Trouble in xbox paradise ?

Daps
when it comes to exclusives we are in agreeance
I edited my last post w/ comments from the lead dev on Doom Eternal
He is concerned about memory
What is the point of investing in memory like devs have been begging for since forever if you are going to release a memory gimped console alongside them?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What is the point of investing in memory like devs have been begging for since forever if you are going to release a memory gimped console alongside them?

seems like they wanted to have their cake and eat it too...they wanted to boast about having the world’s most powerful console while also having the cheapest console next gen too

we’ll have to see if the devs’ concerns are warranted...I’m curious because my main interest in getting an XSX is for 3rd party games with the expectation it’ll offer a better playing experience...still gonna buy one and I’ll just keep it in the box til somebody makes a COD or assassin’s creed comparison video for all the next gen consoles

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
a game they managed to port to the Switch
That still hasn't released yet for the Switch about 6 months later.
Doom Eternal expansion DLC teased, yet still no Switch release date

tenor.gif

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Last Gen:
Two consoles released and the devs worked with confirmed specs
A mid gen refresh occurred but devs don't have to worry because they are just mid gen refresh upgrades
Develop for the base consoles you have already mastered and scale up for the mid gen refresh consoles

Next Gen:
Two consoles will release and the devs are working with confirmed specs that they have begged for that are important for console development and they finally did it
But one console has an inferior spec console that they will have to account for for the rest of the generation
Meaning when they develop a game, they might not be able to utilize the superior memory SSD solutions because of the gimped console

A huge problem with the Next Gen scenario as well is that XBOX Series S has a high probability of outselling Series X which will cement it as the minimum spec for development on XBOX.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
A huge problem with the Next Gen scenario as well is that XBOX Series S has a high probability of outselling Series X which will cement it as the minimum spec for development on XBOX.

THIS is what cats should be concerned with IMO.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Respectfully good brother, If your posts are more than 40 characters I'm scrolling right thru them.
Respectfully, like xbox im not dumbing down my post to the lowest common denominator
So? Y'all were happy to post tweets by that dynamic voltage dev
This never happened but lol at you being outraged over the lie you created. Now dusk golem? I'll ride with that...
Difference here is that's console to PC
That's been a common practice for a while
He is talking about console multiplatform development in general
MS invested in all this technology in the Series X with the GPU, CPU, and SSD solution only for it to be held back by the Xbox One X and Series S
Even after they abandon the One X, the Series S will still be prioritized
Meaning a lot of the Series X's power will not be utilized because games will not be made with the Series X's architecture in mind
They will develop for the Series S in mind
Sony and MS invested in the SSD storage solution to enhance console development by addressing many of the storage/memory issues developers have been complaining to Sony and MS about for a while
The problem is Microsoft broke down how it's not an issue and you hope it is because you're a fanboy. Right now you take all comments negative as fact
Its not going to be the norm for Sony as we are going all in on next gen. Wait and see how much better the PS5 games look.
And this was confirmed by who outside of Sony fanboys? Because the devs said how much weaker the ps5 is. Xbox been making games for xbox one x by enhancing them, adding assets. That's how they'll achieve things next gen without issue. You have no concerns, just hope for a downfall and the series s news got y'all screaming "look, I'm an expert and it's gonna fail and ruin SX games too!!!"

Like, sure it will :bryan:
That still hasn't released yet for the Switch about 6 months later.
Doom Eternal expansion DLC teased, yet still no Switch release date

tenor.gif
That's dlc tho :snoop:
Yes, Sony stans have been pushing this narrative as well :laff: the series s will sell so well that all developers will be like "fukk making our games then porting down like they've always done things. Let's just focus on series s."

You don't feel even slightly stupid when you write this stuff out? Like not even a little bit? You do realize ONLY SONY GAMERS ARE SAYING THIS.... IN UNISON.... LIKE A BUTTHURT CIRCLE JERK TYPE UNISON :scust:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Games are going to be built with the Series X in mind and then scaled down. Why? You start high and then pare it down. In any event, let people get their 15 minutes of fame and then they will go back to coding. They have The Witcher 3 running on a damn Switch. They are just bytching because they don't want to spend extra time, not because it won't work. I can rock with that explanation but not the other shyt. Console developers are used to one profile, now all console manufacturers are making more. Isn't there an HD switch coming soon? Even Nintendo is joining in the fun.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Games are going to be built with the Series X in mind and then scaled down. Why? You start high and then pare it down. In any event, let people get their 15 minutes of fame and then they will go back to coding. They have The Witcher 3 running on a damn Switch. They are just bytching because they don't want to spend extra time, not because it won't work. I can rock with that explanation but not the other shyt. Console developers are used to one profile, now all console manufacturers are making more. Isn't there an HD switch coming soon? Even Nintendo is joining in the fun.
You still saying this? Halo did not look anything like something built "in mind" with the Series X. Looks like it was built in mind with the Xbox one. An HD switch coming out 4 years later is different than a baseline being low right at the start of a gen.

It's funny how y'all cherry pick which devs you give credence to. The ones who are concerned are just "bytching" and want 15 minutes of fame but the ones who sound more optimistic are the most credible open shut. The musings of stannery .:mjlol: Every dev makes different games so of course they won't have uniform opinions. I'm sorry but the fact that you even say that shows how much of a stan some of y'all are especially you Mr.(I get all consoles day 1) guy.

When it was "devs" praising the PS5 or saying differences will be negligible between the X and 5 y'all was all "Oh is it 1st party devs? Bribes?" and looking for any angle to explain away the praise but when it's for the X it's indisputable. :mjlol:

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Son is bugging. The XSX is 3 or 4 times as powerful as the XOX, which did 4K30 without much problem.
Every game can be 4K60fps if you continue to make games using current gen assets. You don't think games will get more complex? People aren't saying games won't "work" on the Series S long term, they're saying it being much weaker than the X and 5 will mean it will in some ways probably for some games be compromised in a way that simply "lowering" the resolution won't really help. Either way since it's "casuals" that will be buying this in mass I guess it don't matter.

Last edited: