Trips NXT Era Aged Like Dogshyt...Respectfully Tho

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
The only legit thing I hated about NXT since it move to being developmental is Karrion Kross being champion. Other than that everything else I had some enjoyment out of, well maybe with the exception of "Cool" Kyle O'Reilly's singles run. Good thing that didn't last long.

:russ:

The thing with Kross was that it felt like it exposed what really is wrong with Trips booking. Kross relied heavily on his height, his corny ass "fall and pray" over theatrics entrance, and his wife carrying him. Once he hit Smackdown, Vince was like "surgical winter UGHH"

• Removed his wife
  • Removed his over theatrics
  • Removed his "fall and pray" shyt
He ended up just another tall ass wrestler with no guidance or rhyme and reason.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Actually I think HBK took over during the pandemic so when it came back right after. So it was a span of about a year that he was in charge. So HBK never ran any Takeovers since their last one was going to be right when the pandemic hit. It would have been NXT Takeover: Dublin in April 2020. NXT UK never really recovered from the pandemic and all the layoffs and the Me Too stuff that happened with some of the UK guys. It's basically why it shut down.

Not sure even if NXT Europe will do much of anything even tho HBK said it's still a go from the last time I heard him mention it in an interview.

Yeah because I can tell this is all Trips. I remember NXT UK being somewhat flames during the pandemic, especially with him allowing the gawd to kill Kay Lee Ray for the culture :wow:

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
The thing with Kross was that it felt like it exposed what really is wrong with Trips booking. Kross relied heavily on his height, his corny ass "fall and pray" over theatrics entrance, and his wife carrying him. Once he hit Smackdown, Vince was like "surgical winter UGHH"

• Removed his wife
  • Removed his over theatrics
  • Removed his "fall and pray" shyt
He ended up just another tall ass wrestler with no guidance or rhyme and reason.
He made a Fatal 5-Way with Cole, KOR, Dunne and Gargano boring whenever he was involved at Takeover 35, that's how much he sucked the life out of things in the ring.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
I also love that they dropped the "Takeover" moniker. It outlived it's meaning once 2.0 rolled around. It gave them new ways to name the PLE's instead of relying on the name of the city or the number of the event. Doing so made NXT more in line with the main roster.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
That endless Gargano and Ciampa feud, Kross as NXT champ with a bunch of generic guys on the roster, indie nxt was boring

BREH! I'm saying!

Look I love workrate, but I also love a balance. My son and I was watching a tag match earlier and he goes "daddy this is a boring but alright match"

Koala:
sleeping-koalas101.gif

The shyt didn't pick up until we got to the plunda match with was a given. Everything else just reeked of PWG without a personality.

• I realize Gargano/Ciampa was a wash when the corny ass NXT crowds were forcing the boos on Ciampa like :comeon:
  • The only dude with personality (Velveteen Dream) ended up taking the Velve from his name and decided to be deviant :picard:
  • The Mexican standoff at Wargames just kills my soul (WCW would never)
  • Mauro busting nuts all over commentary over the most basic of shyts just got played out
Man those were some hard times :picard:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
He made a Fatal 5-Way with Cole, KOR, Dunne and Gargano boring whenever he was involved at Takeover 35, that's how much he sucked the life out of things in the ring.

I remember Kross getting shytted on something proper during that match. The whole audience was like:

1Li.gif

They came to see flippy shyt and workrate, not MMA nonsense, and I say this respectfully as a Catchcan breh :wow:

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
BREH! I'm saying!

Look I love workrate, but I also love a balance. My son and I was watching a tag match earlier and he goes "daddy this is a boring but alright match"

Koala:
sleeping-koalas101.gif

The shyt didn't pick up until we got to the plunda match with was a given. Everything else just reeked of PWG without a personality.

• I realize Gargano/Ciampa was a wash when the corny ass NXT crowds were forcing the boos on Ciampa like :comeon:
  • The only dude with personality (Velveteen Dream) ended up taking the Velve from his name and decided to be deviant :picard:
  • The Mexican standoff at Wargames just kills my soul (WCW would never)
  • Mauro busting nuts all over commentary over the most basic of shyts just got played out
Man those were some hard times :picard:
I enjoy all eras of NXT.

Even the game show era that started in 2010, that shyt was pure fukkery overload. :banderas:

Especially the all women's season with a heel Michael Cole shytting on everyone. :blessed:

Each have something unique to like about it. It's why I love NXT so much. It's ability to change and do something different. It's WWE's revolving door of talent so you never really get used to someone for too long and it's on to the next new batch which I find enjoyable. Plus seeing talent make it big on the main roster is also cool. I don't get hung up on the stupid little things. If I enjoyed that's all that matters to me and very little in NXT has not made me enjoy it.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
I remember Kross getting shytted on something proper during that match. The whole audience was like:

1Li.gif

They came to see flippy shyt and workrate, not MMA nonsense, and I say this respectfully as a Catchcan breh :wow:
He just slowed everything down and made any sequence with him boring. That's I can say to describe it. Just a literal :scust: face when he was in the ring.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I enjoy all eras of NXT.

Even the game show era that started in 2010, that shyt was pure fukkery overload. :banderas:

Especially the all women's season with a heel Michael Cole shytting on everyone. :blessed:

Each have something unique to like about it. It's why I love NXT so much. It's ability to change and do something different. It's WWE's revolving door of talent so you never really get used to someone for too long and it's on to the next new batch which I find enjoyable. Plus seeing talent make it big on the main roster is also cool. I don't get hung up on the stupid little things. If I enjoyed that's all that matters to me and very little in NXT has not made me enjoy it.

Eh. I see that you are right. I'm more in depth with the Dusty era because it felt like a old grizzled vet trying to turn boys into men and girls into women. The promos hit different, the matches had more than just workrate, and it felt like a development territory, rather than a full blown promotion which killed the entire feel of NXT in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, there were some gems in Trips era:

• Bringing back "In Your House"
  • The "Dusty Tag Classic"
  • Nakamura arriving
  • A random Justin Thunder Liger wrestling Tyler Breeze :dahell:
  • Bringing back Wargames

It had its charm, but boy did it wear out its welcome, especially when Trips was on a warpath trying to hire every single thing with muscles. Hell he even went to the southside to hire The Great Marsoupta

images

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Eh. I see that you are right. I'm more in depth with the Dusty era because it felt like a old grizzled vet trying to turn boys into men and girls into women. The promos hit different, the matches had more than just workrate, and it felt like a development territory, rather than a full blown promotion which killed the entire feel of NXT in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, there were some gems in Trips era:

• Bringing back "In Your House"
  • The "Dusty Tag Classic"
  • Nakamura arriving
  • A random Justin Thunder Liger wrestling Tyler Breeze :dahell:
  • Bringing back Wargames

It had its charm, but boy did it wear out its welcome, especially when Trips was on a warpath trying to hire every single thing with muscles. Hell he even went to the southside to hire The Great Marsoupta

images
Let's get real here. People loved NXT because it was doing things Vince wouldn't do. I can't hate people for liking that or not liking that. It is what it is. Yeah HHH went a little crazy for a while there and took it a little too far off the path it was meant to be but it's back on that track and I feel it's in a great spot now.