Triple 6 Mafia vs Mobb Deep..... which group went harder?

The better group is...

• Triple Six Mafia

Votes: 43 58.1%
  • Mobb Deep

Votes: 31 41.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
aWhOXST.gif

Three-6 had more people, so...

shyt, this is a W.O.A.T. thread...

Oh my fault I forgot there is a bunch of grammer police muthafukkas on this board...Don't matter if they had more people they had Crunchy which means a L:manny:

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Depends on what you're into...from an unbiased perspective I'd say Three 6 is more diverse with it.

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Compare the 6double6 to a 3rd or 4th tier rap group brehs
rH5ScLr.png

At least put 'em against somebody that's on their level like Geto Boys or Ball & G. Or near their level like Bone Thugs, Hot Boys or UGK...

Mobb Deep comes up short in every single comparable metric for greatness in rap. Every single one.

3-6 has...

a MUCH better & deeper discog
better rappers
better production
more longetivity
a much larger impact/influence on the sound of rap
sold more records
has no ballerinas on their roster
they weren't hardcore "street" rappers that took L's in the street every 5 seconds
etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.

LEVELS people LEVELS....

10:31

Superstar
Daps
Mobb Deep...

36 Mafia are a WASTE of dope beats...I wish I had their instrumental catalog...The rapping is SO wack even the dope beats can't save them...

How?

Project Pat is one of the best southern MCs of all time. Pat was their featured MC. Three six as a collective did more for the culture. Had they been from Queens NY in the 90s their mass appeal would be universal. There is a reason they have an Oscar for moving scoring (soundtrack) and Prodigy hasn't been the same lyrcally since 1999.

Mobb Deep is stronger lyrically but they literally fall short in every other category.

Production
Creativity
Impact
Lyrics
Longevity

Thee six has them beat in 4 of the 5 categories.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How?
Project Pat is one of the southern MCs of all time. Pat was their featured MC. Three six as a collective did more for the culture. Had they been from Queens NY in the 90s their mere appeal would be universal. There is a reason they have an Oscar for moving scoring and Prodigy hasn't been the same lyrcally since 1999.
Mobb Deep is stronger lyrically but they literally fall short in every other category.
Production
Creativity
Impact
Lyrics
Longevity
Thee six has them beat in 4 of the 5 categories.
1) 36 Mafia had GREAT production, but they rap like 'everybody and their grandma can do it'...They don't sound like professional rappers...

2) Mobb Deep had GREAT production and a GREAT rapper (Prime Prodigy) and a good rapper...Havoc's delivery lacks but he raps on beat and he has dope lyrics, so I can tolerate him...

3) I even believe 36 Mafia had and still have BETTER production than Mobb Deep, but a beat is useless without a good rapper...I can't listen to that offbeat rapping...If you are not rhyming on the snare hit, you are offbeat to my ears or if your bars sound like if they are "hanging" like if the thought is incomplete...

4) Also, I liked 36 Mafia's rapping on "Most Famous Unknowns" but I love their beats on the earlier stuff when they didn't know how to rap...

5) Older 36 Mafia is like Cypress Hill to me, dope beats but I CANNOT stand the rapping...I have their discography, and I try to listen once in awhile, the music is great but the rapping ruins it for me...

6) Infamous and Hell On Earth are just perfect combinations of raps and beats...Probably the 2 best albums from New York hip hop...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just my opinion...

I enjoyed the production on Infamous and Hell On Earth...After that, Prodigy started falling off...He wasn't even rhyming consistently, sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't...Mobb Deep became hit or miss to me...

But early 36 Mafia is my type of beats...The rappers are not good though, so I can never fully enjoy their music...

36 Mafia have more songs too, and I don't think they have EVER produced a wack beat...By the numbers, they have better production and MORE variety...

"Stay High" "Half on a sack" "Who run it" and "Poppin my color" are recent 36 Mafia beats that I still hear in my head...

Mobb Deep hasn't had a banger since "Get away" in my opinion...