re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Yes, a Mann fan, since I was child and watched 'Miami Vice'……..which was executive produced by Mann and helmed for 2 seasons, his handprints are all over the show. His vision was what 'Miami Vice' was really about….The pressure and paranoia/conflict of undercover work, the dirty and heartless streets, the audacity and failure of the US policy and the war on drugs….The toll the work takes on personal lives, Mann took the elements of 'Vice' that he liked and helped shape, and left the bullshyt where it belonged. If you want a quasi serious, massive body count pile up action comedy, with speedboats and car chases, then you want 'Bad Boys', that is not 'Miami Vice'. I will admit the first 'Bad Boys' had some elements but Mann's was truer to the source material…..It is just inaccurate to say that then tv series was lighthearted fun, yes it had some goofy 80's shyt, but the central show was nowhere near light or comic.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Mann has been wack as fukk for a while now. Dude should just retire because his movies pretty much since collateral have all been awful.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Michael Mann is one of the finest filmmakers there is. And his Miami Vice (director's cut feature) is fukking incredible. he wanted to show a realistic view of undercover life, and how lonely and dangerous it really was. If you watch the first 2 seasons of Miami Vice the TV series, you'll see it has a lot of grim elements. It wasn't on no Bad Boys shyt. it pretty dark. His movie is an updated reflection of that.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
well this isn't a full trailer, it's a teaser. Itd be more fair to compare both teasers

i might be mistaken, but I don't recall a teaser for season 1...the only trailer i ever saw for that show was the one posted...that's all they showed, there never was a dialogue-less teaser....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dont think these nikkas can be as gud as season 2 with my boys Matthew and Woody. That shyt had it all an the Louisana setting made it so different..........
im still down for sure hope we see Mcadams pawgin

mcadams-gif1.gif

what move is this from?

JohnB

Pro
Daps
The casting looks corny expect for Colin, might be disappointing let's see :yeshrug:

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Looks different which could be a good thing. I'm all the way in.

It's only a teaser.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I'm no True Detective hater but please tell me what part of the show was among the best written ever?

Was it the plagiarized dialogue of Matthew McConaughey? Or was it the intricate planting of details and seeds that ultimately led to no particular resolution?

:troll:
What was unresolved?

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Dont think these nikkas can be as gud as season 2 with my boys Matthew and Woody. That shyt had it all an the Louisana setting made it so different..........
im still down for sure hope we see Mcadams pawgin

mcadams-gif1.gif
this has been confirmed to be a body double a long ass time ago, idk why dudes keep posting it

robb

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
i aint feeling it, guess i'll just have to wait till im in a few episodes. But its partly because those actors have never given me any reason to think they have crafted their work. They have all been stuck doin the same shyt in films they have done. Maybe they will show some range.
Aver que pasa.