Triple 6 Mafia vs Mobb Deep..... which group went harder?

The better group is...

• Triple Six Mafia

Votes: 43 58.1%
  • Mobb Deep

Votes: 31 41.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Straight up, went harder.
mostly music, sometimes matter - i dont even know. i just realized in that other thread these 2 are similar.
Ok. If we aren't talking quality of music, I would vote the devil worshipping, drug abusing, woman abusing, Crunk precursors, club destroying crew from Memphis. :youngsabo:
Plus don't they have songs about body parts :scust:
Mobb had vastly superior songs/albums/beats/rhymes, but I don't think anyone is questioning that.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
You need that mid - 90s memphis sound in your life breh
I've listened to some YouTube videos and the beats were all laughably bad :scust:
But I'll get around to copping an album at some point and giving it a proper listen in the car. What was their peak run? Their Infamous-Hell on Earth-Episodes of a Hustler-Murda Muzik type run?
What albums should I get is what I'm asking?

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
I've listened to some YouTube videos and the beats were all laughably bad :scust:
But I'll get around to copping an album at some point and giving it a proper listen in the car. What was their peak run? Their Infamous-Hell on Earth-Episodes of a Hustler-Murda Muzik type run?
What albums should I get is what I'm asking?
DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING
Mid 90's Memphis Underground Rap Tapes
You need this dark shyt in your life, man.

10:31

Superstar
Daps
1) 36 Mafia had GREAT production, but they rap like 'everybody and their grandma can do it'...They don't sound like professional rappers...

2) Mobb Deep had GREAT production and a GREAT rapper (Prime Prodigy) and a good rapper...Havoc's delivery lacks but he raps on beat and he has dope lyrics, so I can tolerate him...

3) I even believe 36 Mafia had and still have BETTER production than Mobb Deep, but a beat is useless without a good rapper...I can't listen to that offbeat rapping...If you are not rhyming on the snare hit, you are offbeat to my ears or if your bars sound like if they are "hanging" like if the thought is incomplete...

4) Also, I liked 36 Mafia's rapping on "Most Famous Unknowns" but I love their beats on the earlier stuff when they didn't know how to rap...

5) Older 36 Mafia is like Cypress Hill to me, dope beats but I CANNOT stand the rapping...I have their discography, and I try to listen once in awhile, the music is great but the rapping ruins it for me...

6) Infamous and Hell On Earth are just perfect combinations of raps and beats...Probably the 2 best albums from New York hip hop...

Agree to disagree on the production

Both Havoc, Paul/J are legendary producers but as you can see Paul/J's production has stood the test of time better and transformed the genre.

You got nikkas like Travis Scott basically creating new sub-genres (rock hop) based off the foundation Paul & J laid.

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
Ok. If we aren't talking quality of music, I would vote the devil worshipping, drug abusing, woman abusing, Crunk precursors, club destroying crew from Memphis. :youngsabo:
Plus don't they have songs about body parts :scust:
Mobb had vastly superior songs/albums/beats/rhymes, but I don't think anyone is questioning that.

ummmm..... i am. Mobb most certainly has some classic shyt (duh), but triple six may have more :ohmy:

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They have no classic albums.
Maybe a few borderline classic songs. Mostly regional until 2005 though.

You're a cac. You're not gonna be amongst the folks and the areas where the 6's albums had their impact when they dropped or be able to gauge their effect while living in a boom-bap cac bubble.

What is or isn't a "classic" isn't up to you to designate white boy.

And 3-6 sold twice as many albums as Mobb Deep and has a listener base spread out in more regions of the country...if they're "regional" the fukk does that make Mobb Deep? :childplease: