Treasury to announce that Harriet Tubman will replace Andrew Jackson on $20 bill

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Yeah, but unless this shyt is coming with some kind of reparations to actually put the bills in BLACK hands, it's basically kinda useless. :yeshrug:
This is what Im saying...

And dawg...Im Nigerian and West Indian...i dont even have a horse in this race. But black americans deserve reperations more than any other group in the world.....

Im so sick of this bullshyt country man...
more symbolic gestures

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz birthday should be a federal holiday.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I'm not okay with it. It will piss me off every time. I hate being reminded of slavery. :mjcry:
This country is so fukked...up!!!!!

And dont even use that "every country/civilization had slaves/slavery" rebuttal to me. American slavery created white supremacy/racism and anti blackness as a global standard thats still in practice today. This country's fukking constitution had an amendment that stated that black people were 3/5ths of a human being that was repealed! So that black people could be used further as free labor after the emancipation proclaimation amd reconstruction. So it is a completely different type of monster.

The more and more i think about it....this is bothersome.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
No idea how this got approved. Nobody else sees the irony in putting a freed slave on an item used for the buying and selling of goods?

Doesn't this sound like some shyt you would've heard about back during slavery? Wouldn't you, if you owned a slave based economy, put them on the money to signify the value of your goods?:
Buyer: Hey sir, how much is that there bottle of gin
Seller: It's going for 2 of those light skinned blacks.
Buyer: I only have one of these old black women
Seller: That'll do. Here's your change back sir. *hands over copper coins with faces of native americans*

:ohhh: hopefully that wasn't the intention when they approved this

Imo its pretty dope that they replaced the most powerful man who was a slave master with a woman who freed slaves. The ultimate :umad:

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
This. Watch the ATMs only give out $10 bills only for now on

shyt is crazy, you got white folks talking abut how they want 4 $5's or take 2 $10's.

white folks are really heated about this shyt. i went on a article on msn this mourning about this and motherfukkas calling andrew jackson a "founding father" and justifying him being racist and giving natives that work. same with franklin and he wasn't a president either. i honestly expect to see youtube videos of white folks burning 20's in the future. carrying 20's in Mississippi might be a life sentence now :mjlol:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Too
There will be.

People will complain that removing jackson is equivalent to erasing 'very important history'.

Just like how they never want to hear about slavery because that makes them uncomfortable. :mjpls:
Too bad thats a large chunk of america's history...almost 300 years. Longer than this country has even been a country. Thats not easy to ignore.