True Detective - Season 3 (Jan. 13th/Official Thread)

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Facts, I thought S1's finale was mad underwhelming. This season has the potential to actually end on a higher note with no wack ass Errol Childress.

All the built up Lovecraftian dread to reveal........this?

10-glenn-fleshler-1.w330.h412.png
When he first appeared on screen I knew he was the killer in season 1. Had no idea why at the time.

I knew the Hoyt’s were involved the first time they went up there and they said the boss was away at some foundation thing he has for children. Just waiting to see how it all wraps up tonight.

Beck.er.

All Star
Daps
Wish I had time to rewatch the first 7 before the finale airs.

First few minutes of episode one Hays is listening to a recording he made for himself reminding him that he’s doing the tv interviews to figure out what information the reporters have on the case.
And “you don’t need no surprises this late in the game”.

Last thing Julie asks Tom is when her mother is coming home.
Last thing Tom says specifically to Will is to watch out for his sister.
He looks down the road to watch them and they’ve already disappeared completely.

First time we see Roland West he mentions going to some brothel, or somewhere with sex workers.

:martin: All those stupid Reddit theories about gay affairs between West and Tom or Harris and being in on the crime because of it could have been deaded by rewatching the first couple of minutes. :hhh:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Finally caught up.

The ep from last week was one of the best in TV history. Mahershala Ali deserves ALL the awards. The way he plays three different versions of the same character (especially the old man, he looks/walks/acts washed as fukk) is incredible. I haven't been this impressed by a character's transformation since Walter White.

All that aside, I have no idea what the fukk is going on. I mean, I understand the plot threads they got but I don't have the faintest clue about how it'll all wrap up, or even how it should wrap up. Which is honestly really exciting for me.

Fred.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Just the preview of all the shows HBO got for 2019 got me like :ohhh:

"Chernobyl" looks mad interesting.

I'm really liking these new limited series type shows that have been popping off. Longer than a movie but with not with the commitment of a full blown series.