Triple H named Head of Talent Relations and Creative in WWE. 2023 WON Booker of the Year.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I get what you saying, but Twitter is still the only viable outlet out there for quick and fast news and information. Every other entity that’s tried to compete with Twitter has failed, Threads, Blue Sky, etc, and Facebook ain’t no better, it’s a cesspool as well, and Instagram lowkey washed.
That’s because are too scared at the thought of having to build up their subscriber and follower count on a new platform.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
They could always start the PLEs earlier if they need to add an extra match or two. They have been using the SD before for some matches like the women's tag, I know theory and waller had a tag match on one, and some others I can't recall. Not the same as a PLE but guess they gotta do what they gotta do.

With the way the company has grown considering when championships are concerned, it's less odds of being on a PLE unless it's a gimmick like rumble or mitb or wargames or fighting for a title. Drew and Punk a major feud and of course factors had to save it for SS mainly cuz of punk being injured, but unless it's a big story like that, it won't have room on a ple.

6 singles and 2 tags is already 8 and all of them aren't even defended at the same event. Don't know how possible this might seem, but I wonder if them going to split PLEs in 2025 could work. Now I dont know if they could have the raw ones on netflix since thats where that show going but it could open up more revenue and opportunities for wrestlers. But not sure how that may work in regards to scheduling and whatnot. Not to mention the fact they want to go more international with the PLE so it may be costly on a logistics standpoint.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
They could always start the PLEs earlier if they need to add an extra match or two.
Just gonna state that they literally have. If a PLE takes place in North America, it starts at 7pm Eastern now, and has been like that since WM this year. I read they want to try and keep it like that for the foreseeable future. I also remember HHH saying he wants to keep the shows around 3 hours.

Also 6 of the 7 matches are title matches for SS. Let's also not forget SS going to 2 nights in 2026 so obviously more people will get a chance to be on the show once that happens.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
People bytched when Roman missed a PLE now people want Cody to take a break? :dead:
Shid this one week he wasn't on already feel like forever to me :pachaha:

I do hope he gets back on Raw somehow though after he loses his title.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
People bytched when Roman missed a PLE now people want Cody to take a break? :dead:
I've seen people who used to cry about him being a part-time champion switch to clamoring for him to come back and save us from Solo screen time :russ:

GJilOJyWsAApLJZ.jpg

:wow:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
That's exactly what the tag title matches would be if they were on SS. Why not give them more time and focus by having them on SD, which is what they are doing. Hell I forgot to factor in Jelly Roll. That's going to take up time.
Or you could put them on the PLE with the rest of the champions. The problem is that HHH wants every match to be 15-20mins, when you could have exciting 10min matches. Kurt & Rey tore the house down at Summerslam 2002, and that match was about 10mins.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
They could always start the PLEs earlier if they need to add an extra match or two. They have been using the SD before for some matches like the women's tag, I know theory and waller had a tag match on one, and some others I can't recall. Not the same as a PLE but guess they gotta do what they gotta do.

With the way the company has grown considering when championships are concerned, it's less odds of being on a PLE unless it's a gimmick like rumble or mitb or wargames or fighting for a title. Drew and Punk a major feud and of course factors had to save it for SS mainly cuz of punk being injured, but unless it's a big story like that, it won't have room on a ple.

6 singles and 2 tags is already 8 and all of them aren't even defended at the same event. Don't know how possible this might seem, but I wonder if them going to split PLEs in 2025 could work. Now I dont know if they could have the raw ones on netflix since thats where that show going but it could open up more revenue and opportunities for wrestlers. But not sure how that may work in regards to scheduling and whatnot. Not to mention the fact they want to go more international with the PLE so it may be costly on a logistics standpoint.

Just gonna state that they literally have. If a PLE takes place in North America, it starts at 7pm Eastern now, and has been like that since WM this year. I read they want to try and keep it like that for the foreseeable future. I also remember HHH saying he wants to keep the shows around 3 hours.

Also 6 of the 7 matches are title matches for SS. Let's also not forget SS going to 2 nights in 2026 so obviously more people will get a chance to be on the show once that happens.

Something to keep an eye on that seems to have been forgotten is they are broadcasting 4 Primetime specials on NBC as part of the Smackdown USA deal. So those are more opportunities for big matches in between the PLEs
I wonder how those will be scheduled through the year
I don't expect them to be more than 2 hours regardless

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Something to keep an eye on that seems to have been forgotten is they are broadcasting 4 Primetime specials on NBC as part of the Smackdown USA deal. So those are more opportunities for big matches in between the PLEs
I wonder how those will be scheduled through the year
I don't expect them to be more than 2 hours regardless
They could go the NXT route and have them be named specials like GAB, etc. Just one possibility.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Tweets still being shared in this very thread of course (when the embeds bother to work). Twitter is already hemorrhaging money, if people just put their app usage where their mouth is, the app could have very well been regarded to the dustbin of history months ago. But people would rather complain about the filthy little Boer on his app than abandon the app (which is supposedly worse in every way now as well).

I'll be glad when that shyttle has his brains splattered over a 12ft area but I'm still annoyed but how much complaining about Elon is done on the very app he ruined (and it was never great to begin with). As long as people still use it as the town square it is going to have some prestige that is valuable, even if only for his ego, to that pissant.
It's not like people don't got options, they can either move to Bluesky, Hive Social or Threads. The problem is that many people reach a point where they don't want to move from one app to another anymore, so they rather stay on Twitter and complain, than move like a lot of people have done.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
It's not like people don't got options, they can either move to Bluesky, Hive Social or Threads. The problem is that many people reach a point where they don't want to move from one app to another anymore, so they rather stay on Twitter and complain, than move like a lot of people have done.

Convenience also plays a factor. Twitter got that compared to others. FB old and outdated. Tiktok is great but is more visual content than written content. Harder to have discussions on there unless a video is made on the topic and it's not as organized as twitter when it comes to certain stuff.

Per the data, twitter not even in top ten

YouTube, IG, TT, all video based. Of course issue with twitter is some of the political stuff on there but it is kinda like a town square for any topic and communities get formed that way so its easier to use.

I know threads started buy think that died quick. Until the others get more popularity they won't attract much of the market share.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Convenience also plays a factor. Twitter got that compared to others. FB old and outdated. Tiktok is great but is more visual content than written content. Harder to have discussions on there unless a video is made on the topic and it's not as organized as twitter when it comes to certain stuff.

Per the data, twitter not even in top ten

YouTube, IG, TT, all video based. Of course issue with twitter is some of the political stuff on there but it is kinda like a town square for any topic and communities get formed that way so its easier to use.

I know threads started buy think that died quick. Until the others get more popularity they won't attract much of the market share.
That's arguably the biggest reason. It's the reason why you hear how people complain about Facebook and Instagram for years, but this uses the platform.