Trouble in xbox paradise ?

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Every game can be 4K60fps if you continue to make games using current gen assets. You don't think games will get more complex? People aren't saying games won't "work" on the Series S long term, they're saying it being much weaker than the X and 5 will mean it will in some ways probably for some games be compromised in a way that simply "lowering" the resolution won't really help. Either way since it's "casuals" that will be buying this in mass I guess it don't matter.
I understood what he meant, I think he's full of shyt. That demo we saw run on PS5 looked great, so how is the X going to have to compromise? He talks as if he has fully optimized code running, which is likely impossible at this point.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I understood what he meant, I think he's full of shyt. That demo we saw run on PS5 looked great, so how is the X going to have to compromise? He talks as if he has fully optimized code running, which is likely impossible at this point.
He's not talking about the X being compromised. he's talking about the S having to be in the picture means games will now have to account for that baseline spec and to be as equal as possible. At first it won't be much issues since it's mostly cross gen titles but I suspect as the months/years go on games will start to target much more complexity that we think isn't possible. They probably don't want to have to tone down a game not just in resolution but in other ways just to have it running decent on the S. People just see "1440P~120fps" and think the S will do everything the X does but just at a lower resolution.

*X=Series X not XB1X

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
not a problem
I'm sure Microsoft knew about these shortcomings but was focused on the consumer strategy which helps more indie developers
these people are acting like they're being forced to develop their game for switch,Xbox,pc, and mobile in one sitting :mjlol:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
He's not talking about the X being compromised. he's talking about the S having to be in the picture means games will now have to account for that baseline spec and to be as equal as possible. At first it won't be much issues since it's mostly cross gen titles but I suspect as the months/years go on games will start to target much more complexity that we think isn't possible. They probably don't want to have to tone down a game not just in resolution but in other ways just to have it running decent on the S. People just see "1440P~120fps" and think the S will do everything the X does but just at a lower resolution.

*X=Series X not XB1X
I'm referring to him saying the Series X and PS5 aren't 4K/60 machines. Sounds like bullshyt to me.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
Games are going to be built with the Series X in mind and then scaled down. Why? You start high and then pare it down. In any event, let people get their 15 minutes of fame and then they will go back to coding. They have The Witcher 3 running on a damn Switch. They are just bytching because they don't want to spend extra time, not because it won't work. I can rock with that explanation but not the other shyt. Console developers are used to one profile, now all console manufacturers are making more. Isn't there an HD switch coming soon? Even Nintendo is joining in the fun.
I think i read its easier to build the game with the less powerful console and then scale it up, which makes sense to me.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
You still saying this? Halo did not look anything like something built "in mind" with the Series X. Looks like it was built in mind with the Xbox one. An HD switch coming out 4 years later is different than a baseline being low right at the start of a gen.

It's funny how y'all cherry pick which devs you give credence to. The ones who are concerned are just "bytching" and want 15 minutes of fame but the ones who sound more optimistic are the most credible open shut. The musings of stannery .:mjlol: Every dev makes different games so of course they won't have uniform opinions. I'm sorry but the fact that you even say that shows how much of a stan some of y'all are especially you Mr.(I get all consoles day 1) guy.

When it was "devs" praising the PS5 or saying differences will be negligible between the X and 5 y'all was all "Oh is it 1st party devs? Bribes?" and looking for any angle to explain away the praise but when it's for the X it's indisputable. :mjlol:
Xbots are the Trump supporters of the video game industry. Everything is fake news unless it benefits them.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
console people looking autistic off my PC light, do they not understand how settings work with games?

Ps5 whichever version
Xbox whatever are both gonna work amazing
nikka the XB1X already did most of this shyt besides the drive speed :russ: you're getting the same shyt with more stability and sharper graphics for the TVs yall cant even afford :takedat: who's buying the series S anyways? fukking 10 year olds? :mjlol: