Superstar
Daps
5mT9VId.jpg

smARTmouf

Ascended Member
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I probably don't pay attention enough when I watch this, but I have no idea what this season is about...

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
I probably don't pay attention enough when I watch this, but I have no idea what this season is about...

I pay attention and still am foggy on what is going on this season. I blame it on the way the show keeps trying to go "deep Lynch" - what's a dream? What's reality? Sooooooo Noir. Then turns around and tries to go "deep Hitchcock" - that whole orgy scene, zooming in on random items, escaping into the night. It is hard for me to completely follow.

I am used to the bad dialogue by now and don't really have a problem with it, the hamfisted way that this show is trying to "pay homage" is what's killing me. It's like watching the tv show equivalent of a pair of bootleg jordans. It's too bad too, I like a lot about this season and think the actors are great (I've warmed up to Vaughn), but I hate how schizophrenic it seems.

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This biggest problem with this season is the balance between the characters (and their personal stories) and the story. When they focus on the case, people in the thread applaud them. It's all this extra that they include that makes people uninterested in what's going on. Then they have a few minutes in the episode that just leaps the story ahead with no set up. Maybe it's a direct result of having four characters instead of two. Two may of been their magic number and I'd be lying if I didn't think Vince and Colin were our next duo and not what they ended up being.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This biggest problem with this season is the balance between the characters (and their personal stories) and the story. When they focus on the case, people in the thread applaud them. It's all this extra that they include that makes people uninterested in what's going on. Then they have a few minutes in the episode that just leaps the story ahead with no set up. Maybe it's a direct result of having four characters instead of two. Two may of been their magic number and I'd be lying if I didn't think Vince and Colin were our next duo and not what they ended up being.
Which is why it would not have been necessarily a bad thing story wise if Ray really died in the 2nd Episode
:manny:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait, i must've zoned out during the episode...when and how did ray realize the kid wasn't his or the rapists? :wtf:

Must be blake's then

ray already knows the kid isnt his....him and his wife were always under the impression the kid was the rapist's because she got pregnant around the same time of the rape....when the rapist sat down, ray saw he looks nothing like the kid...i mean, not 1 bit...

yea, i'm thinking the kid is blake's too....especially if it turns out that blake was the one that gave frank the info about the rapist....

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Which is why it would not have been necessarily a bad thing story wise if Ray really died in the 2nd Episode
:manny:
Nah ray has been by far the best part of this season. If kitsch died in episode 2 then nobody would have cared. His storyline this season has been a waste of time and inconsequential to the plot.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I know a lot of people think I don't criticize the show but I do and my major criticism is Vince Vaughn's character Frank and his wife. They eat up way too much screen time. I don't think Vaughn has been awful. In fact, I think he's been pretty decent in recent episodes. I think his wife has been awful throughout the entire season. Nick's writing of these characters has been spotty.

I told people earlier that I think the reason Frank uses some of the phrases he does is because he wants to think of himself as a cut above common street thug. Well, he's not. He's not a great businessman. He's not a white collar criminal. He's a joke to those people. I do think he'll have his day and show them they fukked up and underestimated him but that's how I seethe character written.

His dialogue is hit or miss so you can blame that on Nick but Nick's writing for Ray and Ani has been very solid. I just don't think this character should exist or at least if he does, not give him so much screen time. His story isn't that fukking interesting. I don't care about him having to go back and renegotiate deals around town. I DO NOT fukkING CARE.

I want seedy politicians. I want underground sex rings. I want Ray to do outlandish Ray shyt. I want Ani to do her thing. I want focus on the case. I do not want more of Frank and his awful wife.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
One could argue that each of the main characters' storylines has been inconsequential to the plot. So far. We're none the wiser as to what's really going on. :manny:
Edit:

Well now that i think about it,anis background has been woven into the plot. Franks has as well. As has rays. Its Literally only pauls story that hasnt affected the plot whatsoever.