Treasury to announce that Harriet Tubman will replace Andrew Jackson on $20 bill

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I thinks it's impossible to know how she would have felt about being on this racist ass country's currency. But the important thing is to honor those that need to be honored. It's less about Harriet Tubman the person right now and more about what she represents imo.
What she represents goes against everything this country stands for. Lets be honest. She freed slaves. America was built on slavery. Wall Street and the Financial District of Manhattan was a slave trading ground and built on an african slave graveyard.

Im 50/50 on this....this is more bothersome to whites though as they have to be reminded that their privileges came from slavery and the legacy of racism every time they pull out a 20.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
No idea how this got approved. Nobody else sees the irony in putting a freed slave on an item used for the buying and selling of goods?

Doesn't this sound like some shyt you would've heard about back during slavery? Wouldn't you, if you owned a slave based economy, put them on the money to signify the value of your goods?:
Buyer: Hey sir, how much is that there bottle of gin
Seller: It's going for 2 of those light skinned blacks.
Buyer: I only have one of these old black women
Seller: That'll do. Here's your change back sir. *hands over copper coins with faces of native americans*

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Wait until rappers get a hold of these bills :wow:

All the Harriet Tubman bars :wow:

"We throwing tubmans at Follies, slave master parked in the lobby":gladbron::skip:

:beli:
:patrice:
So when are they gonna change tge name of Jacksonville, FL and remove the statue of that piece of shyt from downtown?
And when are they gonna get rid of confederate flags and statues dedicated to slave owners and klansmen?

Can ole miss and their team just become defunct?
Can the redskins and indians get rid of their mascots?

Can all of these old timey blackface era products (uncle bens rice, aunt jemima's) finally get a revamp to something with less of a hudeous history?

:francis:

America is so fukked up...people really think all of this bs can coexist peacefully with no problem when it clashes terribly. This country was just built off of so much wrong that even when it tries to do right it comes off weird.

This is cringe to me breh. Cringe.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
She might have helped some of your ancestors at one point, she is probably one of the GOAT women of all time, she was militant, read her story. If anything im proud that she is being recognized there wasn't one ounce of c00n in that sista.
To you and others, notice how coincidently this news is released right after that injustice yesterday? Trying divert our attention from that injustice to give us something to cheer about. Her face being on a fukking $20 is useless right now.

There's a war going on right now, no black man's safe from.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
No idea how this got approved. Nobody else sees the irony in putting a freed slave on an item used for the buying and selling of goods?

Doesn't this sound like some shyt you would've heard about back during slavery? Wouldn't you, if you owned a slave based economy, put them on the money to signify the value of your goods?:
Buyer: Hey sir, how much is that there bottle of gin
Seller: It's going for 2 of those light skinned blacks.
Buyer: I only have one of these old black women
Seller: That'll do. Here's your change back sir. *hands over copper coins with faces of native americans*
:wow:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
To you and others, notice how coincidently this news is released right after that injustice yesterday? Trying divert our attention from that injustice to give us something to cheer about. Her face being on a fukking $20 is useless right now.

There's a war going on right now, no black man's safe from.
Its insulting im sick of it.

They shut us out of the job market in numerous industries (tech, legal mj, etc)...unemployment rate for us is still higher than any other group..cops get away with killing black men and women...but hey...heres harriet tubman on a 20! Watch Empire & Power! Hillary Clinton carries hot sauce and hits a mean dab! We added a black character to the new star wars...but guess what hes emasculated and a coward....but dont worry we'll redeem him in the last 30 minutes of the third film coming out 4 years from now.

:francis:
I aint happy about this man....