Treasury to announce that Harriet Tubman will replace Andrew Jackson on $20 bill

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
I hear you, but my view is IMAGINE your reaction if they ANNOUNCED: Hey America, we arE putting a new face on the $20.

Then announed, it was ANOTHER white man. oR aSIAN, lATINO, OR EVEN tRANSGENDER PERSON??? :sas1:

With that in mind, I take it as a small victory. if you cannot admit even that, you are basically saying NOTHING will make you happy.

Not mad...just felt like thats the direction the convo went lol...

Need to put more of us on our money...these old cacs don't stand for anything IMO

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Yeah, people can see that slight irony, but come on now. Look how insanely pissed off the racists are. This ain't never going to be a win for them.

And when you realize how bad the counterargument is, you get why it's okay. Can you imagine if the Treasury Department said, "We wanted to put Harriett Tubman on the $20, but we didn't want to put former slaves on our money" or "We wanted to put her on the $20 but we thought people might make racist jokes, so we decided to stick with only White faces for now."

Side note, no offense, I don't like calling her a "freed slave". That makes it sound like something that happened to her. She was a Black woman who straight threw off the chains of slavery.

1. Just because racist are pissed off, doesn't mean I should be celebrating the news. This completely ignores context.
2. If the treasury gave those reasons, it would be applauded, because people would be like, "Damn they actually want to honor her the right way." How would you answer the treasury's comments if they said they wouldn't put her on money because of those reasons?

This is not backlash because you put a black person on currency. You could've put Madam CJ Walker and it would've been met with applause. Your memorial to a freed slave, is going to be a picture - on an item used to buy and sell things - taken of her while freeing slaves, from being bought and sold like things. It's crazy.

You wouldn't name an USS carrier after a pacifist.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Now the White supremacist will say. "See...racism is in the past, we have a Black President AND a Black face on our money":beli:

And if we hadn't had those two things, they'd be having epiphanies saying, "Wow, we really need to get those poor people some reparations!" :usure:

Ignorant, racist, bigoted people who don't want racial equality after Harriett Tubman appears on the $20 are the same people who didn't want racial equality before Harriett Tubman was on the $20. Anyone appeased by this didn't give a shyt before anyway. If you're afraid that this is a new "argument" they'll use against you, they step up your arguing game. As far as real change, it doesn't do shyt. But I'm certainly not going to complain about getting a racist slaveowner off our money and replacing him with a heroic Black woman.

You don't watch espionage movies or understand the FBI and CIA do you? Who releases that type of news without a rollout? It was just thrown out there out no fukking where. You think it's random? You're the fool they pray for and prey on.

Learning about how government works by watching espionage movies. :dead:

Now it's not just the New York judicial system and the Treasury Department that are colluding on this conspiracy, but the FBI and the CIA too. :deadrose:

They "pray for and prey on" me because I...um....do what? Continue to argue for justice against Liang while also being glad that Harriett Tubman is on the $20? Don't give up the struggle just because they tossed out a bone? That's the reaction they're praying for?

And if you want a better roll-out, you seem not to have been following the story at all. Harriett Tubman has been being promoted as the choice to replace Jackson since last year. The fact that Andrew Jackson was getting replaced with a woman was already announced last week. And this is NOT the official announcement of the news, that hasn't happened yet - it's just a leak from sources who know that the Treasury Department is ready to announce their decision.

Pitfalls0117

Invokana Trump
Daps
Reppin
NJ->BOS->DC
In Harriet Tubman's time black women were literally used as currency and her entire life was spent fighting and struggling to destroy that system of objectification and dehumanization. Now today Harriet will literally be affixed to that same currency.

How sickening, how repellent, how disgusting.

h2o_proof

Thread Closed...As Usual
Daps
Reppin
Houston
A freedom fighter on a treasury note heh? Something tells me Harriet is rolling over in her grave. Its the same way a lot of people feel about Che's image screenprinted on mass-produced t-shirts. These type of people weren't really into idolatry or misplaced symbolism like that...
God forbid she has a bandana on in the image they use :wtb:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Lmao my local news channel just posted this on FB , white folks loosing there mind

Am pinning this shyt

34965_Paulie_Walnuts.gif

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk Andrew Jackson, they could leave the front blank and it would be an improvement but it's about time we diversified the faces on our currency.

Should've been Kobe though. Yes Harriet Tubman saved lives but she has zero rings and never put up 81. Plus she was a system player.