Triple H named Head of Talent Relations and Creative in WWE. 2023 WON Booker of the Year.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I think a title run would be beneficial to him and his brand at some point so he doesn't become the perennial "loser" and so his fan base doesn't lose interest, but does he need to be the champion or go on an extended run, probably not. Stone Cold and The Rock (yes, I know I'm not comparing them really) never had long runs with the title but they stayed over.
True, There’s a difference in not needing the title and being a bytch who never wins it.

Biggest example is Samoa Joe in TNA. He didn’t need the belt but the fact that he lost all of his shots for like 3 years made him look like a bytch.

Vice Versa with Goldberg in WCW. He only held that belt once and for only 6 months, But the fact was that he had won it. After that, He was made and never needed it again tbh.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Yeah…..This some grade A BULLSHYT.

Ryback was the most over face and got straight up Fuccked because The Rock was always taking the title from Punk and they booked themselves into a corner and ended up taking ALL the steam off their hottest act with that dumb shyt.

After that, Vince did what Vince does and after the heel turn/feud with Cena it was officially over.

Lol if you really believe Ryback was on a Cody Rhodes type trajectory and was held back because he didn’t become champion, we got nothing to talk about. You got it.

I’m waiting for the day Cody’s merch slows up and people stop paying to see him because he lost to Roman. Until then, you nikkas talkin in circles

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
And WWE been fire outside of that 1 episode of RAW, so seeing nikkas still running around like chickens with their heads cut off whenever Vince is mentioned is hilarious

Last edited:

Silkk

Daps
Lol if you really believe Ryback was on a Cody Rhodes type trajectory and was held back because he didn’t become champion, we got nothing to talk about. You got it.

I’m waiting for the day Cody’s merch slows up and people stop paying to see him because he lost to Roman. Until then, you nikkas talkin in circles
I didn’t say shyt about Cody Rhodes

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
I didn’t say shyt about Cody Rhodes
But that’s who the conversation is about.

Go back to the what sparked this conversation. I posed the question “since when was being a star contingent on being champion” in response to someone saying we needed a face champion. Also stated that Cody was literally in no danger of “cooling off” and even argued that getting squashed by Lesnar wouldn’t change a thing

And somehow Ryback was worked into the conversation as a counter.

Silkk

Daps
But that’s who the conversation is about.

Go back to the what sparked this conversation. I posed the question “since when was being a star contingent on being champion” and stated that Cody was literally in no danger of “cooling off” and even argued that getting squashed by Lesnar wouldn’t change a thing

And somehow Ryback was worked into the conversation as a counter.
Im only speaking to what you said in regards to Ryback and why his career went left.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I’ll laugh my ass off if Cokeboy came back motivated and puts out a solid product. shyt, I watched more than a hour of Raw and I haven’t done that in years. These weirdos would be so confused. :mjlol:

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps

Ryback wasn't on a Cody trajectory because Cody has way more charisma and can cut fantastic promos so the ceiling is much much higher. Ryback's entire appeal was raw intensity and an aura of being invincible. @Silkk is right that overbooking shyt changed the trajectory Ryback was on. He could've been a main eventer (not face of the company Cena style, but what Braun Strowman used to be), the first PPV he headlined drew a better than typical number and his segments had been doing good in the ratings at the time.

1993 Lex Luger is also the famous example of making him look like a loser celebrating a countout win like he won the World Series. It was over for him after that as far as being an A-tier main eventer

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
People say "yall wanna blame Vince when the show is bad and then give credit to Triple H if it's good" but we've been around long enough to be able to tell the differences between what McMahon likes to do and what Hunter likes to do. The RAW after WM was obviously a Vince show. Since then, I'd say he hasn't had his hand in much.
Yup. Haitch has his own brand of trash he likes too (infatuation with certain wrasslers and wanting everything to go a little too long), it's just his trash is boring not objectionably awful like Vince's (weird idiosyncrasies and schizophrenically haphazard approach to anything that isn't make the top guy look strong).

Bad Haitch =
:russell: :unimpressed:

Bad Vince =
:dahell::mindblown::scust: