The point you are attempting to make is directly the opposite of reality.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
These are two different points you are trying to conflate.

First you said “society is less sensitive to violence”

Now you wanna change that to “violence is more accessible”

Nobody argued that the internet doesn’t give access to violent images. What people have argued is that you can’t turn that into saying the internet/violent images are responsible for these recent mass shootings.

That’s that dumb shyt and a deflection from current and historical reality.

Again. By any measure the world and America in general are far LESS violent than ever in the past. Cacs been killing innocents for centuries and nobody was “surprised”

The point you are attempting to make is directly the opposite of reality.

No, this is what I said...
"For the most part, whether it's a game, movie, TV show or social media, we all have been desensitized to violence to some degree."

Also, I never said the internet/games or whatever else is why people do mass shootings/terrorist attacks, it's obviously more to it than that... all I said is that their will be research and analysis with all kinds of information about the profile of these kind of people committing these acts.
:hubie:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No, this is what I said...
"For the most part, whether it's a game, movie, TV show or social media, we all have been desensitized to violence to some degree."

And this is not true. As i demonstrated above. Before TV even existed people used to take their family to watch public executions. The existence of violent images on the internet doesn’t change that. A public execution would not be socially acceptable today. So there’s literally no basis for your statement that society is “desensitized” to violence.

2019 even with all the violence in the media has less murders and violence than 1960.

That’s facts.

Also, I never said the internet/games or whatever else is why people do mass shootings/terrorist attacks, it's obviously more to it than that... all I said is that their will be research and analysis with all kinds of information about the profile of these kind of people committing these acts.
:hubie:
That’s what you implied by bringing up the media in a thread about the violence:stopitslime:

And beyond that, studies have already been done, and numbers already exist. Violent images in the media have ZERO effect on real life violence.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
And this is not true. As i demonstrated above. Before TV even existed people used to take their family to watch public executions. The existence of violent images on the internet doesn’t change that. A public execution would not be socially acceptable today. So there’s literally no basis for your statement that society is “desensitized” to violence.

2019 even with all the violence in the media has less murders and violence than 1960.

That’s facts.

That’s what you implied by bringing up the media in a thread about the violence:stopitslime:

And beyond that, studies have already been done, and numbers already exist. Violent images in the media have ZERO effect on real life violence.
So current society is desensitized toward violence because there were public executions back in the 1930s... even though none of us witnessed the shyt ourselves

:mjtf:

Even with how egregious a public execution was during those times, at most, there were thousands of people in attendance.

Compared to TODAY? Millions of people view countless acts of violence and murder and keep it moving like, "that's life". I literally watched a breh walking around Walmart as people were getting slaughtered around him and he's casually talking about the shyt, but you're telling me people right now are shocked at what we see happening?

El Cocodrilo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's pretty funny at this point when anyone takes anything Trump says seriously anymore

Dude is constantly either talking out of his ass, trolling, saying shyt just to make the news, or just being a good old fashioned salesman. That is it.

I'm not even referencing his actual politics or policies. That aside it's funny to me I got all these friends and family on my FB timeline humoring a known bullshytter.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So current society is desensitized toward violence because there were public executions back in the 1930s... even though none of us witnessed the shyt ourselves

:mjtf:

Miss the point brehs :snoop:

Even with how egregious a public execution was during those times, at most, there were thousands of people in attendance.
Thousands in attendance in thousands of cities across the world :martin:

Compared to TODAY? Millions of people view countless acts of violence and murder and keep it moving like, "that's life". I literally watched a breh walking around Walmart as people were getting slaughtered around him and he's casually talking about the shyt, but you're telling me people right now are shocked at what we see happening?
The fukk? You clearly don’t know anything about history. People cheered on and applauded murder in the past, let alone not be bothered by it. Trump gotta at least pretend to condemn the violence, while some presidents in the past were openly able to endorse it.

I mean all this stuff is clearly documented and demonstrable. It is totally out of the realm of any type of reality to claim people are “desensitized” to violence to due to violent images on tv.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Im almost at the point now where i think they should ban these hyper realistic first person shooters. Its clear these incels are indoors playing WAY too much hyper violent video games. These fat, video game loving incels need to go outdoors.

All these glasses wearing pale cacs need to be dealth with.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Miss the point brehs :snoop:

Thousands in attendance in thousands of cities across the world :martin:

The fukk? You clearly don’t know anything about history. People cheered on and applauded murder in the past, let alone not be bothered by it. Trump gotta at least pretend to condemn the violence, while some presidents in the past were openly able to endorse it.

I mean all this stuff is clearly documented and demonstrable. It is totally out of the realm of any type of reality to claim people are “desensitized” to violence to due to violent images on tv.
:jbhmm:

As this conversation continues, I'm starting to think you don't know what desensitized means.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im almost at the point now where i think they should ban these hyper realistic first person shooters. Its clear these incels are indoors playing WAY too much hyper violent video games. These fat, video game loving incels need to go outdoors.

All these glasses wearing pale cacs need to be dealth with.
There was this cac ass mass shooter I seen a while back on here. Game was disgusting. I think it was banned. Games like this, movies alike should be pretty much banned because reasons. It's purely disgusting and serves no benefit.

It isn't even the hyper realism, it's the intent. TLOU Part II is way more realistic but it's not just a game where violence and shooting is done out of a blood lust for kills. This game looked to be strictly 'mass shooter' the game which is just disgusting. The trailer made me feel terrible. :scust:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
There was this cac ass mass shooter I seen a while back on here. Game was disgusting. I think it was banned. Games like this, movies alike should be pretty much banned because reasons. It's purely disgusting and serves no benefit.

It isn't even the hyper realism, it's the intent. TLOU Part II is way more realistic but it's not just a game where violence and shooting is done out of a blood lust for kills. This game looked to be strictly 'mass shooter' the game which is just disgusting. The trailer made me feel terrible. :scust:

Yeah, now a game like that, I could definitely understand and get behind it being banned. Most games are just not like that regardless how "realistic" they portray themselves to be. Shame too, cuz the game otherwise has a pretty solid looking artstyle and gameplay.