Triple H named Head of Talent Relations and Creative in WWE. 2023 WON Booker of the Year.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I don’t even think it’s that. I truly think people seek things to critique and when all of the boxes are checked, they reach for anything and in mania’s case, the women’s matches were the easiest thing to find an issue with going into the weekend

We see it with AEW all the time. They could put on a 10/10 show next Wednesday, and you’d have a thread of people going “well where’s action andretti?!” “All this tv time and not enough time for the women?” Etc.

And at that point it’s so clear muhfukkas are desperately searching for literally anything to nag about. I get it, but that shyt gets old fast. Especially when it’s the same people doing it while pretending to have no underlying motive

A couple cacs just tried to shyt on Sasha for what was ten seconds out of a ten minute segment that they clearly didn't see or have any context to. People on here just like to bytch. :manny:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
The merchandise numbers prove it’s time for a face champion and that Roman isn’t far and away the biggest star anymore. It’s too late to wrap the bloodline up at its peak
If the face you’re talking about (cody) is moving so much merch, why does he need to be champion?

Clearly he’s putting asses in the seats and making a shyt ton of money for the company as is. When did this notion that being a star was contingent on being champion start?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
If the face you’re talking about (cody) is moving so much merch, why does he need to be champion?

Clearly he’s putting asses in the seats and making a shyt ton of money for the company as is. When did this notion that being a star was contingent on being champion start?

I think a title run would be beneficial to him and his brand at some point so he doesn't become the perennial "loser" and so his fan base doesn't lose interest, but does he need to be the champion or go on an extended run, probably not. Stone Cold and The Rock (yes, I know I'm not comparing them really) never had long runs with the title but they stayed over.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
I think a title run would be beneficial to him and his brand at some point so he doesn't become the perennial "loser" and so his fan base doesn't lose interest, but does he need to be the champion or go on an extended run, probably not. Stone Cold and The Rock (yes, I know I'm not comparing them really) never had long runs with the title but they stayed over.
I mean, I agree with this to a degree, but at the same time.. it’s wrestling

A guy can go 0-82 for 5 years. The minute the button is pushed on you, everything prior is erased. We’ve seen it enough times to understand this, yet people still seem to get caught up in the moment. There’s a reason Mark Henry can go from a career loser to inducting cats into the hall of pain overnight. That’s the beauty of pro wrestling. They could put the title on Seth tomorrow and it would be believable, despite him losing damn near every feud for like 3 years straight.

With that said, Cody is clearly in no danger of cooling off. Just a month ago people were screaming that it should be Sami and not him.. now everyone is crying for Cody as if he’s being done dirty. See how the conversation shifts? Dude will be fine and he’ll get a run. His success is not contingent on beating Roman. He sells tickets. That’s not changing because he lost a predetermined match.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I mean, I agree with this to a degree, but at the same time.. it’s wrestling

A guy can go 0-82 for 5 years. The minute the button is pushed on you, everything prior is erased. We’ve seen it enough times to understand this, yet people still seem to get caught up in the moment. There’s a reason Mark Henry can go from a career loser to inducting cats into the hall of pain overnight. That’s the beauty of pro wrestling. They could put the title on Seth tomorrow and it would be believable, despite him losing damn near every feud for like 3 years straight.

With that said, Cody is clearly in no danger of cooling off. Just a month ago people were screaming that it should be Sami and not him.. now everyone is crying for Cody as if he’s being done dirty. See how the conversation shifts? Dude will be fine and he’ll get a run. His success is not contingent on beating Roman. He sells tickets. That’s not changing because he lost a predetermined match.

I agree with you that somebody can always be built back up but I'm more suggesting that if they want to keep him hot then he's going to need a big win here or there, maybe a big win over Brock Lesnar or whatever. We've seen examples where guys got cooled off.

Ryback, I know people think he sucks but he was an example of an act who got red hot and then they made him look foolish one too many times and his popularity suffered greatly.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Since the 80s…Hogan was moving mad merch did he NEED the championship after the first 2 runs, no…but when he wasnt champion there was a difference in the money coming in.

Same with Ric Flair in NWA

Same with John Cena

Safe to assume merch sales will increase as a champion

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
I agree with you that somebody can always be built back up but I'm more suggesting that if they want to keep him hot then he's going to need a big win here or there, maybe a big win over Brock Lesnar or whatever. We've seen examples where guys got cooled off.

Ryback, I know people think he sucks but he was an example of an act who got red hot and then they made him look foolish one too many times and his popularity suffered greatly.

Ryback career went sour because he was injuring people regularly, and getting hurt himself. Let’s be honest.

Cody could go in there and get squashed by Brock in 30 seconds. The kids aren’t gonna throw their temporary tattoos and weight belts away because of it. Cody ain’t some on the cusp muhfukka, he one of the faces of the company

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

Everything Nick Khan has said about Vince has been wrong so why the hell would you believe him now? :dead:

And "in charge of creative" doesn't mean much when Vince is the one that has final say, we've seen countless people have that position and not being able to do a damn thing once Cokeboy does Cokeboy things.

Even when Vicente made Heyman and Bischoff in charge of RAW and SD that shyt lasted less than a month :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
People say "yall wanna blame Vince when the show is bad and then give credit to Triple H if it's good" but we've been around long enough to be able to tell the differences between what McMahon likes to do and what Hunter likes to do. The RAW after WM was obviously a Vince show. Since then, I'd say he hasn't had his hand in much.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Ryback career went sour because he was injuring people regularly, and getting hurt himself. Let’s be honest.

Cody could go in there and get squashed by Brock in 30 seconds. The kids aren’t gonna throw their temporary tattoos and weight belts away because of it. Cody ain’t some on the cusp muhfukka, he one of the faces of the company
Yeah…..This some grade A BULLSHYT.

Ryback was the most over face and got straight up Fuccked because The Rock was always taking the title from Punk and they booked themselves into a corner and ended up taking ALL the steam off their hottest act with that dumb shyt.

After that, Vince did what Vince does and after the heel turn/feud with Cena it was officially over.