Trips NXT Era Aged Like Dogshyt...Respectfully Tho

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
The only legit thing I hated about NXT since it moved to being developmental was Karrion Kross being champion. Other than that everything else I had some enjoyment out of, well maybe with the exception of "Cool" Kyle O'Reilly's singles run. Good thing that didn't last long.

:russ:
That Cool Kyle shyt was so wack lmao

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
"We are Wild and Young" :troll:

I always loved how 2010 this sounds. Back when everyone was optimistic about the future, things were brighter, HD was a big deal, and you had songs about being made in America that you could play in a Budweiser commercial.

We are wiiiiiiiiiiiiiild and young.......... :wow:

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked NXT up until AEW debuted. That’s when I felt the booking was starting to decline, also Vince also became a little more involved in the product. I think they rushed Keith Lee winning the NXT title just to pop a rating and that’s when I stopped caring as much. Rushed storylines and bad booking. I think finally in the last year, NXT got its groove back

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
I liked NXT up until AEW debuted. That’s when I felt the booking was starting to decline, also Vince also became a little more involved in the product. I think they rushed Keith Lee winning the NXT title just to pop a rating and that’s when I stopped caring as much. Rushed storylines and bad booking. I think finally in the last year, NXT got its groove back
Contrary to anyone's belief Vince had little to nothing to do with NXT. HHH and more so than ever HBK have said that Vince was way to busy dealing with main and all the other factors of his company to worry about having anything to do with the day to day or creative in NXT.

That one reported visit that prompted the change to what NXT is now was one of the rare times Vince ever came to the PC. This is all from media calls HBK has had over the last year or so since he took over down there. HBK has stated that they are pretty free to do what they want there with little input from HHH or anyone currently on the main roster that has a hand in things.

Lots of times he has said he has been left in the dark on any call ups or moves of the roster until the last minute. These statements can be found online if you look hard enough.

Last edited:

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
How many homegrown nxt talent became champions when triple h took over?
Wiki says "As the founder and executive producer of NXT since its inception in 2010, Levesque has been widely praised for helping cultivate the brand, recruiting fresh new talent, and helping guide the brand to various levels of success including sold-out shows, increased respect for women's professional wrestling, international expansion and critically acclaimed matches."

So anyone homegrown from 2010 and beyond you can credit to him it seems.

So by that standard #1 homegrown is Roman Reigns. Yes FCW existed during the TV game show version of NXT which is where all the rookies came from.

Roman did start in FCW but he was also part of the transition of it to NXT developmental. Now Roman wasn't in the new version of NXT after it transitioned from FCW for very long. I think only a few weeks before he was brought up with The Shield.

But he was in it, no matter how briefly, so it counts. :troll:

Last edited:

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Wiki says "As the founder and executive producer of NXT since its inception in 2010, Levesque has been widely praised for helping cultivate the brand, recruiting fresh new talent, and helping guide the brand to various levels of success including sold-out shows, increased respect for women's professional wrestling, international expansion and critically acclaimed matches."

So anyone homegrown from 2010 and beyond you can credit to him it seems.

Ahhh, I thought he took over when dusty died

That's how trash my knowledge is of nxt haha

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Ahhh, I thought he took over when dusty died

That's how trash my knowledge is of nxt haha
I believe Dusty was just his right hand man, like HBK became before the pandemic.

Wiki says Dusty was head writer and creative director. So HHH might have been the top of the top, i.e. running things back then but it seems Dusty was doing most of the creative until his passing. It says he was removed as NXT Commissioner in 2013 but that could just have been all story line non-sense to get him on the main roster to do the Cody/Dustin stuff.

Last edited:

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Contrary to anyone's belief Vince had little to nothing to do with NXT. HHH and more so than ever HBK have said that Vince was way to busy dealing with main and all the other factors of his company to worry about having anything to do with the day to day or creative in NXT.

That one reported visit that prompted the change to what NXT is now was one of the rare times Vince ever came to the PC. This is all from media calls HBK has had over the last year or so since he took over down there. HBK has stated that they are pretty free to do what they want there with little input from HHH or anyone currently on the main roster that has a hand in things.

Lots of times he has said he has been left in the dark on any call ups or moves of the roster until the last minute. These statements can be found online if you look hard enough.
Bruce Pritchard became a little more involved after it starting airing on USA. It was primarily Triple H’s show but there was some input from Bruce/Vince. That’s why instead of slow builds like they did in the past, it turned into rushing storylines and matches to pop ratings which overall hurt the product. You’re right about the PC stuff, but that came later.