Trump blames video games for shootings

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Kids knowing about guns and mass shootings is a loose correlation. Knowing about guns isn't anymore different than kids knowing about knives or swords. The ease of access to it is a HUGE problem. Remove easy access to it and that's part of the problem fixed. The second problem I see you're not really (to me at least) acknowledging is why these people do it. You see, these recent mass shootings aren't little kids doing them but teens and older men. Their seething hatred as from their own manifestos shows exactly WHY they do it. One who feels it's their obligation to protect their race from some boogie man.

Blaming Call of Duty or The Terminator is a scapegoat. It's like people who think violence in the hood is influenced by gangster rap music not realizing that in the early 19th century there was lots of gang violence by Europeans in New York and other cities and rap didn't exist back then. It's like a dude blaming Cardi B and City girls for lots of girls being thots and cheating on them.
It's a bad influence but there's clearly a responsibility one must have to secure and protect a child from things that they can act upon.

How many times you ever heard of nikkas in the hood committing mass shootings because they grew up playing shooting games or watching violent rap videos? Violence and violence acted upon another from hate existed far before mass media consumption so anyone giving this "it's the games" argument is off base and quite frankly talking about some other shyt. What's next? Shooters wear shoes or boots? Therefore shoes are to blame for mass shootings.

Edit: Another thing i forgot to mention is these games and movies are a reflection of atrocities and obsession White Americans have with guns. Look at the games made by American game studios vs say Asian game studios. Mostly violent and gun oriented(shooters) in contrast to Japanese.
My nikka say less.

None of what you typed takes away from my statement that our society has been desensitized to violence via media. I've never said people go out and become a terrorist solely because of media/video games, so me getting all these titangraphs over what I've said is perplexing.

I grew up watching Rated R movies and listening to rap before I was a teenager and I turned out fine. Obviously there are more factors at play with these situations
:snoop:

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
But how many of them are psychotic losers.

A kid doing with a gun is doesn't mean there a lunatic.
Most of them aren't, some of them are
:manny:

Ultimately, it's the parent's job to monitor their kid and their interests. From there it's on them to identify red flags before they grow up... right?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My nikka say less.

None of what you typed takes away from my statement that our society has been desensitized to violence via media.

I didn't dispute that though. Those of us responding to you is because your statement was produced almost as if it was giving credence to the fallacy that game violence causes mass shootings. It's slightly off topic since desensitization of violence through mass media wasn't the focal point of the story.

I've never said people go out and become a terrorist solely because of media/video games, so me getting all these titangraphs over what I've said is perplexing.
Breh, this is your first post in this thread:

I was thinking about this earlier... with the rise in these domestic terrorist shootings. We all grew up through the gaming ages and were here before the online aspect came into play. I'm sure there will be some research and analysis on how much of an impact gaming helped create the climate this country is in now.

For the most part, whether it's a game, movie, TV show or social media, we all have been desensitized to violence to some degree.

There was a breh walking around that Walmart posting IG Stories with shots ranging off in the background. That shyt isn't normal.

I'm sure there will be some research and analysis on how much of an impact gaming helped create the climate this country is in now.

This is implicitly suggesting that somehow, games will have had played a role palpable enough for the climate that we're in now. Not the ideologies that have been ingrained into this nation's very fabric since it's conception from it's founding fathers; not the mass propaganda over the years that fuel these ideologies but games. It's more so the aforementioned has made an impact on gaming, not gaming making an impact on the climate the country is in. The point being gaming if you want to look at it is an effect, not a causative in the point you're making. "Titangraphs" ?:pachaha: We're on a desktop computer typing hundreds of words per minute on a forum. It's a discussion, not a "who can drop the illest post under 140 characters" tweet. Leave that to them blue check twitter nikkas.

I grew up watching Rated R movies and listening to rap before I was a teenager and I turned out fine. Obviously there are more factors at play with these situations
Again, these are anecdotal and we all grew up listening to gangster rap and watching violent movies in the hood yet shyt like this don't happen hence why the elephant in the room being ignored is why I'm like :dahell: I see what you're saying but you're trying to have a different discussion altogether. :yes:

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This is implicitly implying that somehow, games will have had played a role palpable enough for the climate that we're in now. Not the ideologies that have been ingrained into this nation's very fabric since it's conception from it's founding fathers; not the mass propaganda over the years that fuel these ideologies but games. It's more so the aforementioned has made an impact on gaming, not gaming making an impact on the climate the country is in.
I pick my words carefully.

Yal nikkas jumping out of the window for me saying, there will be analysis and research done on video games impact on mass shootings/terrorist attacks is honestly a straight forward simple ass statement. I didn't disclose anything else on purpose, because it's obvious there are various factors that lead up to what happened over the weekend.

This thread would have died if I didn't take this approach, you're welcome.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I pick my words carefully.

Yal nikkas jumping out of the window for me saying, there will be analysis and research done on video games impact on mass shootings/terrorist attacks is honestly a straight forward simple ass statement. I didn't disclose anything else on purpose, because it's obvious there are various factors that lead up to what happened over the weekend.
Folks jumped out cuz it sounded like you was basically agreeing with that argument and you also said you were playing devil's advocate. It's a contrarian position to take even if it's a statement.

It's like a nikka going "Yo I wonder if Black people were more compliant and didn't do street shyt would they not get oppressed by police and other white folks?" in a thread that's about a cop murdering someone with audio evidence of them hurling racial insults.

In addition, said thread would have evidence of blacks getting oppressed even at their height of development in this country(say Black Wall street) and you come in saying that.

It's just a contrarian position. Me, I see things straight forward, I don't entertain ill informed positions because there's ample data that refutes said position in relation to this topic. It's been like 20 years since Columbine and there's been enough time for this research yet nothing ever comes up except unfounded claims that's easily refuted.

I'm not attacking you though that's what I don't really like about text discussion the body language/tone isn't expressed. :smile:

This thread would have died if I didn't take this approach, you're welcome.
Thanks? :skip:

I think you should open up another thread about what you're talking about though especially in relation to children today.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
My nikka say less.

None of what you typed takes away from my statement that our society has been desensitized to violence via media. I've never said people go out and become a terrorist solely because of media/video games, so me getting all these titangraphs over what I've said is perplexing.

How the fukk can you claim society has been desensitized to violence when this exists.

americas-last-public-hanging.jpg

:stopitslime:

If anything people are more sensitive to violence right now. Thatโ€™s why weโ€™re talking about it so much.

You need to say less :ufdup:

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Folks jumped out cuz it sounded like you was basically agreeing with that argument and you also said you were playing devil's advocate. It's a contrarian position to take even if it's a statement.

It's like a nikka going "Yo I wonder if Black people were more compliant and didn't do street shyt would they not get oppressed by police and other white folks?" in a thread that's about a cop murdering someone with audio evidence of them hurling racial insults.

In addition, said thread would have evidence of blacks getting oppressed even at their height of development in this country(say Black Wall street) and you come in saying that.

It's just a contrarian position. Me, I see things straight forward, I don't entertain ill informed positions because there's ample data that refutes said position in relation to this topic. It's been like 20 years since Columbine and there's been enough time for this research yet nothing ever comes up except unfounded claims that's easily refuted.

I'm not attacking you though that's what I don't really like about text discussion the body language/tone isn't expressed. :smile:

Thanks? :skip:

I think you should open up another thread about what you're talking about though especially in relation to children today.
Again, say less.

I didn't even read the article in the OP, I wasn't agreeing with shyt
:dead:

I just put out a related statement to the discussion, a thought of my own, it's not that serious
:heh:

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
fear of the black mans phallus is at the heart of it all :mjpls:

the more I try to think about compromise long term the more I struggle

this the real reason they wanted segregation to begin with. It wasn't white males that were afraid for themselves per se (it was fear of losing their women)

I hope my brehs smarten up, as a young man I made sure that all my brehs could eat white, black, hispanic etc. These dudes once they feel inferior all bets are off.

And these women will follow suit if shyt gets real :francis:

most of these folks wouldn't exist without the presence of firearms (their ancestors would have stood no chance against other cultures). Keep telling them to give up their guns at your own risk :unimpressed: