Trips NXT Era Aged Like Dogshyt...Respectfully Tho

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
I was in the live threads when brehs were talking bout NXT routinely putting out better shows than Raw and SD.

Then a lot of people left for AEW and now NXT sucked :russ:

The erasure of Black & Gold NXT is crazy, it was literally AEW before AEW. Not only did the threads do numbers but there were reports after every Takeover that the main roster wanted to outdo what they did the night before. Like we really gonna sit here and act like B&G was trash?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I was in the live threads when brehs were talking bout NXT routinely putting out better shows than Raw and SD.

Then a lot of people left for AEW and now NXT sucked :russ:

There's a bump I want to make. Give me one sec. I got something cookin' :mjgrin:
Yep, No idea why dudes like to lie and shyt when we could easily bump a bunch of old threads saying the complete opposite especially when it came to NXT vs Main Roster shows but whatever :manny:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
The erasure of Black & Gold NXT is crazy, it was literally AEW before AEW. Not only did the threads do numbers but there were reports after every Takeover that the main roster wanted to outdo what they did the night before. Like we really gonna sit here and act like B&G was trash?

@Blessed Koala is known for shytty takes. This is probably another one. :heh:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
One guy I'm glad that flopped was Lars Sullivan :dame:

Its crazy how Lars was on the verge to wrestle CeGOAT only to have stage fright, rather horizontal grapple with other men, and just being a stinky looking ugly testicle embodied worthless skin and struggle muscle called human flesh :scust:

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Who is trying to erase "Black & Gold" era? NXT is just in another phase of it's existance now. The next step of it's evolution. It's how it's always been and will always be.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Who is trying to erase "Black & Gold" era? NXT is just in another phase of it's existance now. The next step of it's evolution. It's how it's always been and will always be.

There’s a lot of revisionist history, not so much on here but on Twitter over Black & Gold in a way to big up 2.0 (or whatever it is now) and I just don’t think you gotta do all that.

That said, I still don’t have problem with black & gold ending. As you said, NXT has its eras and that era was wearing thin at the end, the presentation just looked dark and depressing, and guys like Gargano/Ciampa/UE had overstayed their welcome. I couldn’t get into 2.0 at first cause it was too goofy but I think they’ve found their groove now with a decent mix of work rate and sports entertainment. That said, it still can’t compare to prime black & gold.

Last edited:

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
There’s a lot of revisionist history, not so much on here but on Twitter over Black & Gold in a way to big up 2.0 (or whatever it is now) and I just don’t think you gotta do all that.

That said, I still don’t have problem with black & gold ending. As you said, NXT has its eras and that era was wearing thin at the end, the presentation just looked dark and depressing. I couldn’t get into 2.0 at first but I think they’ve found their groove now.
OK yeah I see that now since you mentioned Twitter. I do agree with the presentation of that era being dark and depressing. It's why I like the current era set up so much better. It's closer to what Raw and SD are presentation wise and you want the familiarity for casual audiences.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos

That said, I still don’t have problem with black & gold ending. As you said, NXT has its eras and that era was wearing thin at the end, the presentation just looked dark and depressing. I couldn’t get into 2.0 at first but I think they’ve found their groove now.

Yeah that's one of my biggest gripes with Black and Gold. Like everything felt like a 24 hour Grunge festival. Nothing felt a bit light-hearted, it was all "I WILL FIGHT FOR THE HEART AND THE SOUL", like lets cut the bullshyt, you are going to change the act the moment you get called up to the main roster.

On the real, looking back during that era...I swear, EVERY promotion was trying to do the whole Strong Style kick pad nonsense because NJPW started to be accessible. The moment Trips seen Okada and Tana swinging forearms like they're getting kinks out of joints, Trips OD'd on the fight forever nonsense :scust: .

Especially with that silly Gargano/Ciampa feud.