Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
I've had glass quality MDMA and i've never hallucinated...am i missing something? Or should i just give the show a pass? :mjpls:

How come every show...when they're trying to show you what it's like to be high, just turns up the blur effects and throws in hallucinations? :ohhh: They don't even care what drug it is.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
It's entertains it's sheer brilliance of almost intentional misfires, cliches, and horrible writing...it's hamfisted and on the nose about 95% of the time, and it entertains for this reason....I am not moved by the characters, nor sold on their motivations, or circumstances in which they find themselves....so, yesterdays episode:

The cocaine binge was over the top, and ineffective in establishing what I thought was Ray's bleak and miserable outlook....He did a good job, but they went way overboard, less is more with cocaine scenes....coming from someone who did A LOT of coke for many years, as a 17 year old kid.....the scene just isn't believable, and the soundtrack was all off, a slight score and a few lines, focusing more on the drugs depressive qualities would have been much more effective....As it was, it almost played as a scene in a 'Horrible Bosses' type comedy....

The knife foreshadowing is just too much at this point, we got the whole very telegraphed since ep. 1 Chekovs Knife thing....Ani mutilating her workout board moments before the party was just overkill....

Pauls scene's were near unwatchable, just dull writing and mediocre acting from Kitsch....

The 'elite power circle' orgy parties scenes were the small glimpses of what a more focused and better written show may have been....Not that this hasn't been done do death, but it's an age old urban legend that is always of interest...For all the houses in LA, that one was kind of unspectacular, but the music helped generate tension on the opening shots, and the bus trek....It's VERY hard to believe the conceit, that dozens of hookers participate in these events with well known and unknown '1%'ers' and no one is the wiser......but, the show sold it well enough.

That said, the whole plot was straight out of bad 80's and 90's thrillers and near Scooby Doo in it's execuetion.....Paul and Ray are going to just disperse with the guards, enter the house and find something incriminating? Hell of a plan. And Ani was going to hold out for how long, and what purpose? What the fukk was the thinking there? Is it really reasonable to assume incriminating documents (theres signatures all over these contracts( :dead:) would be just laying around a house used for wealthy/creepy/connected politico/business orgy type parties? Maybe a rental would work better, I heard you can do that.

The Molly/PTSD thing has been discussed, and it's not a huge plot hole....those scenes were well played enough, never really carrying the weight or danger the show would like though. It never felt much more then a bad De Palma imitation as someone suggested. It's queasy and creepy, but Ani never seemed in danger. The men were familiar tropes. And the midnight charge into the full moon was just ridiculous.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
giphy.gif
The guy directed some of The Wire, Sopranos and Homeland. He is official. Next episode running 70 minutes .

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
You're better than those lame azz breaking bad mods. How u gone ban someone from sh1tting on a show? Only a fekket like @Prodigal Syndicate would advocate such bishazzness :scust:
You are the biggest piece of shyt in this thread, the mods are weak for letting a fukk boy you in it so long. You can eat a dikk just like them.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The nikkas is here saying "it's an awful show but I keep watching because..." have gone full fukkin retard. What's worse Nick's writing or the logic behind why you are still watching a show that you think sucks and to top it off.. you are watching the first airing of it. You are making it a point to be in front of your TV every Sunday night at 9pm eastern.

Where the fukk they do that at? :dead: :mjlol:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Ok here's what we're going to do.

Any arguing from here on out will be deleted. So don't even waste your time. Criticizing the show is fine but if you're obviously overly antagonistic....and that goes for anybody, on either side of the discussion....you will be banned from the thread, then possibly the entire site. Which brings me to my next point....

Francis White was banned from the thread, and will be banned permanently pending approval from cook. You cannot say shyt like "mods are weak, and can eat a dikk"....I mean, the kid has gotta be drunk. Mind you, there wasn't even a mod in the discussion or argument.

This is not The Booth. Act accordingly.

Fred.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
On Vince Vaugn's scenes....
'Did your Dad teach you that'? The kid was bouncing a baseball off a wall :laff:

To his credit, Vaughn's acting and delivery prevented the scene from being laugh out loud bad, but wow was 'You're solid gold' a badly written monolouge....

Again, writers insist on crime bosses and their goons conducting torture and murder in these huge, spacious industrial loft areas.....cliched and overused....

The whole Santa Muerte thing is something that has bothered me from the beginning, as it def. isn't a 'gang' anymore then the Virgin Mary is.....and then the show states this...just odd writing.

credit where it's due, the Frank/Ray scene in the beginning, may be one of the shows best interactions thus far....

Last edited:

SanchoPanda

I will take what is mine
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The nikkas is here saying "it's an awful show but I keep watching because..." have gone full fukkin retard. What's worse Nick's writing or the logic behind why you are still watching a show that you think sucks and to top it off.. you are watching the first airing of it. You are making it a point to be in front of your TV every Sunday night at 9pm eastern.

Where the fukk they do that at? :dead: :mjlol:

I have hbo now. I can watch it whenever I feel like it :yeshrug:

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan

Any arguing from here on out will be deleted. So don't even waste your time. Criticizing the show is fine but if you're obviously overly antagonistic....and that goes for anybody, on either side of the discussion....you will be banned from the thread, then possibly the entire site. Which brings me to my next point....

Francis White was banned from the thread, and will be banned permanently pending approval from cook. You cannot say shyt like "mods are weak, and can eat a dikk"....I mean, the kid has gotta be drunk. Mind you, there wasn't even a mod in the discussion or argument.

Fred.

Hol up, I can undastand being booted from a thread, but alladat otha extra shyt?...Mods caint be criticized now all of a sudden? :childplease::what:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

Fred.
So blatant trolling from posters deep in the red,and known to be shytty,woat nominated posters get a pass but just saying that gets him banned? Cmon fam. Thats ridiculous.

@The Taxman is trolling his ass off. Other dude just expressed his annoyance at it. Maybe he went extra with it sure, but this thread was better with him in it than fukking tax man being in it.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps

Fred.

we actually got mods being mods in this muthafukka....salute. The entire site could use some cleaning up...

• Dap
Reactions: hex