BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I knew that. I was just wondering if there was any more info provided other than that. I saw both episodes pretty late at night and I dozed off a couple times. :francis:
Bullseye basically a gopher
Vince Vaughn set him up for that revenge for the rape and now he owes him

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The show being called "True Detective" has been more of a disservice to this season than a benefit. Season 1 is very difficult to match and people are going to continue to compare.

I'm positive that if it was called anything other than TD it'd be well received by almost everyone because it's still better acted than most dramas on television and the cinematography is still quality as well. Take that final scene where Ray enters the house. That was a chilling 5-10 minutes of television. You don't get that from network television. You aren't even getting it from AMC anymore and definitely not Showtime currently.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Type of dumb shyt is this?:dahell: Idiots that compare seasons of American Horror Story (they're all entertaining trash) are as much idiots as people that are comparing this season of True Detective to last season. Actually, they're not as idiotic as the people in this thread because American Horror Story actually uses the same actors over several season whereas in True Detective the only thing the same is the writer/creator. The stories aren't connected, the actors are different, director is different...everything is different. You have no basis for comparison besides the fact that it's easier to compare than it is to use your brain and actually analyze what's going on. And why the hell would anyone be shook of this season not being as good as the first. How many nikkas on the coli do you think work for HBO or helped film this show?:what:

On a semi-related note, nothing is funnier than troll ass nikkas that use the "invested" argument as to why they watch something they don't like. There've been two episodes this season. You're not invested in anything, you just want to go online and be miserable. I don't watch or read anything I think is trash. It's completely illogical

Da gawd @obarth came through crushing buildings with that logic. :wowwow2:

They (TPTB) have said, different story, different actors, different everything.

I mean it is one thing to compare themes, cinematography etc but people really expecting a branch figure to turn up some where in this show. :lolbron:

Actually whole bunch of simple nikkas didn't even like Season 1 as I recalled. :mjdrinking:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Dumb shyt? Did you even read what you wrote? According to your shyt logic I guess we can't compare different shows to each other either since they're different stories with different actors in different settings by different creators. Sorry @MartyMcFly @Uncle_Ruckus @StraxStrax and whoever, there's no reason to ever have a Top 5 TV Shows/Movies/Whatever Of All Time voting thread again because that stuff is for idiots. We can't compare Breaking Bad to The Sopranos or The Wire to The Shield. The stories aren't connected, the actors are different, director is different, everything is different. We have no basis for comparison at all!

I'm starting to wonder if some people on here aren't actually working for HBO with all the dumb ass rhetoric you guys make up to convince yourselves that you can't compare a second season of a show to the first season of the same damn show.

There have been two episodes this season but you know damn well that the show has a huge fan base of the strength of the first season. You don't think maybe that's why people are invested in this season, because they're invested in the show as a whole? Just a thought.
Literally EVERYONE who watched True Detective Season 1 said that Season 2 will not live up to it, but I see people in here complaining about shyt that went on in season 1 as well. People complained about it being slow, about the plot being conventional as shyt, etc, then that episode 4 hit and everyone lost their damn minds. Can we just let this shyt breathe? We got posters on here who are literally complaining about the most trivial shyt, "I keep expecting Vince Vaughn to start doing that comedic rambling thing he does" I mean literally nitpicking everything. True Detective has ALWAYS been about the characters, their past, and their evolution as the story goes on. It's not about having some crazy mind blowing plot twist. It's all about the characters. And at this point, I'm interested in all the characters, their past, and their futures. I'm all for constructive criticism but some posters are literally forcing themselves to not like this season. If you don't like it, that's cool, say your peace and get the fukk out the thread and stop watching the show. LOL @ Continuing to watch shyt you don't enjoy just for the sake of coming in this thread to shyt on it (not specifically you godling, just posters in general).

LET THAT shyt BREATHEEEEEEEEEEE

Daps
My last post about the last episode highlighted things I didn't like, so miss me with that "y'all" shyt. When every post you make about something is negative, odds are you don't like what you're watching, reading, etc.
Yet here you are still expecting others to judge and post accordingly to what YOU view as appropriate to the thread.....

You're not unsure about something two episodes in?:ohhh:Internet nikkas love to complain as opposed to shutting up and seeing where things end up. Since you're "invested" and plan to watch every episode whether you like it or not, it'd make sense to have patience and see if the show answers the things you're unsure of.
Having patience and critiquing the show can both be in the same vessel, especially since the void in the week between each episode is filled by discussion. If it's ON topic then there's no reason for you to expect a filter on what is being posted.

:manny:

bangbreh

motorboat extraordinaire
Daps
Reppin
somewhere between a pair of D cup tiddies
The main theme is growing on me. It's as if the killer was singing it
Once them bongos and synths hit and them girls singin it completely changes, then again I'm a rhythm junkie so drums get me every time :yeshrug:
And yes, singer sounds like a killer for sure. It is more fitting than off first listen.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Literally EVERYONE who watched True Detective Season 1 said that Season 2 will not live up to it, but I see people in here complaining about shyt that went on in season 1 as well. People complained about it being slow, about the plot being conventional as shyt, etc, then that episode 4 hit and everyone lost their damn minds. Can we just let this shyt breathe? We got posters on here who are literally complaining about the most trivial shyt, "I keep expecting Vince Vaughn to start doing that comedic rambling thing he does" I mean literally nitpicking everything. True Detective has ALWAYS been about the characters, their past, and their evolution as the story goes on. It's not about having some crazy mind blowing plot twist. It's all about the characters. And at this point, I'm interested in all the characters, their past, and their futures. I'm all for constructive criticism but some posters are literally forcing themselves to not like this season. If you don't like it, that's cool, say your peace and get the fukk out the thread and stop watching the show. LOL @ Continuing to watch shyt you don't enjoy just for the sake of coming in this thread to shyt on it (not specifically you godling, just posters in general).

LET THAT shyt BREATHEEEEEEEEEEE

Stop crying, breh. I'm not saying I agree with all the criticisms (I certainly don't and the complaints about Vaughn in particular feel off because he's doing a good enough job with what he's given) but "Stop watching then!" is the most childish and pointless counter argument you can come up with. lol @ saying True Detective has "ALWAYS" been about the characters too. So after one season of a show, which as @obarth claims, should be viewed completely separately to every other season we'll get because they can absolutely not be compared, we now suddenly have a common theme on the show?

And again, people are invested in this show on the strength of the first season so they'll stick by it to the end of this season to see if it improves. But that doesn't mean that anyone should give this shyt a pass now just because it mighty get better. We judge the show on what we currently got and if some people think that's crap, it's their right to say so.