True Detective - Season 3 (Jan. 13th/Official Thread)

fukkyalifestyle

Superstar
Daps
As a cinephile, I'm really annoyed that the finale of this is during the oscars. I'll be on twitter for sure and don't wanna see spoilers. They shouldn't have given us a double episode premiere IMO.

Granted this season has also gone against the superbowl and the grammys etc but still
they did release the first two episodes at same time

Daps
I'm surprised I'm not seeing more talk about Julie's call (if that was really her) so maybe I'm missing something. Why was she saying she was looking for her brother....could she really not have known her brother's body had been found? Seems like it was a big case. Also why was she saying Tom was posing as her father (I think I remember there being hints or downright assertions that the kids weren't his, but I'm not sure)

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
I'm surprised I'm not seeing more talk about Julie's call (if that was really her) so maybe I'm missing something. Why was she saying she was looking for her brother....could she really not have known her brother's body had been found? Seems like it was a big case. Also why was she saying Tom was posing as her father (I think I remember there being hints or downright assertions that the kids weren't his, but I'm not sure)

I question if that was even her at all :patrice:

The only two people who seem to have known her as an adult(dude they questioned and girl at the shelter) both said it was like she didn't know who she was and was pretty drugged out. The call could've easily been an impostor. I feel like we're not going to find out anything about what happened to her after they found the fingerprint, because there's nothing really to find. She just lives the rest of her life as a druggie runaway tryna survive :manny:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I question if that was even her at all :patrice:

The only two people who seem to have known her as an adult(dude they questioned and girl at the shelter) both said it was like she didn't know who she was and was pretty drugged out. The call could've easily been an impostor. I feel like we're not going to find out anything about what happened to her after they found the fingerprint, because there's nothing really to find. She just lives the rest of her life as a druggie runaway tryna survive :manny:
That shyt really do sound like R. Kelly's victims

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Finally caught up and this shyt is crazy!

I have a feeling Roland is involved in this pedo ring. His wife seems like a wild card to me. I wonder if she continued or knew something about the case and was killed. I can’t wait to see how this ends.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
May need to rewatch this season before the finale but I'm pretty caught up on what's going on :patrice:. I did that for S2 because, well S2 was a headache to follow.

Ali gets a couple :mjcry: moments out of me every episode - they should skip nominations now and hand him whatever fukking awards are going. That fella playing Tom was low-key killing it too.. I got heated during that interrogation scene :pacspit: He'd have adapted to prison though :wrist:
Y'all better put some damn respect on Scoot McNairy's name dammit! Resume too long as this point for y'all not to recognize him.

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
May need to rewatch this season before the finale but I'm pretty caught up on what's going on :patrice:. I did that for S2 because, well S2 was a headache to follow.

Y'all better put some damn respect on Scoot McNairy's name dammit! Resume too long as this point for y'all not to recognize him.

Recognise him from all kindsa shyt.. just forget the name :russ:

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
For the first time this season I'll be able to watch it live. Sunday nights are my chill time, but the past coupla months I've been deep in the streetz.

It's windy af today and I ain't going anywhere. I'm tuning in at 8pm

wp-content%252Fgallery%252Fexpectations-vs-reality-your-freshman-year-of-college%252Fchair-dance.gif%252Ffit-in__850x850.gif