Daps
Edit:

Well now that i think about it,anis background has been woven into the plot. Franks has as well. As has rays. Its Literally only pauls story that hasnt affected the plot whatsoever.
If you had paid attention, his story, more specifically "Black Mountain" has been tied into the plot.

RS824yu.jpg

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Then you obviously haven't been paying enough attention. 'Black Mountain' has been brought up through dialogue and visual language all throughout this season, and not just from Paul or when he's in the frame.
And how has it affected the plot,as of right now,other than being a red herring?

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
My question to you would be, what do you believe is the plot?

How can you say "Black Mountain" or his story is a red herring, when we don't know either way at this point?
Because season1 was full of red herrings,and I fully believe its just another one and will never tie into the plot.

The point is,the other 3 characters background and stories have been woven into the plot already and actually been consequential.

Is there a chance they could tie into the plot the next 2 episodes? Of course. But so far,its been a waste of time and amounted to nothing.

All we can discuss is what we've seen. And from what we've seen,so far, is Pauls character has been pointless.

Daps
Because season1 was full of red herrings,and I fully believe its just another one and will never tie into the plot.
There's a difference between red herrings and establishing/layering themes, the latter I see get often confused with the former when it comes to season one. And in general.
The point is,the other 3 characters background and stories have been woven into the plot already and actually been consequential.
Everything and nothing has been "consequential" so far, because we're none the wiser as to what's going on, and what part each character plays. For the personal faults I have with Pizzolatto's writing, he isn't one to just throw shyt out there if it doesn't have any relevance to what's going on. Hasn't this been made clear now that he isn't the type of dude to pull tricks on the audience? Straight from the horse's mouth -
“I’ve enjoyed reading people theorize about what’s going to happen because it’s a sign that you’re connecting,” Pizzolatto told me. “But I’m also sort of surprised by how far afield they’re getting. Like, why do you think we’re tricking you? It’s because you’ve been abused as an audience for more than 20 years. I cannot think of anything more insulting as an audience than to go through eight weeks, eight hours with these people, and then to be told it was a lie—that what you were seeing wasn’t really what was happening. The show’s not trying to outsmart you.”
Paul isn't getting all this screentime to just be a "red herring".
Is there a chance they could tie into the plot the next 2 episodes? Of course. But so far,its been a waste of time and amounted to nothing.

All we can discuss is what we've seen. And from what we've seen,so far, is Pauls character has been pointless.

You just simply aren't paying enough attention. I must say it's surprising since you've been one of the biggest cheerleaders in this thread.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
There's a difference between red herrings and establishing/layering themes, the latter I see get often confused with the former when it comes to season one. And in general.

Everything and nothing has been "consequential" so far, because we're none the wiser as to what's going on, and what part each character plays. For the personal faults I have with Pizzolatto's writing, he isn't one to just throw shyt out there if it doesn't have any relevance to what's going on. Hasn't this been made clear now that he isn't the type of dude to pull tricks on the audience? Straight from the horse's mouth -

Paul isn't getting all this screentime to just be a "red herring".

You just simply aren't paying enough attention. I must say it's surprising since you've been one of the biggest cheerleaders in this thread.

Oh i must have imagined this then
ZUbHlHt.png

And you still have yet to point out what Im not paying attention to. What have I missed in pauls story line so far,including the black mountain stuff that has resonated into the plot that we have seen so far?

Youre basing your whole arguement about what MIGHT happen and Im simply speaking on what actually has happened.

Ive already acknowledged that it MAY have some pay off in the next 2 episodes.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
ZUbHlHt.png

And you still have yet to point out what Im not paying attention to. What have I missed in pauls story line so far,including the black mountain stuff that has resonated into the plot that we have seen so far?

Youre basing your whole arguement about what MIGHT happen and Im simply speaking on what actually has happened.

That picture is actually explained if you pay attention to the show or atleast give the first season a rewatch.

Daps
ZUbHlHt.png
Just like I must have imagined when I specifically said in my previous post -

I'll ask you again, what do you believe the plot is?

This doesn't make one bit of sense.

If it has "some pay off", can't you see that his story in deed did have importance and wasn't pointless to begin with? The fact you're acknowledging that it may tie in with whatever you believe the plot is, not only shows the contradiction in your initial stance but also shows that you don't know what the fukk's going on - just like everybody else.

If you're intent on believing that Pizzolatto is throwing all these red herrings at us, what makes you so sure that what you believe - Frank's, Velcoro's and Ani's stories - are essential to the plot, may not be red herrings themselves?

Last edited:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Explain away then.

Hart's daughter was sexually violated by the pedo cult. Even tho the one school closed down, they would have had access to other schools.
1.The spirals she kept drawing
2.The graphic sex pics she drew
3.The dolls she put in suggestive positions, that were surrounded by other standing dolls (remember the vhs tape?)
4.Her over sexual nature as a teenager
5.In the time skip she had a mental breakdown

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Just like I must have imagined when I specifically said in my previous post -

I'll ask you again, what do you believe the plot is?

This doesn't make one bit of sense.

If it has "some pay off", can't you see that his story in deed did have importance and wasn't pointless? The fact you're acknowledging that it may tie in with whatever you believe the plot is, not only shows the contradiction in your initial stance but also show that you don't know what the fukk's going on - just like everybody else.

If you're intent on believing that Pizzolatto is throwing all these red herrings at us, what makes you so sure that what you believe - Frank's, Velcoro's and Ani's stories - are essential to the plot, may not be red herrings themselves?

What theme did having that drawing on the wall establish? Elaborate.

:dwillhuh: is this a joke post or are you just trolling now?

Rays character is driven by the event of his girl being raped,an event that forever changed him and linked him to Frank. Without that event happening he has no connection to Frank. Without that plot point his actions would be vastly different as he wouldnt actively be helping Frank in finding out who killed Casper etc.

Franks story line and background is the main driving force behind the plot,hence why he has had the most screen time of any character. What could possibly be a red herring between two characters whos background and actions are intrinsic to the plot thus far?

Ill ask YOU again, what has Pauls character background and plot so far done that effected the plot in any way? Pauls story could very easily be written out with little effort,so far.

YOURE the one insistent that Im not "paying attention" yet you have continually failed to answer a simple question.

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Hart's daughter was sexually violated by the pedo cult. Even tho the one school closed down, they would have had access to other schools.
1.The spirals she kept drawing
2.The graphic sex pics she drew
3.The dolls she put in suggestive positions, that were surrounded by other standing dolls (remember the vhs tape?)
4.Her over sexual nature as a teenager
5.In the time skip she had a mental breakdown
At best, that is a loose theory and in no way factual.