Treasury to announce that Harriet Tubman will replace Andrew Jackson on $20 bill

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Seriously, that part of it might be the best. The fact that someone who did as many despicable things as Andrew Jackson was still being honored on our cash was a national sin.

They wanted a woman because there aren't women on the front of any bills yet. If you're going to pick a woman....she's a damn good one.

Yeah, that had me feeling a little suspect about it. She did work as a spy for the Union during the war, so you can't say she was completely anti-government or anything though.

I'd rather be reminded by looking at a slave-freer than by looking at a slave-owner.

Yeah, people can see that slight irony, but come on now. Look how insanely pissed off the racists are. This ain't never going to be a win for them.

And when you realize how bad the counterargument is, you get why it's okay. Can you imagine if the Treasury Department said, "We wanted to put Harriett Tubman on the $20, but we didn't want to put former slaves on our money" or "We wanted to put her on the $20 but we thought people might make racist jokes, so we decided to stick with only White faces for now."

Side note, no offense, I don't like calling her a "freed slave". That makes it sound like something that happened to her. She was a Black woman who straight threw off the chains of slavery.

Come on now, you folks are fukking crazy. You think there's a national conspiracy involving multiple branches of the government to change the nation's currency so that they can manipulate the news cycle because they think Black people are so short-sighted and forgetful that learning about Harriet Tubman on the $20 is gonna make them somehow totally forget about Liang's sentence. Right.

Ya'all conspiracy theorists will put the absolute biggest importance on the dumbest shyt. This news will have NO impact whatsoever on what happens to Liang or the backlash about it. It's like that reporter they claim was fake killed on national TV....but really killed/disappeared off-screen somewhere....so that the government could...um....do what again?

If the government is really putting this much energy into plots this dumb, then we have nothing to fear from them, because they'd have to be the stupidest plotters imaginable.
You don't watch espionage movies or understand the FBI and CIA do you? Who releases that type of news without a rollout? It was just thrown out there out no fukking where. You think it's random? You're the fool they pray for and prey on.

Daps
I'm happy that they put not only a woman, but a sista on the $20...

I still have this feeling like they saying something similar to, "oh yeah, put HER on there I guess...that'll keep THEM quiet for a lil while.":francis:

I hear you, but my view is IMAGINE your reaction if they ANNOUNCED: Hey America, we arE putting a new face on the $20.

Then announed, it was ANOTHER white man. oR aSIAN, lATINO, OR EVEN tRANSGENDER PERSON??? :sas1:

With that in mind, I take it as a small victory. if you cannot admit even that, you are basically saying NOTHING will make you happy.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
way more gangsta pic. They should use this one..

CggPdkqXEAEQ8Gs.jpg

Daps
:russell:

Corny.

We still as a community gonna have the same amount of 20s so.........:francis:

Omg cac attention let's all Fawn over it

:scust:

aT THE SAME TIME YOU ARE ALSO SAYING: hEY LETS NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANYTHING POSITIVE AT ALL- But if it was a white man going on a new bill YOu would be the first one saying "See how they do us??"

Cant have it both ways, to all my fellow "brothers" comin in here talking about "Big deal, who cares, we still aint got" just STFU
you are the type that when blacks got FREED FROM SLAVERY instead of taking 2 minits to be happy, immediately started asking "So Where do WE GO WORK NOW?" :ohhh: